Modibo Maiga: signing confirmed

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Modibo Maiga: signing confirmed

Postby Yea Why Not on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 am

John Simkin wrote:Very interesting article on Modibo Maiga in French Football Weekly:

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2012/07 ... ble-maker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good read, cheers :thup:
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Postby JuniorBilly on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:57 am

Know a few mates who follow Ligue 1 and they rate him quite highly. The piece on him that was posted a few pages back from the Blowing Bubbles blog was a great read. :thup:

From what I have seen he looks physical, fast and a bit of a handful who doesn't have a bad goal scoring record. As we know the French league is alot different to EPL but I'm excited to see how he does. I think its a real asset that he can play comfortable up top on his own and wide right/left as part of a front 3. Perfect for both of Sam's systems.

Fingers crossed he does the biznis.
JuniorBilly

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:59 am

Find another Maiga/Vaz type and that front three would be insane. Everyone can play everywhere up there and defences wouldn't know what was going on!
Lincolnhammer92

Postby stu1 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:Find another Maiga/Vaz type and that front three would be insane. Everyone can play everywhere up there and defences wouldn't know what was going on!

I'm hoping we get to see a front three of Cole, Maiga and Vaz Te against some of the weaker teams at the Boleyn.
stu1

Postby Turns to Stone on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:Find another Maiga/Vaz type and that front three would be insane. Everyone can play everywhere up there and defences wouldn't know what was going on!

Robert Hall

:think:
Turns to Stone

Postby Matt of iron on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 pm

You may have a point here.

Interchangeable front three's is coming into play more and more these days.

Whether Big Sam will like it as it can be risky is another thing.
Matt of iron

Postby Turns to Stone on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Matt of iron wrote:
You may have a point here.

Interchangeable front three's is coming into play more and more these days.

Whether Big Sam will like it as it can be risky is another thing.

Big Sam will tell you invented it with in 2006 with Ricardo Gardner, Nicholas Anelka and Kevin Davies!
Turns to Stone

Postby thejackhammer on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Maybe not this year, but possibly in years to follow.

Hall Maiga Vaz Te

All 3 can play on the wing and through the middle, constantly switching around, all with pace, all with the ability to finish. It sounds good, we'll probably get relegated. Onwards and upwards, exciting times gentlemen.
thejackhammer

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Completely forgot about Hall! God, how i'd love to see a front three of those. Would be manic.
Lincolnhammer92

Postby RyanWHUFC on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:07 pm

thejackhammer wrote:Maybe not this year, but possibly in years to follow.

Hall Maiga Vaz Te

All 3 can play on the wing and through the middle, constantly switching around, all with pace, all with the ability to finish. It sounds good, we'll probably get relegated. Onwards and upwards, exciting times gentlemen.

That would be the b*llocks!

Happy with this signing, brilliant bit of business by G&S and Big Sam for identifying and going out and getting him. Hope he can do the business for us. :thup:
RyanWHUFC

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:21 pm

And then when Nolan retires we can have Ravel play behind the striker and tear teams a new ****hole.

Maiga
Hall Morrison Vaz
Noble Diame
Lincolnhammer92

Postby m-h on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:Completely forgot about Hall! God, how i'd love to see a front three of those. Would be manic.

Would be brilliant wouldn't it, with Nolan in the supporting role. Only problem is our midfield being overun, our full backs exposed and having three players that can't tackle. I love all the hype, but think some on here might have had some short term memory loss.....

We going to find out soon enough though are'nt we. August 8th.
m-h

Postby westhamburgerking on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 pm

miami-hammer wrote:We going to find out soon enough though are'nt we. August 8th.

Sadly it's 18th mate.
westhamburgerking

Postby m-h on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:37 pm

westhamburgerking wrote:
Sadly it's 18th mate.

August 18th thats like a month away...... :)

Note to self, month is a really weird word isn't it. I mean Mon day is Munday, Month is Munth....time for a beer i think.
m-h

Postby carugohammers on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:31 pm

From this article it seems a good player, but also a hothead. We hope will behave professionally and that is not another Piquionne ...
carugohammers

Postby TurnbullHammer on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:04 pm

anyone know when he'll feature for us preseason?
TurnbullHammer

Postby Aztec Hammer on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Watched a video of Maiga's 24 goals again with an Arsenal supporting mate of mine who had never heard of him. He was very impressed with what he saw, especially the number of headed goals. Reckons we've signed a gem!
Aztec Hammer

Postby Billydinho on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Aztec Hammer wrote:Watched a video of Maiga's 24 goals again with an Arsenal supporting mate of mine who had never heard of him. He was very impressed with what he saw, especially the number of headed goals. Reckons we've signed a gem!

I'm glad we got his approval. :thup:
Billydinho

Postby hammer1975 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Am I the only one who thinks a front three from cole, Maiga, vaz te and hall would be massively ineffective. Largely because we'd never have the ball with our midfield completely overrun
hammer1975

Postby MB on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:49 pm

hammer1975 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks a front three from cole, Maiga, vaz te and hall would be massively ineffective. Largely because we'd never have the ball with our midfield completely overrun

Depends on the three behind them and the fullbacks. Most teams have three out and out attacking players (four for the best teams) these days and three from Nolan, Noble, Diame, or O'Neil would work. Whether our full backs would cope is the question mark.

As long as the three frontmen press the ball we should be able to field it against most sides.

Maiga looks a real handful. Could be a real gem.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion