Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by ageing hammer »

Knocking Carroll is really a bit silly, there is no doubting his ability when he is able to play.

He is a top class striker with the added ability of being fantastic in the air and really puts in a shift at both
ends of the pitch.

Yeah sure he had issues with his lifestyle previously but all the indications are that he has settled down now with his young family playing a big part in that.

The way I look at him is that he is good enough for us ( and a lot of other teams ) when he is fit but he happens to be built in the same mould as others like Kieron Dyer and Darren Anderton and Sturridge.

I ask one question to the Carroll knockers, do you honestly believe that Andy goes out deliberately to get crocked.

This is football
Players get injured
Some a lot

Get fit soon Andy :scarfer:
Nick Sneddon
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Nick Sneddon »

I'd rather have a fit Carroll for 20-30% of the season than not at all
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Nick Sneddon wrote:I'd rather have a fit Carroll for 20-30% of the season than not at all
Problem is that doesn't take into account the £80k a week we can put towards someone who can play for the other 70% of the time.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

It's only such a big deal/blow as they didn't sign a striker in January

Was always going to happen

We are over reliant on Carroll as he is our only proper quality striker
Belchio

Post by Belchio »

Its worth pointing out. A broken Andy Carroll could still make us Fat keyboard warriors look like knobs on the pitch

Give him some time and he'll be fit again
Mr_incredible
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 79 likes

Post by Mr_incredible »

ageing hammer wrote:Knocking Carroll is really a bit silly, there is no doubting his ability when he is able to play.

This is football
Players get injured
Some a lot

Get fit soon Andy :scarfer:
You make this sound like a game of chance.This just simply isnt true (unless somebody inflicts the injury on you).
Getting injured repeatedly indicates that either there is a severe defect in your body or how its being maintained. These players are engineered all week to function for matchdays....and seeing as all the other players seem to available to play more than 90 games in 4 and a half years....it suggests that the problem isnt there. This whole..'its how he plays' is rubbish....he runs and jumps like all other players..if he doesnt then this is very well where the defect is. If it is that he cant manage to play more than 10 games without his body basically giving up, then this is entirely a conditioning problem.
If i was paying him the 80k a week Id be asking him and the coaches a few questions
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

Scarhead wrote:Billic saying not in team to face Watford as he hasn't trained for 10 days but groin injury is sorted.

Back for Chelsea, apparently.
Does Bilic say he is back for Chelsea?
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

MD_HM wrote:It's only such a big deal/blow as they didn't sign a striker in January

Was always going to happen

We are over reliant on Carroll as he is our only proper quality striker
All of this.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Belchio wrote:Its worth pointing out. A broken Andy Carroll could still make us Fat keyboard warriors look like knobs on the pitch

Give him some time and he'll be fit again
I really don't see what relevance this has to anything as none of us are employed to play football.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

The only points worth making is that the club have put all their eggs in one basket with Carroll and dropped it, we know, they know, everyone knows he is always more likely than most players to get an injury or injuries that will keep him out for 50% of the season , they gambled and lost again. Calleri is nothing like Carrol so obviously needs a different kind of game he is never going to get it chest height and hold it up he is more a latch onto a through ball type player and not very good at that.
Sahko crocked long term and a Man united reserve reject in Fletcher is what we have besides, not good is it?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Fletcher isn't a reject, he rejected their offer and came to us.

This is another myth that's peddled, how we sign 'rejects', I've seen Fonte, Feghouli, Fletcher, Quina, Martinez all called rejects despite the fact that it was them who turned their old clubs down and chose to join us.

Just another stick to beat the board with.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

OK Fletcher was not a reject although he was never intended to start in any of our premier league games this season , he was bought in to develop .Just saying we left ourselves thin up front and had a chance to get a stop gap in January but didn't , it is a mistake.Nobody ever suggested Fonte was a reject least of all me I like the player.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

61dicksey wrote:OK Fletcher was not a reject although he was never intended to start in any of our premier league games this season , he was bought in to develop .Just saying we left ourselves thin up front and had a chance to get a stop gap in January but didn't , it is a mistake.Nobody ever suggested Fonte was a reject least of all me I like the player.
I'm not saying you said Fonte was a reject, but I've seen it said on this site.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Fonte - is a 2 year cover whilst one or both of burke and oxford prove they are ready.
Fletcher - shows some good touches and movement but clearly not ready to start although I would start him today and when carroll not fit as offers more than callerei so far.

Carroll - great player when fit. We cannot rely on him as our number one striker. so we must uy someone decent to replace him and I would suggest sakho who is also a good player when fit.

This season will see a mixture of a few carroll appearances and longer injury periods with fill in roles by fletcher,callerei and ayew. Non of whom inspire me to think they will score regularly if at all !

next window 2 strikers and of course a RB required.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

mushy wrote:Does Bilic say he is back for Chelsea?
In case you missed it upstairs....
hammerdivone wrote:“This is not a big injury but he needs to play, he needs to be available and hopefully he will train tomorrow, whether he will be available for Saturday, that would be great but if not definitely Chelsea.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... lmZQOS4.99
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

I am assuming (never a good idea!) that AC's problem is a strain or rupture of one or more of the adductor muscles. These can cause anything from moderate to extreme pain and require very careful treatment. These types of rupture are also common among cyclists, both professional and those who cycle for pleasure or to get to work.

The problem can be hugely frustrating as you think it has cleared up only for it to return without warning, say, as you get out of bed! Nor can it be treated by exercise or other types of training. Rest is the only 'cure' so as to allow the torn or ruptured fibres to heal themselves. Exercise can only be increased gradually once the healing process has completed.

I speak from painful experience, being a once-keen cyclist who can no longer participate due to recurring adductor muscle strain.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

hammerdivone wrote:In case you missed it upstairs....

This is not a big injury but he needs to play, he needs to be available and hopefully he will train tomorrow, whether he will be available for Saturday, that would be great but if not definitely Chelsea.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... lmZQOS4.99
yes thanks and apologies all round.
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

Missed him today, hurry back AC
snooperpooper
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

Off to China?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... gue-china/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

snooperpooper wrote:Off to China?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... gue-china/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just about to post the same thing. No idea how true this is but would imagine that true or false Sullivan and Co. would have their reasons for "leaking" the news out.