Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by kayahammer »

He makes me nervous, but a great character, and that nonsense with Ballotelli was funny (would not have been had he got sent off though)
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

WCpete wrote:He may have gotten away with one in the 2nd half. Ref could have given him a se o d yellow for the high studs into Borinis knee.
With that and the Ballotelli 'compare cojones' I wonder if something wasn't bothering him. He doesn't usually wax aggressive like that. Hope it's a blip.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Great character but if we are serious about being a top 10 club we need a new keeper. Peter Cech would be an amazing signing in January.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Is there ever a game when the ball doesn't bounce off him?

Not Sam's best signing.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

He needs to calm down.
not just the mario altercation or the foot up but also a couple of occasions when he half came for the ball and got lost in the middle of nowhere - he's like a neuer on drugs - needs to play safe.
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

Can understand the Balotelli confrontation, it was just handbags imo but leaving his foot out on Borini (?) later on in the game when he'd already safely collected the ball was totally unecessary, couldn't see it from where I was but after seeing the highlights I think he was lucky to stay on the pitch really. A more experienced ref would of sent him off.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

A lucky boy yesterday. Could easily have seen red.

Some decent saves but he worries the life out of me and I get the feeling he does the same to our defence.

Noble ripped him a new one after the Ballotelli incident.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

There are basically four types of keeper.

1. The outstanding - excellent skills, very consistent.

2. The maverick - excellent skills, poor consistency.

3. The solid, very consistent, limited skills.

4. The mediocre - limited skills and consistency.

Adrian is a (2). We tend to attract (2s) at West Ham (James, Shaka). We have had only two (1s) in the past 30 years. The best (3) - Green - is probably most people's choice of third begs keeper in 30 years. Jussi is definitely a (3). We have had plenty of 4s.

Adrian is a very good free transfer and deservedly our no.1. I am sure we could improve on him, but it won't be easy. We won't get a (1).
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

there was nothing in the "leaving foot in" during the second half.. he went to claim the ball.. his foot happened to be high. nothing about it
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

mumbles87 wrote:there was nothing in the "leaving foot in" during the second half.. he went to claim the ball.. his foot happened to be high. nothing about it
Agree with this, from what I could see the ball got a deflection that resulted in a good save I which he managed to push the ball safe, he then got up and reacted quicker than anyone and slide in claiming the ball on a wet surface. Had he not slide in that way Borini would have left his foot in and taken Adrian's head off
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

He is very eh Spanish! Hands like rock at times, but the main thing is he did what he needed to and looked more composed than the bloke at the other end!
beckton

Post by beckton »

mumbles87 wrote:there was nothing in the "leaving foot in" during the second half.. he went to claim the ball.. his foot happened to be high. nothing about it

Yep, keepers do it all the time. I can't believe suddenly a big thing has been made of it on both Sky and MOTD. :?
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Just noticed that Liverpool are monitoring the situation of Victor Valdes, who is a free agent at the moment. I wonder if it would be worth us looking at him too.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

beckton wrote:
Yep, keepers do it all the time. I can't believe suddenly a big thing has been made of it on both Sky and MOTD. :?
De Gea will do it today but he will be protecting himself
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

There was nothing in the challenge with Borini, he claimed the ball, if anything the follow through was from Borini, he just came unstuck

Great character, love Adrian
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

beckton wrote:
Agree with this, from what I could see the ball got a deflection that resulted in a good save I which he managed to push the ball safe, he then got up and reacted quicker than anyone and slide in claiming the ball on a wet surface. Had he not slide in that way Borini would have left his foot in and taken Adrian's head off
How can he control his feet when looking at the ball. Keepers get knocks all the time. It's a contact sport. If he had kicked his leg out when doing it id say he meant it but like we agree nothing in it
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

There was nothing in the challenge with Borini, he claimed the ball, if anything the follow through was from Borini, he just came unstuck

Great character, love Adrian
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

That'll be my version of events when speaking to my Liverpool supporting work mate tomorrow morning. But he was undoubtably very lucky to stay on the pitch yesterday. There was no need for the studs, he knew exactly what he was doing
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I'm not really sure he connected in a bad sort of way with Borini , I thought the Liverpool player made a meal of it trying to get Adrian into trouble .

The first incident was slightly over the top but there again Balotelli didn't have to do what he did either .
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Not the brightest thing to do with the studs showing but have seen keepers do that again and again....cech regularly tries to elbow players to intimidate them away from his 'zone'

there is, however, something in the reactions of players at the top 4/5 which atttracts more press attention......felt a number of free kicks were undeserved yesterday

All IMO