Avram: the poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Avram Grant:

Poll ended at Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 am

Should be fired with immediate effect
62%
Should be given more time
24%
Unsure
13%

Total votes: 453

BeastieBoy

Re: Avram: the poll

Post by BeastieBoy »

Due to be the coldest winter for nearly 50 years. Everton and Wolves games get postponed due to icy conditions around The Boleyn. Our next three games in bold.

Saturday, 18 December 2010 - Barclays Premier League - Blackburn v West Ham, 15:00
Sunday, 26 December 2010 - Barclays Premier League - Fulham v West Ham, 12:00
Tuesday, 28 December 2010 - Barclays Premier League - West Ham v Everton, 17:30
Saturday, 1 January 2011 - Barclays Premier League - West Ham v Wolverhampton, 15:00
Wednesday, 5 January 2011 - Barclays Premier League - Newcastle v West Ham, 19:45

He's ****ed if that happens. He needs to win away, starting with Saturday.

But actually, looking at those fixtures I'm optimistic we will win all of them 4-0 if we get thermals and snoods for all our players.

Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Re: Grant given ultimatum

Post by Larry »

Yea Why Not wrote:If we don't win any of them it will be too late any way
think it's already to late but if we fail to win any games over christmas and other results go against us we could be at least 10pts adrfift if that happens then there really is very little point in sacking grant - if Grant, has been given an Ultimatum then it should be minimum 7pts from the next 4 games or your gone.
miketheloop

Post by miketheloop »

Is Grant even that bothered tho?
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

[quote="BeastieBoy"]Due to be the coldest winter for nearly 50 years. Everton and Wolves games get postponed due to icy conditions around The Boleyn. Our next three games in bold.

Saturday, 18 December 2010 - Barclays Premier League - Blackburn v West Ham, 15:00
Sunday, 26 December 2010 - Barclays Premier League - Fulham v West Ham, 12:00
Tuesday, 28 December 2010 - Barclays Premier League - West Ham v Everton, 17:30
Saturday, 1 January 2011 - Barclays Premier League - West Ham v Wolverhampton, 15:00
Wednesday, 5 January 2011 - Barclays Premier League - Newcastle v West Ham, 19:45

He's f***ed if that happens. He needs to win away, starting with Saturday.

But actually, looking at those fixtures I'm optimistic we will win all of them 4-0 if we get thermals and snoods for all our players.

Looking at the next five games, i'm optimistic of 10 points from them with us losing to the barcodes and drawing at Fulham, there again, I said we would finish 12th this season back in August, WTF do I know!
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Avram Grant went to a Champions League final
Franco Zola has two more points last year with a worse off squad
Ergo Zola was a Champions League manager we should never have been rid of
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

I didn't want to start another thread and I haven't seen anything about this yet, so I'll ask. Who the hell is doing the club's PR? Why do you come out with a daft statement saying that the manager has to win at least 1 in 3 to stay up? I agree with the sentiment and I personally think he should have been gone after Liverpool, but why do you tell the world that? Then, on top of that, why do you also say that the board is aware that Avram inherited a "Championship-rate" squad?

If they are a Championship-rate squad it might be because you numpties at the club spent gobs of money on Benni McCarthy, Mido, and resigned Luis Boa Morte after you slated him in public. It might be because you talked all this talk about signing RVN and David Beckham and instead brought in Tal Ben Haim. Yes, some moves were good, but why on earth would you slate the team like that? If I was in the classroom and my boss came in and told my students that I was a community college level instructor or some such, I don't believe I would react very well. The team is in the throes of some sort of depression. The club has said that the team is shell-shocked after last year's relegation scrap so what do you do? You come out and say they aren't good enough.

I don't get it.
theflafson

Post by theflafson »

Gator_Hammer wrote:I didn't want to start another thread and I haven't seen anything about this yet, so I'll ask. Who the hell is doing the club's PR? Why do you come out with a daft statement saying that the manager has to win at least 1 in 3 to stay up? I agree with the sentiment and I personally think he should have been gone after Liverpool, but why do you tell the world that? Then, on top of that, why do you also say that the board is aware that Avram inherited a "Championship-rate" squad?

If they are a Championship-rate squad it might be because you numpties at the club spent gobs of money on Benni McCarthy, Mido, and resigned Luis Boa Morte after you slated him in public. It might be because you talked all this talk about signing RVN and David Beckham and instead brought in Tal Ben Haim. Yes, some moves were good, but why on earth would you slate the team like that? If I was in the classroom and my boss came in and told my students that I was a community college level instructor or some such, I don't believe I would react very well. The team is in the throes of some sort of depression. The club has said that the team is shell-shocked after last year's relegation scrap so what do you do? You come out and say they aren't good enough.

I don't get it.
:thup:

Doesn't mean that everything in the news come from the club though, but then again, you never know.
Claret & Bordeaux

Post by Claret & Bordeaux »

The reason the club are leaking this is that they want Grant to walk due to the pressure heaped on him, meaning the club dont pay him off and therefore can invest in Jan with Fat Sam... simple really!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Gator_Hammer wrote:I didn't want to start another thread and I haven't seen anything about this yet, so I'll ask. Who the hell is doing the club's PR? Why do you come out with a daft statement saying that the manager has to win at least 1 in 3 to stay up? I agree with the sentiment and I personally think he should have been gone after Liverpool, but why do you tell the world that? Then, on top of that, why do you also say that the board is aware that Avram inherited a "Championship-rate" squad?
The problem is the unattibuted quotes - a "source" . Is that Mavis the tea lady or Danny the odd job man ?

They may be true comments or they may be made up .We don't know .It could just be a jounalist making stuff up to encourage the club to issue a denial , at which point the story becomes "Grant stays even if next 3 lost" .

It could even be a mate of Sam Allerdyce trying to force an issue to get him his next job - we simply don't know.

What we do know is a win on Saturday will help his cause , and a defeat will not help him .So nothings changed .

Win and he stays .Thats all he and we need to grasp .
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

Claret & Bordeaux wrote:The reason the club are leaking this is that they want Grant to walk due to the pressure heaped on him, meaning the club dont pay him off and therefore can invest in Jan with Fat Sam... simple really!
I agree with that, but it doesn't mean you call the squad Championship-rate.
miketheloop

Post by miketheloop »

championship rate squad?

Doesnt seem to be doing Blackpool or West Brom any harm!
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

3 games is a joke, that may be too late (it already is actually).

Get him to f*ck.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

The title of this thread is looking more and more like it should be "Avram the pill".
He's not going to walk. He knows no-one would hire him. No he will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming.
Why prolong the inevitable....pull the plug now and put all of us out of our misery. He's not a football coach plain and simple.
theflafson

Post by theflafson »

This is his 3rd premier league team. How can you say none will hire him?
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

theflafson wrote:This is his 3rd premier league team. How can you say none will hire him?
He didn't do anything for 2 of those and basially a monkey could have done the job he did with Chelsea.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

I'd like the new manager to be The Fairy Godmother who can wave a magic wand and perform the miracles Grant has been unable to do. She would turn novice players into overnight world class superstars, we would win every game, and no one would have anything to moan about and we would all live happily ever after in a claret and blue Utopia.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

speculator wrote:I'd like the new manager to be The Fairy Godmother who can wave a magic wand and perform the miracles Grant has been unable to do. .

i dont expect miracles, i expect competency.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I wonder how the players will respond to knowing if they don't win any of 3, the boss they may not care for, will be gone....
Pers

Post by Pers »

Three more games is too long. He should of gone long before as he has had more than enough chances to turn things around.

It's xmas next week and our arses are firmly rooted to the bottom of the table :( They need to grow some balls and sack him now.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

Strange how Brady said we were going to finish in the top 9, but now "a source within the club" reckons Grant inherited a Championship team, and they've given him an overly generous target of just one win in three games. We need at least 2 wins to have a chance of getting out of the bottom three for the New Year and even that may not be enough.

It's time the board owned up to the fact that they picked the wrong man for the job. As much as I don't particularly like Fat Sam and the football his teams play I am absolutely certain we wouldn't be in the bottom three now if he was the manager and we would have a team with more backbone.Let's face it, most of the football we've played in the last few years has been crap with the odd exception here and there anyway.