XIV: Sam Allardyce [POLL]

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you endorse the board's decision to appoint Sam Allardyce as West Ham United's new manager?

Yes
82%
No
10%
Undecided
8%

Total votes: 898

Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Re: XIV: Sam Allardyce [POLL]

Post by Denbighammer »

Denbighammer wrote:

Yes, it helps us all understand that you are a pillock.
Browndog wrote: Well done genius, you sit there with your blinkers on and ignore everything that Allardyce brings with him, enjoy...

Not going to give him a chance then? I suppose you'll be one of those itching to start pointing and wailing as soon as a ball is kicked above headheight?
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Hockley Hammer wrote:If you have supported this club for a long time then you have a romantic vision of a time of free flowing football, but the cold reality is for every top ten finish there is a relegation battle round the corner. My mate has been a season ticket holder for six seasons - there have been three top ten finishes and three relegation battles in those seasons, three owners and now five managers.

To him the golden days are long gone.He is fed up with watching us lose to mediocre teams who come to Upton Park with a plan and stroll home with the points after another inept performance.

The last two season have been absolutely dreadful and If I can start going to games next season not expecting to lose it will be nice to have that feeling again.
****, it shows how far things have fallen, when posters can't admit to having a season ticket anymore: "my friend"... man up, it's your ticket isnt it.
Browndog

Post by Browndog »

I've said it all earlier in the thread mate, not got an issue with the football he plays - I think the long ball thing is exaggerated but it isn't completely wrong either...

He's another Redknapp (good mates by all accounts, unsurprisingly) and we all saw how he ruined the place...

Allegations of bung taking, rumours abound about him and a previous chairmans wife, another rentaquote for the press and he's slagged off Sir Trev. That's just off the top of my head as to why I don't want him here. As I also said he's a good manager, I'd still have preferred it if we'd gotten someone else...
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Browndog wrote:Allegations of bung taking, rumours abound about him and a previous chairmans wife, another rentaquote for the press and he's slagged off Sir Trev.
every manager round long enough has a rumour of money from transfers, by the way how are you so righteous, are you religious ?

every succesful man around long enough will have a rumour of an affiar !

If memory serves he thought Trevor should stand up for himself a bit more, kinda agree myself with that point of view !

anything else that might actualy count as a real bother ?
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

This is what browndog is talking about, i believe:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/art ... rooking.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^

What a couple of really good signings and he's panned before we even kick a ball ??

:shock:
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:This is what browndog is talking about, i believe:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/art ... rooking.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep outrageous of him to complain that he got a job without the proper qualifications, he has got em hasn't he ?
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

wait.

dunno.
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

George Graham,
Harry 'fingers' Redknapp
Brian Clough
Sam Allardyce
Terry Venables

A list of managers that i can think of off the top of my head, who have been scrutinised for alleged bungs. Tell me with a straight face that this isnt the tip of a massive iceberg that runs through football affecting players, managers, agents and chairman

I'm sure there's more,

I'm ****ing sure Avram was taking an incentive from Millwall. Would explain a lot.

Put this to bed now. Get behind Sam, get behind your club ( if it is still your club ) This is 2011 not 1971
Footballs changed, we change or we die out.

He'll get my backing, because he's the manager of the club i support, and that club hasnt always played the kind of football that people with C&B tinted glasses seem to remember
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

it cant be worse than the s*** served up for the last couple of seasons ffs, the only difference will be we might win a few
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

upton o'good wrote: sh*t, it shows how far things have fallen, when posters can't admit to having a season ticket anymore: "my friend"... man up, it's your ticket isnt it.
Mate i've been a season ticket holder for thirteen seasons - I persuaded my mate to get a season ticket when we got back in the PL after taking him to a few games the previous year.

I am just glad he is still talking to me :D
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Don't really know where to put this but it's ended up here...

Quite a long piece with Grandad Dave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/ ... ullin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryan_Iron

Post by Ryan_Iron »

I'm glad we've finally got a manager who the players won't look forward to getting in the changing rooms with at half time if we're playing shocking or losing. I can just imagine Zola & Avram saying to team; "I'm not angry... I'm just disappointed" and feeling sorry for themselves. Hopefully BFS will put a rocket up their ar5e and stirke the fear of god into them if they show the kind of commitment we saw last year.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Right its the 20th he has officially started so where is the ****ing press conference :lol:
geowhu

Post by geowhu »

Yes from Me , Im just glad we have what i call a " Proper Manager " at last , whether you like him or not , he has the Experience we need , Players have had it far too easy last few years with Weak Managers , Allardyce wont stand for any b*llocks , Hopefully he will Organise the Playing side of things much better and we should see the difference on the Pitch
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1192 likes

Post by ironilunga »

I was not in favour of him coming here. I have no real foundation for this other than the fact that I found it rather uninspiring. On reflection what WHU need more than ever is a safe pair of hands and somebody who knows what he is doing. Sam fits the bill and has my support.
One Liner

Post by One Liner »

I voted no because there's one thing I'm positive about, and that is being negative.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Know it was mentioned yesterday but a reminder BFS press conference apparently at 2pm today. (weds). Maybe the beautiful people at SKY will show it.

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/f ... n_1_928681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

prince_huggy wrote:I'm filled with confidence for the new season. I feel this way at the beginning of all seasons :(
I really laughed at that but only because it's so true. I think most of us, if not all of us, are the same aren't we?
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Browndog wrote: and he's slagged off Sir Trev. ...
He didn't " slag off " Sir trev at all, he merely pointed out the fact that he & other Managers though he was unqualified to take on the role that he did, because of certain Licences that Sir Trev didn't have, & hasn't got..