Avram: the poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Avram Grant:

Poll ended at Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 am

Should be fired with immediate effect
62%
Should be given more time
24%
Unsure
13%

Total votes: 453

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: Avram: the poll

Post by Puff Daddy »

Well said that man :thup: Especially like the bit giving him the £4m out of January's transfer kitty to pay him off now. Bang on right, even if we do manage to lure anybody to us in January, he will only blow it on another Winston Reid, or another Pablo Barrera
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

I'm usually against only giving someone 4/5 months to do a job but I feel he needs to go.
What has concerned me more than anything is the lack of fight in so many games we've played this year.
Whatever you say about players not pulling their weight, and we have more than most, it's the managers job to them motivated.
Grant can't do that.
Last edited by BubbleBoy on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

have supported Grant, right up untill Saturday's abysmall surender at Anfield, but my patience is now exhausted - if we are to have any chance of saving ourselves then he has to go now.
northwestbubbles

Post by northwestbubbles »

i voted its time to get rid, his post match interviews sound the same whether we draw or lose ( would love to add win !!!!) he is supposed to have a sense of humour, well this aint F***ing funny but he has turned the club i support into a bigger joke than what it was last season and that took some doing ! Go now please....just go
Bishops Finger

Post by Bishops Finger »

If our shambles of a team go a goal down against Wigan on saturday I can see things getting very ugly!

Any chanting or criticism against Gold or Sullivan and Grant will be on his bike - the only problem is what dopy sod can they get in to replace him?
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I'm unsure. Football is a results game and his West Ham haven't been earning enough of them - but he's also got a very difficult job to do. You've got little money to spend and a squad who struggled last season. I often believed Steve Clarke's coaching was a positive influence. He's one of the best Assistant's in the business.

3 more matches at least.
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Never before, since we started this here website some 13 years ago, has a single poll of this nature gone against the manager. Those who shout loudest rarely represent the majority GH...
They might be the majority this time it seems, unless Lyndon B. Johnson is running the election.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

I voted unsure (so I can claim I was leaning to whichever way it goes after the fact :lol: ).

I don't agree with giving managers such a short time.
I went to the Spurs game and we played well.
There has been some evidence of good football and some costly reffing decisions.

That said our goal tally speaks volumes - at times it feels like a win when we haven't conceded 3 goals in a match.

The little money we had in the summer has been spent unconvincingly - Reid is a largely unknown quantity to me who hasn't seemed up to scratch, Berrera looks quick and good at times and useless at other.
We needed a goal scorer, Obina whilst hard working isn't showing himself to be that: 36 shots to 0 goals is ****ing awful.
That said Piq and the Dane have been quality, especially considering they cost a quarter of two players who can't get in the starting line up.

Our tactics at time have been baffling.
We take the lead and we sit deeper and deeper.
We go to a 'fortress' (well against us anyway) and play 4-3-3 with a second string midfield.

We lose leads.
We fold when we go behind (unless we are in the Worthless Cup).

I had genuine hopes that Grant could instill the unity that he did at Portsmouth and lift us to top of the bottom half safety this season and build, but apart from Parker the players look as uncomfortable and as clueless as they did under Zola, only not as happy.

Maybe the change of backroom staff will lift the players and Grant's tactics might work.

That said we have too many passengers who we need shot of and in my eyes one of the chief contributors to this is our ****ing Captain.

Get the new coaches in, give Parker the armband and give Grant til January.

I fear for the rest of the season if Wigan is a must win game for us - I just can't see any b*llocks on the majority of this team.

This rate I have more hopes of Exeter getting promoted to the Championship so I can walk to go see West Ham and get blind drunk.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

the pink palermo wrote: 14 games .
14 bloody games .
Bored in my lunch break so I put on my Statto pyjamas and thought it would be interesting to see how Curbs did in his first 14.

CURBISHLEYS FIRST 14 PREM GAMES

1. W
2. D
3. L
4. L
5. L
6. D
7. D
8. L
9. L
10. L
11. L
12. L
13. W*
14. W

CURBS
P 14 - W 3 - D 3 - L 8 - PTS 12

compared to Grant:

GRANT
P 14 - W1 - D6 - L7 - PTS 9

* The W in red was the Ewood Park blind ref and linesman game where we were lucky to get a point, let alone 3 but you could argue that was the bit of luck we needed to kick start things a bit that season but funny how Curbs' start was just as bad as Grant's but a few people on here would take him back.

Wigan is our Blackburn game IMO and no I am not Gold or Sullivan so keep your hands off that fiver!
Last edited by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

Denbighammer wrote:
Parker and.....and....
Green, Upson, Noble, Cole, Obinna, Pic for starters
smfc

Post by smfc »

Has to go, and I never really wanted him here in the first place. Sooner the better before it is too late. We don't need superstar signings in the January window but what we do need are players that can come straight in to the team and replace some of the dross we have now. Players like Reid and Barrera - who we will no doubt lose a lot of money on - were not the answer for West Ham then and they aren't the answer for us now.
daniel

Post by daniel »

We're a bit of a laughing stock in the Israeli press at the moment, with a lot of articles notching Petrovic's ousting as another one of Avram's masterstrokes. They say he's done it again, made another board think he's not to blame for his team's woes. They are, sadly, correct.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

I dont want us to go down the same path as we did with Roeder. Tradition doesnt keep you in the Premiership.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

edit
Benfleet Pete

Post by Benfleet Pete »

I voted for him to stay (for the time being).

Now if there was a poll to sack the players.........!!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

btajim - mcfc wrote:I'm unsure. Football is a results game and his West Ham haven't been earning enough of them - but he's also got a very difficult job to do. You've got little money to spend and a squad who struggled last season. I often believed Steve Clarke's coaching was a positive influence. He's one of the best Assistant's in the business.

3 more matches at least.
By which time, it could well be one win in 17 matches, with just 21 more to play and that would include matches to come at Chelsea, Everton, Bolton, Newcastle, Your lot and Tottenham and home fixtures with Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Aston Villa. We may as well kiss all chance of any points against that lot now, which leaves just a handful of games and the prospect of us becoming the worst team ever to be relegated from the Premiership with a record low points tally. He was a disgraceful appointment in the first place and I think I might have been the very person on this forum to voice my disaproval of his appointment. I failed to see any merit in it at all, but our board were hoodwinked by his getting a skint Pompey to an FA Cup Final and his apparent miracle working on a budget of nothing, but in essence there was no miracle working, 5 wins all season for Pompey say everything about this man and nothing about our two esteemious chairmen, who mascarade as businessmen and football guru's. His appointment was a truly shocking decision with very little thought given to it and it says everything about it that our fans could have a better appointment than they did
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Has a West Ham manager ever performed so poorly in a poll of this nature?
Lancaster Hammer
Location: The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an on-coming train

Post by Lancaster Hammer »

I agree he hasn't been given long and it would be unfair to sack him. However, sometimes you just need to do something to change a downward trajectory. It isn't fair to sack him but it is the only option I can see that has any chance of pulling us out of this nose dive.
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

has to go, players just look lost and look to have no respect for him.
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

If I responded to this walking out of Anfield, I would have definitely said get rid immediately but having thought about it, I really dont see a successful alternative. Yes Liverpool was shocking beyond words, but that is the worst we have played all season and it is fresh in everyones head.

A win against Wigan and scraping through against Man united could change the whole atmosphere around the place and it is really not beyond the realms of possibility.