Poll: the final four

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

The new manager - get:

Poll ended at Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Slaven Bilic
50%
Roberto Donadoni
14%
Michael Laudrup
23%
Gianfranco Zola
12%

Total votes : 514

Re: Rushing it

Postby clawhammer on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:14 pm

I don't think this was rushed at all. Curbs going was part of the plan and leaving as the window closed was perfect. The long list and most of the shortlist would have already been in place. To me this is the sign of a little bit of foresight which is most un-West ham like. Compared to the total shambles which resulted in Roeder's appointment this is heaven!
clawhammer

Postby Bobby Orangeboom on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:15 pm

I don't think it's imperative to have a Man in by the WBA Game but the Board seem to & they're the one's that count, not us & what we think..

Me personally, i can't believe they WON'T talk with Bilic & i can't believe Bilic will talk to them before Thursday so we'll see..

Seems a ****ing stupid ultimatum thouhg if we are to believe the Press that the Club are giving Bilic deadlines to speak to them but who knows, i'm sure Bilic's Agent has clarified to Duxbury or whoever, what the crack is..

I just hope if it is Zola, he doesn't bring that Scottish **** from Chelsea that's being rumoured he's going to cos i despise the Man..
Bobby Orangeboom

Postby MK HAMMER on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:15 pm

plus were only believing what we are reading at the moment eh?
MK HAMMER

Location: Believe in me, cos I dont believe in anything and I wanna be someone to believe, to believe in.

Postby scatts on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:16 pm

I think we should appoint a manager sooner rather than later. I don't think anyone can manage a PL club and a national team at the same time. I think if Bilic doesn't want to come according to our time frame then he's not interested enough. 2 mill a year is clearly not enough of an incentive to piss off his countrymen.

Laudrup has already signed up with the Russkies.

Nobody wants Collins.

Donadoni is the only other viable option and for various reasons he's come in second.

Lets get Zola in now, before something unexpected happens and we're stuck with some nobody who happens to be available and cheap.
scatts

Postby Sloop John B on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:18 pm

I agree. It's a cracking 4 man list but I'm a bit worried that we'll end up with a list of 1 name. Zola sounds exciting but it's starting to feel like he's the ONLY option on that 4 man list.

Also...Don't see the problem with a job share for 3 months.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Postby Fionn on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:18 pm

scatts wrote:I think we should appoint a manager sooner rather than later. I don't think anyone can manage a PL club and a national team at the same time. I think if Bilic doesn't want to come according to our time frame then he's not interested enough. 2 mill a year is clearly not enough of an incentive to piss off his countrymen.

Laudrup has already signed up with the Russkies.

Nobody wants Collins.

Donadoni is the only other viable option and for various reasons he's come in second.

Lets get Zola in now, before something unexpected happens and we're stuck with some nobody who happens to be available and cheap.

What's the rush though? Surely it's worth waiting to find the right man for the job rather than rushing proceedings and ergo potentially committing a major mistake.
Fionn

Postby jacko on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 pm

I don't know why anyone thinks they're rushing. They drew up a shortlist, spoke to each candidate and then they make an appointment. How long do you want that process to take?
jacko

Postby WorcesterWHU on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:22 pm

It just makes it seem like it's all part of the plan - a plan outlined a lot earlier in the summer that ultimately trims the squad down, gets rid of a manager and bring in a new one with a new set of ideas.

This has been on the cards for a while, without question...
WorcesterWHU

Postby Claretandblueyank on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:30 pm

I think having Keen in charge for too long would be a problem. Sir Trev is not going to come in again and manage for a few weeks.

Bilic is either going to want to be here or he isn't. We can't sit around and wait for him to change his mind.

I am impressed that West Ham are dilligently looking at a few candidates...how unusual.
Claretandblueyank

Postby Scrambled Egg on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:36 pm

Out of the main 6: Mancini, Bilic, Laudrup, Donadoni, Zola and Collins.

Any of the last 3 would be crap and any of the first 3 would be great.

Typical West Ham that we end up with 2 of the last 3 to choose from. Spurs would have got Mancini no trouble.
Scrambled Egg
Complete tit

Postby Sloop John B on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:41 pm

Scrambled Egg wrote:Out of the main 6: Mancini, Bilic, Laudrup, Donadoni, Zola and Collins.

Any of the last 3 would be crap and any of the first 3 would be great.

Typical West Ham that we end up with 2 of the last 3 to choose from. Sp*rs would have got Mancini no trouble.

Sp*rs identified who they wanted to be manager and went out and got him, it was underhand and loads of people felt Jol was hard done by. Similar situation at West Ham just that instead of getting the main candidate we end up with the 6th choice...well 5th as I wouldn't touch Collins with Millwalls.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Re: Poll: the final four

Postby Big George on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:45 pm

chalks wrote:Personally still think it'll be Bilic and this naming of a 2 man shortlist is our way of letting Bilic know he has to commit immediately. This way we cant be accused of talking to him without permission.

Reckon he'll get tomorrow out of the way and be ours on Thurs.

nice idea, but we're not that clever
Big George

Postby MD_HM on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:51 pm

It so typical of West Ham to end up with the worse candidate out of the 6... well 5th behind Collins....

It would have been better the have Bilic part time until Jan or something..... Appointing the person named Chelsea's greatest all time player if he had loads of experience is one thing appointing the dwarf when he hasn't even managed a proper club or full country is beyond a joke!!!!!!!!!
MD_HM

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:56 pm

MD_HM wrote:It so typical of West Ham to end up with the worse candidate out of the 6... well 5th behind Collins....

It would have been better the have Bilic part time until Jan or something..... Appointing the person named Chelsea's greatest all time player if he had loads of experience is one thing appointing the dwarf when he hasn't even managed a proper club or full country is beyond a joke!!!!!!!!!

You really aren't happy about this in the slightest are you?
Georgee Paris

Postby DeadJoshWalkin on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Big George wrote:
chalks wrote:Personally still think it'll be Bilic and this naming of a 2 man shortlist is our way of letting Bilic know he has to commit immediately. This way we cant be accused of talking to him without permission.

Reckon he'll get tomorrow out of the way and be ours on Thurs.

nice idea, but we're not that clever

:lol: so true
DeadJoshWalkin

Postby MD_HM on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:
MD_HM wrote:It so typical of West Ham to end up with the worse candidate out of the 6... well 5th behind Collins....

You really aren't happy about this in the slightest are you?

:lol:

ill support him come match day if he is appointed and give him chance like anyone just is a bit of an anti climax for me after Curbs leaving..... If we have tried to get Bilic and Mancini and been turned down fair enough but the noises coming from the monkeys representing us dont seem to indicate that. Still think if no announcement by tomorrow night get some money on Bilic.
MD_HM

Postby jam on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:02 pm

I really think Zola could be a revelation for us.
jam

Postby bumpkinhammer on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:59 pm

I have been undecided who is the best man for the job, thought it could be Bilic or Mancini, Zola was way down on the list somewhere between Russell Brand and Marco Boogers. IF he is to be the next manager he HAS to be given 100% support by all, given some time to make an impact and THEN judged.
bumpkinhammer

Postby Big_Russ on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Glad we got him now.....
Big_Russ

Postby JonG86 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 pm

It's funny looking back in the past sometimes :lol:
JonG86

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion