Carlton Cole

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Keep or Sell Carlton Cole?

Postby dimagician10 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:46 pm

No brainer, keep if we can. For all those who knock him he is the best we have at holding the ball up; he's a handful on his day; he has fair pace and who would we replace him with?

I won't even talk about if we go down as we're staying up.
dimagician10

Location: Newby muppet with a taste for dictionaries over train timetables

Postby ParisTheHammer on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:06 pm

A MUST keep!
ParisTheHammer

Postby Rio on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Sell.

Frustrating powderpuff girl of a footballer. Could score a lot in the Championship but more likely to be muscled out of games.

Then again I'd sell virtually everyone. I don't care for the majority of our players and those I do are wasting their careers here and deserve better.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby Essex 'Ammer12 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 pm

stubbsy07 wrote:I'd sell him whatever division we are in next season. Just my opinion - before everyone slags me off.

Keane and Obinna are better, although they are very different types of centre forward to Cole.

However Piq and Ba are pretty much the same type of forward as Cole and they are also better - in my opinion.

Sell.

All three are different types of forwards.
Essex 'Ammer12

Postby Matt of iron on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Keep, one of the few who seems to care.
Matt of iron

Postby steptoe61 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Cole or buy another striker that can find the net tough one that. :think:
steptoe61

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Av it wrote:Keep either way. We couldn't afford much better. Despite what a lot of people say, he is a proven Premier League forward.

Definately. :thup:
westham,eggyandchips

Location: Playing drums for the worlds greatest air guitar band.

Postby wayneo1974 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Keep, decent enough prem striker, would be excellent in the championship. I would sell if we get a bit of at least £7m in. As a fairly regular England squad member we should get that money off someone like Stoke or Birmingham.
wayneo1974

Postby carlokilkennie on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:38 pm

keep im ere. :thup:
carlokilkennie

Postby hammer on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Rio wrote:I'd sell virtually everyone. I don't care for the majority of our players and those I do are wasting their careers here and deserve better.
same here :thup:
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Postby bobcar on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:28 pm

stubbsy07 wrote:I'd sell him whatever division we are in next season. Just my opinion - before everyone slags me off.

Keane and Obinna are better, although they are very different types of centre forward to Cole.

However Piq and Ba are pretty much the same type of forward as Cole and they are also better - in my opinion.

Sell.

Obinna has been a complete waste of space and is the most selfish player I've ever seen, we are a much better team without him - I'm astonished anyone would rather keep him than Cole. Cole has done way more for us than Keane is ever likely to do.

Piq is good but is not getting any younger whereas Cole whilst not young is the right age of 30 and can still improve a bit.

They'll all be off if we go down though (maybe not Piq) with Cole and Ba being the most in demand.
bobcar

Postby stubbsy07 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:29 pm

SELL
stubbsy07

Postby PA_Hammer on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:46 pm

It's a no-brainer to keep Carlton if we go down. I'd keep him even if we stay up.

If we want to only spend 1 season in the championship then we should keep carlton.
PA_Hammer

Postby hammer1975 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:14 pm

i have to agree with the post that he'll be part of the exodus;
cole, obinna, keane, piq and ba will be off
as well as hitz, parker, green, da costa, bridge then spector, dyer, upson, hines and gabbs walking away from the club at the end of their contract finally us trying to offload kovac, faubert, ilunga..perhaps barrera to fund keeping tomkins, noble and collison

of that lot I'd love to keep Parker, Ba, Cole, Green in that order

massive, massive rebuild - 15-20 players needed....tonnes of wages scum circling..no doubt other clubs will play games to get cheap prices leaving it until the end of the window for us to bring players in - another shitty transfer window

happy times....sigh
hammer1975

Postby MrMum on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Keep regardless. :crest:
MrMum

Postby Aceface on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Depends on the money being offered. Unless we got a really good offer (say, £7 million+) I'd keep him
Aceface

Postby D C on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Sell either way. If we go down we could probably get £7m+ for him. If we somehow stay up then we will have to buy Keane and have Ba who are far better than him.

One of the most frustrating players aswell. Sometimes he stands his ground when a beast like Skrtl is trying to wrestle him to the ground and sometimes he just falls over at minimal contact and doesnt even get a free kick. Then there are the scuffed shots and bad lay offs...
D C

Postby hawkins_hammer on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 pm

If we stay up keep him but if we go down sell him as he is our only striker with any value.
hawkins_hammer

Postby e17 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Bet him & Parker end up at Spurs
e17

Postby D C on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Rio wrote:Sell.

Frustrating powderpuff girl of a footballer. Could score a lot in the Championship but more likely to be muscled out of games.

Then again I'd sell virtually everyone. I don't care for the majority of our players and those I do are wasting their careers here and deserve better.

I didnt even read this before I posted and again couldnt agree more. Parker is the only player that i'd miss altough wouldnt begrudge him a move. (even to Spurs)
D C

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion