The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: the New kits thread

Post by Jackanakanory »

If the union flag is a nod to Thames Ironworks, they should have complimented it by making the grid coordinates in the label where the Thames Ironworks was located? Or where the Warrior is located as the badge is supposed to be the hull shape :-)
LondonTom
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by LondonTom »

I quite like it actually! Shame the writing under the badge doesn't look as good as the The Boleyn gold on last season's but they can't win everything.

The Union Jack seems a little pointless/needless but I think it actually looks quite smart on the shirt. The badge also looks much better I thought it would and almost everything else we have seen it on so far.

Solid effort, let down with some small touches.
wakephan09

Post by wakephan09 »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Don't really like the Union Jack on it, can't remember seeing too many club sides with their nations flag on it. Still better than some previous though imo
Every team in every sport in the states seems to have an American flag on their shirts.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Is the Union Jack in claret and white, on the shirt to complement the claret and white Union Jack seating design at the stadium, or have they done away with that?

Or am I still pissed and imagining the whole thing.. :eh:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

I like it .... there is a lot of simplicity about it that makes it better in my book - no funny jaquards (?) like the awful stripe down the front of L'arse's and simple claret and blue (and white) with no vomit-like shades of them. Betway logo is simple and unfussy unlike something like Everton's 'Chang' and our crest is a great throwback to the big crossed Hammers on the shirts from aback in the 50s/60s - don't like the word London on it but can sort that out with some tippex.

Also realised that we will continue another club tradition of confusing others with where we play - instead of the Boleyn Ground/ Upton Park mix-ups it will be a 'JoyGel' (*) Stadium/Olympic Park kerfuffle.

* Absolutely no ITK there, just sounded funny and there are other types of gel available .... probably.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

A nice shirt......I doubt I'll ever warm to that badge though. :cry:
Rowly
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Rowly »

Really struggling to see why so many people are getting hung up by the new badge. Looking at http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/West_Ha ... United.htm by my reckoning since 1900 we'Ve had 62 years with no badge on the shirts, 17 years with a hammers only badge and 39 with one of about 10 variations of a hammers / castle badge. I've been supporting this club since 1975 and don't recall people getting upset by badge changes before so why this time?
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Rowly wrote:I've been supporting this club since 1975 and don't recall people getting upset by badge changes before so why this time?
The Internet
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Really like the new shirt. It's more of a West Ham shirt than a lot of others we've had.

Still bemused by the anger towards the badge. It's 2 crossed hammers ffs. It's what our badge has contained since the start. It's been solely what our badge has been for the majority of that time.

I don't know if anyone's seen this, but AC/DC's merchandise for their gig at our new ground next week contains this

http://eurostore.acdc.com/proddetail.ph ... _ACDC_0249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

its claret and blue so thumbs up from me :thup:
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Rio wrote:
I don't know if anyone's seen this, but AC/DC's merchandise for their gig at our new ground next week contains this

http://eurostore.acdc.com/proddetail.ph ... _ACDC_0249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So that proves it......... Ashley Young is coming to the club this summer.... :D

FWIW the new shirt is OK but it is spoilt by all the additional geographic references... It looks like a school marketing project.....
Ironlung

Post by Ironlung »

Whats the problem with the shirt this time , some writing under the badge are you kidding me , and the union flag design on the sleeve , jeese half the people complaining probably don,t even buy shirts , the shirt is fine
and we,ve had some poor ones in the past , besides you can,t please everyone..... :kumb:
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

A. Young?

Number 16?

:lol:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

belgohammer wrote:A. Young?

Number 16?

:lol:
Better than A Rose
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by EastEndIRON »

Any idea when the home kit will be officially revealed? I imagine the promos for marketing will have already been completed

Always so secretive!
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

I wonder what would have happened on these boards if the Internet was around when we were standing waiting for our last game of our promotion season eagerly awaiting the promised reveal of our new kit.

Just before kickoff with the anticipation building they revealed this:

Since that day, any kit has been a relief.
Rowly
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Rowly »

Sweeney Bod wrote:I wonder what would have happened on these boards if the Internet was around when we were standing waiting for our last game of our promotion season eagerly awaiting the promised reveal of our new kit.

Just before kickoff with the anticipation building they revealed this:

Since that day, any kit has been a relief.
Without shadow of a doubt the worst abomination of a kit ever. Hated it.
MrTwoIrons

Post by MrTwoIrons »

MrTwoIrons wrote:In case anyone missed it, apparently some t**t in Norway decided to start selling early, no idea why he wouldn't take a full photo.
ironsonthebrain wrote:See the white is what puts me off! Never been keen on it on the home shirt.
I never minded white on the home kit, as long as it blended in of course. The only time I couldn't stand the White was the Addidas kit from 2014, that clashed really badly with the collar and the stripes.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Rowly wrote:
Without shadow of a doubt the worst abomination of a kit ever. Hated it.
Nope. I can beat that easily:

mboogers
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by mboogers »

WestHamIFC wrote:
Nope. I can beat that easily:

Ah my first ever WHUFC kit, purchased from the portakabin club shop of course.

I still have it and have worn it once or twice over the years. It's amazing how tight the collar is and how ridiculously baggy the sleeves are. Totally impractical for playing football.