Wigan 1 West Ham Utd 0 (02/02/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Wigan v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by The Gibbins »

Hammer Laffers wrote:
Don't lie, he told us the real, "Well I'm in my seat now and can't be bothered" reason why you didn't come down :lol: :wink:
in my seat...eating 2 pies :lol: soory for lack of detail
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Hammer Laffers wrote:
Don't lie, he told us the real, "Well I'm in my seat now and can't be bothered" reason why you didn't come down :lol:
Thats exactly whay I heard :lol:

Pies= portable

Gibbins = Lazy :lol:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

I seem to remember a distinct lack of pies :cry:
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Memorial Ground wrote:I seem to remember a distinct lack of pies :cry:
Didn't miss much in my opinion - ****ing horrible things they were :thdn: Can't top Delia for pies!
V-M

Post by V-M »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: Didn't miss much in my opinion - f*cking horrible things they were :thdn: Can't top Delia for pies!
I thought the pies weren't bad, apart from being about the quarter of the size that they needed to be :lol:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

i loved the pies, but yes, they were very small lol
AVCO76

Post by AVCO76 »

When did this turn in to the 'Quality of Wigan's Pies' thread?? :D
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

AVCO76 wrote:When did this turn in to the 'Quality of Wigan's Pies' thread?? :D
Better than talking about the quality of the football :thup:

Poor, poor game - left the northern slums in a very bad mood.

Fair play to the cloth cappers they were up for it and got to every single loose ball, we on the other hand at times seemed slow and laboured. The pitch wasn't suitable for the likes of Solano and Lundberg and physically we couldn't deal with their shitkicking style of football in the midfield or up front, and couldn't adapt our style to suit.

The shocker is we didn't even make Kirkland get his shorts dirty - at one stage Neill ran the ball across the front of the penalty area from one side to another and back again with no one willing to show for it and consequently lost the ball. Shocking.
AVCO76

Post by AVCO76 »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: Better than talking about the quality of the football :thup:

Poor, poor game - left the northern slums in a very bad mood.

Fair play to the cloth cappers they were up for it and got to every single loose ball, we on the other hand at times seemed slow and laboured. The pitch wasn't suitable for the likes of Solano and Lundberg and physically we couldn't deal with their shitkicking style of football in the midfield or up front, and couldn't adapt our style to suit.

The shocker is we didn't even make Kirkland get his shorts dirty - at one stage Neill ran the ball across the front of the penalty area from one side to another and back again with no one willing to show for it and consequently lost the ball. Shocking.
On paper we should have got something from that game... On the bright side everyone above us in thr table didnt really move so no real loss, just a chance missed.

Birmingham up next and that could go either way and after Fulham's spirited comeback yesterday, that match no longer looks like 3 points in the bag to me...

I had us down for 7 points from these 3 games but we could easily leave with nothing.
V-M

Post by V-M »

AVCO76 wrote: I had us down for 7 points from these 3 games but we could easily leave with nothing.
Its the West Ham way :wink:
manstev
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by manstev »

Enough said about the game I think,

Just a quick one to say it was my first away trip for many years, and it was great to finally put faces to many of you posters. I am Coley's mate, and we went up with RARS and met a few of you up there. (Vmixture,Laffers,Clarke, Anthony, Gnome, Ben etc)

You guys that go home and away, week in week out are a credit to the club, good on ya. That's what puts us in a different league to teams like Wigan.

Keep it up lads.
:crest: