XIV: Sam Allardyce [POLL]

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you endorse the board's decision to appoint Sam Allardyce as West Ham United's new manager?

Yes
82%
No
10%
Undecided
8%

Total votes: 898

AntonOtulakowski

Re: XIV: Sam Allardyce [POLL]

Post by AntonOtulakowski »

Anyone know if there's any sign of a BFS press conference?
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

I believe the press conference is at 2.

I am in a meeting from 13:10 so have no hope of catching it - not happy... but hopefully there'll be some footage on the site etc.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

woop woop at last, very interested to see what he will say and hoping he also confirms collison on a new deal, sky sports news will prob get a chunk of it, being at work might be a problem with tht though, unless can find another stream!! someone post in the streaming thread if anyone does!! :thup:
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Radio link to Sky Sports News...http://www.skysports.com/radio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AntonOtulakowski

Post by AntonOtulakowski »

Live online footy has Sky Sports News on Ch 3 at the mo
Middlesbrough Hammer

Post by Middlesbrough Hammer »

AntonOtulakowski wrote:Live online footy has Sky Sports News on Ch 3 at the mo
BasingstokeIron

Post by BasingstokeIron »

has anyone asked London 24 if he is really Trap yet?
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:This is what browndog is talking about, i believe:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/art ... rooking.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You are not fit to lace Sir Trevs boots, on what he knows about football compared to you BFS.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Seemed sensible, determined, businesslike and focussed on the job in hand. I'm hoping he's going to sweep aside some of the unprofessional bull**** that surrounds this club and drag it back where it belongs - the Premiership.

He is putting his reputation on the line at West Ham and is clearly already feeling the pressure and excitement (writing notes at 4 a.m. etc) of what is a massive challenge. He seems well up for it and I get the feeling he is already formulating a plan. Good, about time some **** in charge actually had one. We've been rudderless for too long. I feel that we have a 'proper' manager for the first time since Alan Curbishley was in charge. :thup:
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Browndog wrote: and he's slagged off Sir Trev. ...
Bobby Orangeboom wrote:He didn't " slag off " Sir trev at all, he merely pointed out the fact that he & other Managers though he was unqualified to take on the role that he did, because of certain Licences that Sir Trev didn't have, & hasn't got..
:thup:
Can't say I really see fault with what he says. From those quotes he's having a go at the FA not Brooking.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Watched the Interview again and the more I see of it, that is not a manager who is looking to make West Ham a long term job IF he gets a bit of success with us he will be off pronto Headbanger
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Wheels wrote:Watched the Interview again and the more I see of it, that is not a manager who is looking to make West Ham a long term job IF he gets a bit of success with us he will be off pronto Headbanger

Where will he go though? The big 5/6 wouldnt touch him as he is too old and not fashionable enough. If we get back to the Prem, we would be as big as any other club that could attract him.

The only other option is the England job and frankly, if he does well enough at West Ham to get that job then I'll wish him well as he leaves.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Wheels wrote:Watched the Interview again and the more I see of it, that is not a manager who is looking to make West Ham a long term job IF he gets a bit of success with us he will be off pronto Headbanger
The thing is... he has to do at West Ham to get a bigger opportunity, which means being successful at West Ham

In the modern era, no player/manager will do well and then stay at that club if a bigger club comes in... just the way it is.

You never know too... he has left a comfortable job before and moved to a bigger club and then been sacked a few months later... once bitten and all that... if he does well here and can push further than he did at Bolton (which would be good for us) than he might stick it out and see how far he can take us
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1438 likes

Post by D C »

His job is to get us up and stabilise the club ready for Slaven anyway. :)
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

D C wrote:His job is to get us up and stabilise the club ready for Slaven anyway. :)
That bloke whatsisname, ye know the old twitchy fella that loves a transfer, erm 'arry summink - he might be out of nick by then and be lookin for a job !!
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Makes a change from the recent managers, they were off quite pronto just for being *****.

If Generously Proportioned Sam has a good season he's bound to be linked elsewhere.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

least he didn't mention the ****ing project!! :P
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 119 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

Makes a change from the recent managers, they were off quite pronto just for being s***e.

If Generously Proportioned Sam has a good season he's bound to be linked elsewhere.[/quote]

Yeah, Barcelona!! :lol:

And what was that quote of his I read the other day 'my team won't lose a 2 goal lead'? Having followed the Hammers for 40 years oh how that's going to come back and bite him on his well upholstered arse!!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

10 months ago, I voted 'no' in this poll.

I am now of the view, that, come what may in the remaining weeks of this season, whether we go back up or not, I got it wrong.

Would anyone else now change their vote?
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

prophet:marginal wrote:10 months ago, I voted 'no' in this poll.

I am now of the view, that, come what may in the remaining weeks of this season, whether we go back up or not, I got it wrong.

Would anyone else now change their vote?
Nope.

Still undecided on the bloke.

He has my support though.