Avram: the poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Avram Grant:

Poll ended at Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 am

Should be fired with immediate effect
62%
Should be given more time
24%
Unsure
13%

Total votes: 453

otter_of_despair

Re: Avram: the poll

Post by otter_of_despair »

If there are no get out early clauses in Avram's contract then I would feel slightly nauseated that the useless turd got a penny out of us without having to face the fans every week. I wouldn't think twice if (as rumoured) we are able to cut loose at xmas without any penalty.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

chalks wrote: He spent 8million on 2 players that arent good enough for the Premier League, and you want him to be given more money?
Come on Chalks, we spent £6m alone and Faubert, and he's not good enough for the Championship. If we're going to start sacking people everytime we spend £4m on them and they turn out ****, we're going to run out of business cards.

It's an arguable point, but one that always needs making, that regardless of Grant's performance in the league this year (which is appalling) if a new man were to come in. They would have a better squad than the one that Grant inherited from Zola.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

inside information!!! there is no way grant is gonna go this side of christmas.why? because he,s already been kitted out with his "father christmas out fit".wait and see we,ll be still in the pack come new year and i think seriously that 2011 will see us pull out of this mess " JUST"! WE ARE NOT DOWN YET BY A LONG WAY LETS ALL TRY AND KEEP THE FAITH." remember we are west ham no matter what, prem,championship. " come on you irons" THE ONLY WAY IS UP" :raver:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

sutts07 wrote:Out of interest...

Would you take Jol and no new players in the window IF that was the case in hand? Or would you rather see two or three new faces but have to put up with Grant??
That's a good question.

Three new faces - who aren't LC cup-tied and I can accept Grant can stay until the end of the season.

We need two fullbacks and a midfield allrounder, since you asked.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

prophet:marginal wrote:We need two fullbacks and a midfield allrounder, since you asked.
What is wrong with Jacobson??
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

prophet:marginal wrote:We need two fullbacks and a midfield allrounder, since you asked.
and a striker...

..and back up goalie...new center half...left midfield...new manager...attacking coach... :D
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

In fact what is wrong with our midfield all rounders come to think of it too... come the new year we 'hope' to have Noble Behrami Collison and Hitzlesburger all fit... and if we hold on to Parker that position is the least of our worries.

I would say a center forward and center back are our priority's... if we can get rid of Upson and Cole for two players who want it a bit more that would do me.

Ilunga is not having a good season but brining in a left back is not going to turn our season round IMO
Last edited by sutts07 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sutts07 wrote:What is wrong with Jacobson??
(a) injured
(b) ineligible for LC.

...and I'm not keen on sitting around waiting for one of the long-term injured to get match fit.
Last edited by prophet:marginal on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orange Hammer

Post by Orange Hammer »

Get him out.

Poor football, very poor results and he thinks we buy his crap excuses. 15 games and we will be fine, we are improving every game, it's looking good for the long term etc etc
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Post by Sloop John B »

sutts07 wrote: In fact what is wrong with our midfield all rounders come to think of it too... come the new year we 'hope' to have Noble Behrami Collison and Hitzlesburger all fit... and if we hold on to Parker that position is the least of our worries.
We should really be writing off Hitz and Collison off for this season if they play it would be a bonus...last thing we need is to rush them back. Behrami and Parker very probably offski...so we need a few names on the Radar.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Not sure signing a right back in the hope we win the League Cup is too sensible really, but I see your point.
I don't think we should assume Valon and Scotty are 'offski' either really... all a bit doom and gloom for me.

Anyway... getting back on track... Grant out for me too please! even if it means no one comes in!
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

sutts07 wrote:In fact what is wrong with our midfield all rounders come to think of it too... come the new year we 'hope' to have Noble Behrami Collison and Hitzlesburger all fit... and if we hold on to Parker that position is the least of our worries.
We definitely need two new full-backs. We've looked in disarray since Jacobsen got injured and whilst Ilunga has forgotten how to play football we do need a left-back.

I agree about the midfield all-rounder, but specifically a left-sided midfielder. None of us know how Collison is going to look when he gets back, and although Stanislas, LBM and Behrahmi have done reasonable jobs on the left, we really need someone who will make that position their own. Krankjaer has been talked about, as has Joe Allen as Swansea. I'd love the Dave's to put their money where their mouth is and go and get N'Zogbia, but I think that's a little like me hoping for a new house for Christmas.

I would add to Prophet's suggestion that we need a striker as well. Hines, Obinna, Cole and Piquionne aren't the worst we could have. But if you look at the teams that have staved off relegation recently, they have done so by bringing in goals. Earnshaw with West Brom, Stoke with Beattie, Tevez with West Ham etc

I'm not sure who we'll end up with. Robbie Keane may well have one more big 6 months in him (though again, likely out of our league). Either way, I do think we need to look at both ends of the pitch!

sutts07 wrote:Not sure signing a right back in the hope we win the League Cup is too sensible really, but I see your point.
I watched the match last evening. Arshavin and Nasri took turns down the left.

These are likely starters in the LC Final, lined up against Faubert...

It would be carnage.
beckton

Post by beckton »

sutts07 wrote: Ilunga is not having a good season but brining in a left back is not going to turn our season round IMO

I think it would make a massive difference, Ilunga's lack of form as well as injuries has meant the defence has been constantly chopped and changed.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Post by Sloop John B »

Turns to Stone wrote:I agree about the midfield all-rounder, but specifically a left-sided midfielder.
Would like to see us in for Matt Taylor again. £2m was the rumour in summer, that'd be a snip as LBM's long term replacement.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Would like to see us in for Matt Taylor again. £2m was the rumour in summer, that'd be a snip as LBM's long term replacement.[/quote]

Matt Taylor or Matt Cardle...either would be better than that tosser.
Zola4ever

lmao

Post by Zola4ever »

just seen this on talk sport

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/defaul ... ersion.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Granted, Hughton left Newcastle mid-table but quite frankly frankly he was lucky that Ashley allowed him the luxury of keeping the relegated squad intact for last season's promotion push.

So he had men like Carroll, Guttierez, Enrique, Nolan and Barton to call upon...all premiership quality and better players than we will no doubt be left with if we go down.

Gold and Sullivan have got so many big decisions wrong in the past 12 months....I think we can expect another with Grant's replacement. They really can't be trusted.
I think you mean, "Ashley couldn't sell any of them as no-one could match their wages."
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

sutts07 wrote:Out of interest...
Would you take Jol and no new players in the window IF that was the case in hand? Or would you rather see two or three new faces but have to put up with Grant??
prophet:marginal wrote:That's a good question.
Three new faces - who aren't LC cup-tied and I can accept Grant can stay until the end of the season.
We need two fullbacks and a midfield allrounder, since you asked.
What could Jol do with the players we have? Based on his results with Tottenham, HSV and Ajax, he's more experienced than Grant, but still, he's no magician. Tbh, I'd rather we have a few players in, on sensible deals, than a new manager. If we can reach the LC final and avoid relegation, we've had an ok season, and can continue the rebuilding of the team.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

I think we are short at left back and still need a decent forward.

I would prefer we spent money in these areas.