Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Mad Professor
Has liked: 277 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Mad Professor »

rciron wrote:Was superb yesterday, pulled off the penalty save, kept us in the game and got us a point, top keeper
And getting better. That is the important bit! seems to be ironing out his previous frailties!
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Great game yesterday!! As many Spanish keepers, have some hard time to command his area and a bit lucky that the referee saw a foul in there, when Dunne "scored". But otherwise... His save at the end was world class!!
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

I love this fella. So much
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

http://www.football365.com/topical-top- ... 90/Top-Ten" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Felicidades Adrian nombrados en el equipo europeo de la semana de San Miguels están puestos en ti . :thup:
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

I had serious doubts about him earlier on in the season but I well and truly eat my words now. Looks like he could be the best keeper we've had in decades. I love having a bit of a character between the sticks and all.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

He's been as good as any keeper this season, he's made one or two errors but so have Courtois, De Gea and others.
bullyhammer

Post by bullyhammer »

Jumby wrote:He's been as good as any keeper this season, he's made one or two errors but so have Courtois, De Gea and others.
I agree (almost as good). But the thing I love most about him is his enthusiasm, and his rapport with the fans. He's unbreakably cheerful, and that is invaluable to my mind.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

All good goalies are a tad eccentric. And our man is that alright. We need to resign him soon as its only a matter of time a champions league start sniffing.
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

He needs to chill out though - his temperament is a red card waiting to happen one day.

When Valencia was clearly simulating a head injury at Loftus on the weekend (not for the first time) he went apeshit at the ref for allowing play to continue. Surely he knew it was all a load of nothing from Valencia, so why lose your cool over it anyway?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Aceface wrote:He needs to chill out though - his temperament is a red card waiting to happen one day.

When Valencia was clearly simulating a head injury at Loftus on the weekend (not for the first time) he went apeshit at the ref for allowing play to continue. Surely he knew it was all a load of nothing from Valencia, so why lose your cool over it anyway?

Or maybe he saw his team mate and friend on the floor clutching his head, being such an honest player he couldn't imagine it being ****ed, so feared for said friend's safety.
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

Valencia has a little rest nearly every time he gets dispossessed and ends up on his backside. If Reid or Cresswell stay down for a period of time, then odds are they're probably genuinely hurt, but I'm not sure, god bless him, that benefit of the doubt applies to Enner in every instance any more.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Quite possibly one of the only plus points over the last few months. Keep it going Adrian. HOTY?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It feels weird after following West Ham for so long, to now feeling quietly confident about Penalties with this man in goal. Love how he wins the battle of the mind games and manages to successfully wind up players he's facing to great effect. Sails close to the wind at times but just about does as he's told when told to pack it in by Officials if he slightly over steps the mark.

Long may his clever antics continue!
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

I'm not sure how I feel about his antics when faced with penalties. I don't mind the pointing to his right as a suggestion to the player but I must admit last night I felt it was a little muggy him coming up with the ball to place on the spot and get his words in every time, to the point where Birkirkara's keeper sprinted up and took the ball out of his hands to give it to his player himself. I understand the mind games and like you say he does enough to back away and leave it when asked but I dunno... I'm not thrilled with it.
beckton

Post by beckton »

I read on here last night. I think it was in the transfer thread someone blaming Adrian for the Birkirkara goal.

True story.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Absolutely no problem with his 'antics' last night. Most if not all of the top keepers will be playing mind games whether subtly or overtly. Penalties are a lottery and often come down to who has the most nerve... If Adrian can tip that in our favour as he has done before then so be it.

I actually think their keeper looked the bigger mug by snatching it out of his hands. Hardly
shows his teammates he has confidence in them
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Hayden wrote:Absolutely no problem with his 'antics' last night. Most if not all of the top keepers will be playing mind games whether subtly or overtly. Penalties are a lottery and often come down to who has the most nerve... If Adrian can tip that in our favour as he has done before then so be it.

I actually think their keeper looked the bigger mug by snatching it out of his hands. Hardly
shows his teammates he has confidence in them
Agreed. Nothing new is it? Remember Brucie's wobbly knees routine?
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

Green was pretty solid for pens was he not?
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by The Terminator »

Anyone else notice how far off his line he was when the kicks were taken? Almost 6 yards for some, wonder if the ref would have allowed it to stand had he saved any?