Rangers in administration (Non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Rangers in administration (Non WHU)

Postby York Ham(mer) on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:41 am

Yeah, Cuenca, that's why it's 'mildly' interesting and not 'very' interesting. Would be funny though!
York Ham(mer)

Postby devonshire flu on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:53 pm

The _Joker wrote::lol: "The Rangers Football Club"....... is that the best name they could come up with??

Personally I would of called them Go Go Power Rangers football club

They have always been called The Rangers Football Club. There has never been a team called Glasgow Rangers. Bit like us and the Boleyn Ground, people say Upton Park and we know what they mean.
devonshire flu

Postby Denbighammer on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 am

Bury say they won't sell up to allow Rangers into the English league.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ll-to-Gers

Someone will take them up on it though I reckon. Barry Hearn would jump at the chance. Glasgow Orient anyone?
Denbighammer

Postby BrownFatwa on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:53 pm

why do reverse into Berwick Rangers and legitimately apply on grounds of being in England?
BrownFatwa

Postby wolf359 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 pm

wolf359

Postby Sweeney Bod on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:25 pm

wolf359 wrote:Hearts to vote 'no' to newco

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18539483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To paraphrase Blackadder; Romanov uturns more than a twisty turny thing. One only has to go back a year and look at his various stances on Heart's pedo player
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Postby Keepers on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Denbighammer wrote:Bury say they won't sell up to allow Rangers into the English league.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ll-to-Gers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone will take them up on it though I reckon. Barry Hearn would jump at the chance. Glasgow Orient anyone?

I feel sorry for the Rangers fans. BUT

The club has to go. An example has to be made.

No get out of jail free card. No little loop hole. No backdoor move to an english league.

Just no more Rangers.

There is a price to pay for every action and now is the time for them to pay up.
Keepers

Location: If we could play Arsenal every week , everything would be great.

Postby York Ham(mer) on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Dundee United voting no too. That's three so far if one assumes Celtic will also vote no!
Last edited by York Ham(mer) on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
York Ham(mer)

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Bury Rangers? Celtic would be happy with that. :)
DaveWHU1964

Postby Pony UTD on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Sooner or later they will get in. If Welsh clubs can play in the division........
The obvious answer is boot the Welsh out.
Pony UTD

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:46 pm

York Ham(mer) wrote:Dundee United voting no too. That's three so far if one assumes Celtic will also vote no!

Call it a guess, but I think it's safe to assume Hibs may vote no as well .

Aberdeen will be the final nail .

Taken to extremes , a yes vote would suggest that in other circumstances , were Rangers ever to be in danger of relegation , the clubs would vote to change the rules to ensure they didn't go down .

Once the clubs say there can be no relegation for certain clubs , the entire game is up ................

The players wages are due on the 26th , and I doubt Green has the cash to fund the cost .This could, with all the likely lawsuits, drag on for some time , so it may be better for them to drop a division or two whilst all that goes on .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby upton o'good on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 pm

I was tyhinking that steven davis would be a decent player to sanp up from them - to add depth in midfield (liked him when in prem league) but think Soton have got him? Is there anyone else worth taking
upton o'good

Postby Happyhammer52 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 pm

upton o'good wrote:I was tyhinking that steven davis would be a decent player to sanp up from them - to add depth in midfield (liked him when in prem league) but think Soton have got him? Is there anyone else worth taking

Nope.
Happyhammer52

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:40 am

Pony

I think the only reason that the Welsh clubs got to play in English football was that at the time there were no Welsh leagues. And having been here for eons, weren't about to leave and play in the Welsh leagues. Bit harsh to boot them out, it's not as if they bought English clubs and were trying to get in that way.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby York Ham(mer) on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:24 am

Yes, there wasn't a national Welsh league until 1991 and the stronger teams were by then well established in the Football League. One of those accidents of history.
York Ham(mer)

Postby QuintonNimoy on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:05 am

I think its worth remembering that publicly announcing your opposition ahead of the vote achieves little more than giving those who represent Rangers ample time to do some lobbying. They may appear to be painting themselves into a corner by making high minded statements about sporting integrity, but I doubt many of them care about being considered arseholes after the fact should they be motivated to change their position.
QuintonNimoy

Postby York Ham(mer) on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:12 am

Aberdeen to vote no, according to the BBC.
York Ham(mer)

Postby Believer on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:17 am

QuintonNimoy wrote:I think its worth remembering that publicly announcing your opposition ahead of the vote achieves little more than giving those who represent Rangers ample time to do some lobbying. They may appear to be painting themselves into a corner by making high minded statements about sporting integrity, but I doubt many of them care about being considered arseholes after the fact should they be motivated to change their position.

Correct - it is amazing what an extra 3 coach loads of Rangers fans turning up in Edinburgh or Dundee will do to Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd bank accounts.
My guess is that the Atlantic League (??) that was talked about a few years ago with Norwegian, Swedish clubs etc will start soon with the top 6 or so from each country. That will allow Rangers back in to play for big money. I imagine that it would be more enjoyable to watch than the current SPL too. (all IMO only of course...)
Believer

Postby Ted Fenton on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 am

Scottish teams used to play in the FA Cup.
Ted Fenton

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion