Avram: the poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Avram Grant:

Poll ended at Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 am

Should be fired with immediate effect
62%
Should be given more time
24%
Unsure
13%

Total votes: 453

Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: Avram: the poll

Post by Hayden »

I can't stand all this 'you have 3 games to turn it around' rubbish... If you even think that about a manager then you must realise it's time to get rid of them immediately.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

HammerMan2004 wrote:I wonder how the players will respond to knowing if they don't win any of 3, the boss they may not care for, will be gone....
I just wonder how many of them actually care, full stop!
maidenhammer

Post by maidenhammer »

I'm no fan of fat Sam but come on all those who would rather go down than have him as our next manager when
was the last time we consistantly played free flowing football that you all keep harping on about,( under Redknapp i think).
Let's be honest the spuds are playing the sort of football under Redknapp that we dream about playing because they've
got the players, i think he cut his teeth in the management stakes at our place and made his mistakes and money ( allegedlly).

I'd take fat Sam and his football if it keeps us up cause lets be honest it ain't much different to what we've been watching since
Redknapp was here.There's no gaurentee we'd do a Newcastle and come back up after one season either.

I do worry about the future of OUR club and some of the support!!!

UP THE IRONS!!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

maidenhammer wrote:I'm no fan of fat Sam but come on all those who would rather go down than have him as our next manager when
was the last time we consistantly played free flowing football that you all keep harping on about,( under Redknapp i think).
Let's be honest the spuds are playing the sort of football under Redknapp that we dream about playing because they've
got the players, i think he cut his teeth in the management stakes at our place and made his mistakes and money ( allegedlly).

I'd take fat Sam and his football if it keeps us up cause lets be honest it ain't much different to what we've been watching since
Redknapp was here.There's no gaurentee we'd do a Newcastle and come back up after one season either.

I do worry about the future of OUR club and some of the support!!!

UP THE IRONS!!
Exactly mate. At least lumping it up with Fat Sam will make us less easy to beat, than lumping it up under Avram
m-h

Post by m-h »

Are our owners united ?. Depending on what you read or believe, Avram has one game or four games to save his job. If he gets the four games then the future damage could already be unrepairable and that also means no money to spend in January. Gollivan have got themselves into a right mess over this and the season so far. Imvho i think they themselves have compounded the situation by not making a clear and decisive decision. But then again didn't they say our season starts with the Fulham, think i read that somewhere.
Boxing Day make or break.
Cheers.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

At this stage of this awful season, "3 games" is, quite simply absurd. If we lose the next two, the damage could already be beyond repair.

I fully supported Grant's appointment as manager of WH and thought he'd do a good job.
I got it wrong - and if I can say that, I can't see why the Davids can't.

Lose against Blackburn and I'd sack him, simple as that
The club is more important than any individual :crest:
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Either back him or sack him.

The supposed 3 game ultimatum is a ****ing farce.
Alan P45

Post by Alan P45 »

TLDR warning..

I'm going to buck the trend here somewhat and say it would be a mistake to sack Grant.

My opinion (and that is all it is) is that we have a professionaly petulant team who have grown accustomed to the manager paying for their shameful performances. The only recent exemption is Zola who kissed their backsides so much he was more groupie than manager.

If we sack Grant then we'll reinforce this attitude amongst the team and whichever less able mug suffers from hilarious career advice and actually takes the job will suffer the same fate.

We need to bin a considerable portion of our first team, this is not possible in a short period of time. Whilst doing that we need to work towards one managers ideal, not several managers - that is how we got here.

Anyway, I got the Newcastle job :lol: . F*ck the lot of ya!
rigoberts song
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

What baffles me is they play like world beaters against utd, spuds,(stoke 2nd half) in flashes against Wigan, Sunderland away league cup then look like they arent bothered cant defend or cant fight the rest of the time.
A new manager would hopefuly get that consistancy in hopefully because we havent got the weakest squad in the prem. Avram cant seem to get them fired up every game.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Alan P45 wrote: Anyway, I got the Newcastle job :lol: . F*ck the lot of ya!
Have you still got the red Ferrarri?

Or is it painted black and white now?
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

So if he wins one game out of the next three and loses the other two he's safe?? wheres the logic in that??? absolute f*****g madness! i wonder if there will ever be a time when we are not a laughing stock!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I wouldn't say that we are a laughing stock, but the contrast with Zola's treatment is massive.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

prophet:marginal wrote:I wouldn't say that we are a laughing stock, but the contrast with Zola's treatment is massive.
True .

There's no doubt David Sullivan let himself down badly in his treatment of Zola .The outcome was fair enough, it was all the histionics leading up to it that was undignified .

Sullivans frustration was evident in Zola clearly not being his choice...and he let it show .I wonder if Grant is using the same tactic when he is getting grilled by Brady on the teams perfromance :"well as you know I didn't sign Kovac, Cole, Faubert, etc etc etc" .

I have detected in Sullivans programme notes a far more contrite and humble attitude towards the fans .As many of us pointed out whilst he was throwing his weight around last season , it's easy to criticise a position you have inhereited, but sooner or later you have to be held accountable for what has happened on your watch .

The public humiliation of most of our contracted players was a blunder of epic proportions , that could, unless they dig deep in their pockets in January , see us relegated .Once you put the everything must go sign up it really must go , or you look silly .
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

What happens if we draw all three games ? That is not winning any of them but is not losing any of them either and is the same number of points as winning one and losing two. I wonder if Gollivan have given any consideration to this. If Grant is sacked on the grounds that he didn't deliver what was reqested, he could present an argument that he also didn't fail to deliver either :?
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I have no idea if this 'win one of the next three games or else' is true, but IF true it is one of the most ludicrous ultimatums I have ever heard.

If we win tomorrow is it job done? If we win tomorrow and lose the next two five-nil will that be deemed acceptable? If we lose the next two five-nil but beat Everton is that also ok? What a farce.

I am certainly not a fan of Grant, but after the dissappointing November I decided that he should be given till the Everton game, because no matter what people say, I think giving somebody half a season is enough time when there is no sign of improvement. Let's face it G & S did it will Zola so at least it would be consistent.

But at that time it is back him or sack him, the problems at this club run a lot deeper than Grant, but the permanent question mark hanging over Grant's head cannot be doing anybody any good.
WHURS

Post by WHURS »

I think the message of three games to save his job is more aimed at calling the players out.

if they dont put the required performance in then they know without a shadow of a doubt that the players dont want to play for Grant.

I believe its the performance regardless of the result that will be the defining factor in whether Grant is still in a job come monday morning.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

Puff Daddy wrote:What happens if we draw all three games ? That is not winning any of them but is not losing any of them either and is the same number of points as winning one and losing two. I wonder if Gollivan have given any consideration to this. If Grant is sacked on the grounds that he didn't deliver what was reqested, he could present an argument that he also didn't fail to deliver either :?

i'm sure he has but when you're in the position we are in desperate for points the chairman can hardly come out and say you must draw your next 3 games to keep your job for a start it wouldn't exactly be an ultimatum to motivat you . personaly I think the fact it is pretty clear sullivan is now looking to replace Grant i get the feeling that winning just 1 of our next 3 or 4 games won't be enough to save grant.
otter_of_despair

Post by otter_of_despair »

I’ll be honest and say that I was fairly happy at his appointment in the summer. I felt that he would provide the sort of calming, competent influence we needed at the time; the near massive success at Chelsea and the way he got the Portsmouth players to perform last season backing this up. Unfortunately I now can’t help feeling that we are playing exactly like Portsmouth did last season, looking average and not getting thrashed every week but not really getting the results that are necessary. I don’t think he’s going to make this squad play any better than the sum of their parts so for me, if the terms are right, he needs to go ASAP unless we win on Saturday, one of the next two and perform well in all three matches.
vind

Post by vind »

Remember the source is anonymous, I suspect he has to really win 2 and draw one, put in good performances to convince. let's see, 2 years ago we had that great run starting with Portsmouth away :)
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

chalks wrote:

i dont expect miracles, i expect competency.
And you've been watching us for how many years?