Rangers in administration (Non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Rangers in administration (Non WHU)

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:What about the 17K only that showed up for the cup game a couple of weeks back ?

Or do they only turn out when the papers make a big issue out of it...

Which is what some of their players will be doing soon enough ;)
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Junco Partner on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:09 pm

The Sun Newspaper have today admitted hacking in to Ally McCoist’s phone and topping it up with a tenner
Junco Partner

Location: In the rosy parks of England we'll sit and have a drink of VP wine and cider...

Postby Los Martillos on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I owed the Revenue 3 grand, about 8 years ago due to an accounting mix up. It was my fault and I was under investigation for 5 years. Ended up paying 4.5 G in fines and interest.

I feel sorry for Rangers fans, but WTF are HMCR doing to allow this situation.

If they spent less time going after the little guy...etc etc
Los Martillos

Postby Happyhammer52 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 pm

On a side note, sections of their support were back to singing their sectarian bile yesterday, and this is why the average fan in Scotland would happily see either of the Old Firm go to the wall.
Happyhammer52

Postby Happyhammer52 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Also just read a pound coin was thrown on the pitch, police won't be taking action however as they think it was a genuine take over bid.
Happyhammer52

Postby Antwerp_Lad on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:AL

You sound like my ex mate..

It's all a Celtic/Papist conspiracy....

Fkcuing man up........you're plain ***** but you won't admit it..

I can't tell you how many countless hours I had to listen to my mate telling me everything wrong with the world was a tim conspiracy or how Rangers were cheated..Like no one else has ever had a bad decision go against them

And then the entire night prior to an old firm game some twat on youtube posted anti Celtic songs and he sang along with them hour upon hour upon hour....and had the balls to tell me I knew fcku all about fitba......

Eh ?
You didn't see the game did you ?
2 perfectly good goals chopped off, Papac gets a red card for lunging into a tackle while a Kilmarnock player gets a yellow for a two-footed tackled, studs showing.

That has **** all to do with a Celtic/Papist conspiracy.
If you knew anything about it you'd know that if there was one club who has, over the past few years, claimed there was a conspiracy against them by the SFA/SPL/referees,... it would be Celtic (just take a look at the disgraceful treatment of referees last year, every decision they made against Celtic was looked at under a microscope and if they didn't like it they went into a huff).
To prove it, read this:

But the Celtic fans have carried the firm conviction for 100 years and more that Rangers are the 'Establishment' club in Scotland - and now they're getting evidence to support their claim.

First Minister Alex Salmond has got his tartan trews in a twist while making clumsy tackles all over the place regarding Rangers' insolvency event.

First he had to apologise to Celtic for saying they needed Rangers to survive. Then he said Rangers were "part of the fabric of society" in Scotland. Which makes Celtic what, precisely?

Talk about conspiracy theories ?

As for 'sectarian bile', Celtic fans have lost every right to be offended at the use of the word 'fenian' when they started singing 'Paddy McCourt's Fenian Army'.
There was 1 occasion of The Billy Boys, which ended pretty fast, a pure cauldron of anti-Catholic hatred that was...

edit: As for that 17k against Dundee, still 7k more than some league games at Celtic Park last season ;)
Antwerp_Lad

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Antwerp Lad

I didn't say anything about sectarian bile mate.......

Maybe you're less of a theorist than my ex mate. Countless hours of him telling me that they got cheated by the other half of Glasgow. And if not forming some conspiracy about there being no conspiracy.

And him being half Pakistani, I asked him once "You must have been the subject of a lot of racism in Glasgow, how can you possibly enter into the same hatred of Celtic ?"

"I am not a racist. I am bigot, I'm not a racist."

I did have to laugh at that bit though.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Happyhammer52 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Had to laugh at this today.
Happyhammer52

Postby Antwerp_Lad on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Antwerp Lad

I didn't say anything about sectarian bile mate.......

Maybe you're less of a theorist than my ex mate. Countless hours of him telling me that they got cheated by the other half of Glasgow. And if not forming some conspiracy about there being no conspiracy.

And him being half Pakistani, I asked him once "You must have been the subject of a lot of racism in Glasgow, how can you possibly enter into the same hatred of Celtic ?"

"I am not a racist. I am bigot, I'm not a racist."

I did have to laugh at that bit though.

Happens on both sides, there's fans with each club that think the other one has infiltrated the SFA/SPL/...

And then you have the rest of Scottish football who think the same about both Glasgow clubs :lol:

To prove my point:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CELTIC-WHY-WE-A ... B004FQ6ATU
Antwerp_Lad

Postby Turns to Stone on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:What about the 17K only that showed up for the cup game a couple of weeks back ?

Or do they only turn out when the papers make a big issue out of it...

Come on Oust, it's 2012.....the only reason people do anything any more is when the papers make a big deal about it.

What's the point in doing anything unless you can twitter/facebook about it late and show everyone just how cool you are. :wink:

Honestly, the only reason I even bother leaving the house these days is so I've got something to tweet about!
Turns to Stone

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:03 pm

TTS

But you don't bleat on an don and on about how wonderful a fan of leaving the house you are...

Shirley ?

:wink:

(I really feel left out not having a twatter account. I am not even on Facebook....)

embarrassedredfacedemoticon.................................
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Wembley1966 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:56 pm

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/298830-police-passed-dossier-on-rangers-finances-by-administrators/

Police have been passed a dossier by the administrators of Rangers in relation to the club's financial activities.

Strathclyde Police confirmed on Thursday they have received a information from administrators Duff and Phelps.

The force also said they will be consulting the Crown Office about the information handed to them.

As administrators with responsibilities to the court, Duff and Phelps are duty bound to pass any matters of concern raised as they go through the club's books, to the police.

A spokesman said: "We have been passed information from the administrators of Rangers Football Club.

"It is currently being examined and we will be contacting the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal in due course. It would be inappropriate to comment further at this time."
Wembley1966

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Motherwell are only three points behind them now. Failure to qualify for the 'Champions' League could be interesting.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Wembley1966 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm

They need to be out of administration by 31 March to get a license to play in Europe next year. This is becoming increasing unlikely as more revelations come out.

There is also the possibility of Rangers being deducted more points for fielding players owned by a third-party - allegations their signings last summer were contracted to and paid by the holding company rather than the football club itself.
Wembley1966

Postby Denbighammer on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Wembley1966 wrote:They need to be out of administration by 31 March to get a license to play in Europe next year. This is becoming increasing unlikely as more revelations come out.

There is also the possibility of Rangers being deducted more points for fielding players owned by a third-party - allegations their signings last summer were contracted to and paid by the holding company rather than the football club itself.

If they don't meet this regulation, does the 3rd place side automatically take their place?
Denbighammer

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Denbighammer wrote:If they don't meet this regulation, does the 3rd place side automatically take their place?

Yes, assuming they wish to enter European competitions , and assuming they too can convince the licencing body ( which will be the SFA) that they have sufficent funding to last a full season .So if Hearts finished 3rd that may be an issue ........Motherwell are probably ok though .

They would face a qualifying tie which may prve difficult unless it's against Arsenal .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Doc H Ball on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 pm

Ibrox has been renamed as the Inland Revenue Arena. It's just a Provisional thing.
Doc H Ball

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Doc :lol:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby York Ham(mer) on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Ooops. Rangers have been fined £50,000 by the Plus Stock Exchange for failing to disclose that its chairman, Craig Whyte, had previously been disqualified from serving as a company director. Can they afford to pay or will the PSE join a long list of creditors?
York Ham(mer)

Postby Happyhammer52 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:07 am

Players to leave tomorrow and Wednesday.
Happyhammer52

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion