Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

leveller

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by leveller »

Pulls up Trees wrote:Maybe the 113/114 filming was related to a specific incident rather than general observation, especially if it was the old Bill doing it rather than stewards. Only intimidating if you are there to cause trouble surely??
Was not a specific incident, they were doing it the whole game, sometimes the bloke had the camera turned on the away fans but mostly at us. As I said before I've been at many an away game where the same thing happened but never had it at a home game. I find it slightly intimidating yes but just unacceptable more than anything to be treated like a suspected criminal and filmed by the police just for watching a football game. There was no trouble at all in my area of the ground during the game by the way.
AndyWHUFC39

Post by AndyWHUFC39 »

Due to this silly camera me and my pal were thrown out by the old bill at HT just for some harmless banter which we have every game in block 114 with the away fans, will be very disappointed if this happens every game, only positive i was indoors with fish and chips by the final whistle :lol:
Sparky69er

Post by Sparky69er »

Are they Filming blocks 113/114 then?
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

http://populous.com/project/london-olym ... formation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

''Part of this transformation design incorporates the potential for a fully-automated system of retractable seating, with all four sides of the lower bowl designed to move over the new running track when in football mode. The fabric roof used during the games has been removed and replaced by a larger solid roof that is the largest single-span cable net stadium roof structure in the world; 45,000m2 in size, and 84m at its deepest point.

The new roof covers every seat in the stadium and has been designed to improve acoustics and heighten the spectator experience, reflecting the noise of the terraces, focussing the sound and projecting it towards the pitch. In order to preserve some of the Olympic Stadium’s unique identity, the iconic triangular lighting tower design that used to stand over the old roof has been inverted and they now hang underneath the new, larger roof.''

Where did it all go wrong?
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by clawhammer »

There are things wrong at the OS but not the bogs. Compared to the BMU they are FAR better. Immediately on half time I went for a piss and was back in my seat within 5 minutes. No battle to get past the bar and the Martin Peters hot doggery. Once in, the queue was fast moving .
I find a lot of the criticism a bit far fetched tbh. Transport links , queues for the station, atmosphere are all better or the same as UP. My main dislike is the rift between us over standing which was a great distraction for a while and interfered with watching the football which is my main reason for going. This seems to be settling down a bit.
The main worry which needs to be sorted is security and segregation and I would prefer it if we concentrate on these real issues rather than making up problems and pretending that UP was better and not, in many areas, a lot worse than the new ground.
The other thing I would like to see is for the Standing areas to start leading in the singing stakes like we were told they were going to if only they were allowed to stand.When we do get going the noise is actually awesome and I hope that we start in earnest on Wednesday.
The migration was certainly botched in several areas and we have allowed this to fester a bit too long. IMO
every game things get a little bit easier as we all get our bearings. It is amazing how moaning direct to the club or via KUMB (or others maybe) does get a reaction.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

I do think the acoustics are much better than at Upton Park and a lot of other grounds. It is deafeningly loud when we get going, probably helped by the roof.
hatori

Post by hatori »

No complaints from me. Settling in nicely. Just need some memorable games

:crest:
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

hatori wrote:No complaints from me. Settling in nicely. Just need some memorable games

:crest:
Plenty of complaints from me. But a memorable game will put a lot of minds at ease.

Where better to start than a midweek London derby under the lights?!
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bengeo »

Sparky69er wrote:can you walk from the bobby moore lower to the west stand via the concourse?
Yes, no problem. If you want to go to the South end of the West Stand then it is best to walk along the gangway behind the lower tier seats as that avoids the blockage caused by the corporate area.
Sparky69er wrote:there's no barriers is there?
The only barriers are those either side of the Away support at the South end.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

I've yet to hear any consistent chanting from the East Stand near Curva Chav, not a single Ludo Miklosko, perhaps one or two OLAS at most, and not even really Bubbles all that often.

Lots of grumbling every time a pass isn't hit to perfection mind.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

hawkins_hammer wrote:I've yet to hear any consistent chanting from the East Stand near Curva Chav, not a single Ludo Miklosko, perhaps one or two OLAS at most, and not even really Bubbles all that often.

which is such a shame...that stand is spectacular...the amount of people in there...if you can get all of them chanting, it would be electric
griff123

Post by griff123 »

Sparky69er wrote:can you walk from the bobby moore lower to the west stand via the concourse?

there's no barriers is there?
Yes, you can walk almost around the whole stadium, apart from the away bit. I am in east stand block 230 & often go and see friends in block 104 which is in the opposite corner & next to the corporate lounges
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

hawkins_hammer wrote:not a single Ludo Miklosko, perhaps one or two OLAS at most, and not even really Bubbles all that often.
It was started twice but fizzled out.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

clawhammer wrote:There are things wrong at the OS but not the bogs. Compared to the BMU they are FAR better. Immediately on half time I went for a piss and was back in my seat within 5 minutes.
5 minutes ? Sitting or standing ?
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

hawkins_hammer wrote:I've yet to hear any consistent chanting from the East Stand near Curva Chav, not a single Ludo Miklosko, perhaps one or two OLAS at most, and not even really Bubbles all that often.

There's about 50 or so of us across 130-131 who continuously try to get it going. Problem is the planks behind the goal don't join in, the lawnmower gap doesn't join in and tHe gap behind us doesn't join in, upstairs rarely join in either. Shame because that East could be ok with a kick of passion up the arse.
Some fists in the upper started doing the Icelandic clap at one point this shows what we're up against over there.
"Best migration in history" you soppy tart.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

The Miklosko song is a bit **** to be fair
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Im Block 130 and must admit we rarely join in the Ludo song as it is a bit overdone now for an ex-player IMO.

We got West Ham C&B army and Chitty Bang Bang Bubbles proper going a few times, its just the Upper, 132 onwards and the tourists in the STBL dont join in and the acoustics are **** with the roof so far away so we very isolated. Can also see 114 havin a party by the away fans but cant hear f*** all.

Dont even get me started on the attempted Iceland Thunder clap from the ESU. Im all for a bit of atmosphere but that is just embarrassing plastic crap.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

hadleighhammer wrote:Im Block 130 and must admit we rarely join in the Ludo song as it is a bit overdone now for an ex-player IMO.

We got West Ham C&B army and Chitty Bang Bang Bubbles proper going a few times, its just the Upper, 132 onwards and the tourists in the STBL dont join in and the acoustics are **** with the roof so far away so we very isolated. Can also see 114 havin a party by the away fans but cant hear **** all.

Dont even get me started on the attempted Iceland Thunder clap from the ESU. Im all for a bit of atmosphere but that is just embarrassing plastic crap.
I'm in the East lower and not heard the thundercrap at all, can't really hear much at all from the corners unless more join in.

Although the East Stand rumble when people stamp their feet I do notice, mainly as I'm concerned the cable ties will snap and the relocatable seating will relocate from under us !!!!!!!
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

chitty chitty bubbles is our best chant. when the whole ground can sing that in sync i'll consider it home.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

bobbymooresbracelet wrote:The Miklosko song is a bit **** to be fair

I'll bring it up at the next HSC meeting.