Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Lee_WHU

Re: The Andy Carroll thread

Post by Lee_WHU »

Oh sorry, was I supposed to add to the mass debate? :D

I'm with DL. The man has got himself one of the biggest pain in the arse injuries (pain in the ankle to be exact) and some are having a pop as if he did it deliberately just to spite them. Some on twitter even replying to his message saying he should be put down! I lol'd, but Jesus Christ have a word with yourselves will ya?
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

Whufc06 wrote:Major - Maybe you could run a workshop on what makes a proper fan seeing as you're so fantastic? :D
Sick morons like you wouldn't even get in.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Lee_WHU wrote: Some on twitter even replying to his message saying he should be put down! I lol'd, but Jesus Christ have a word with yourselves will ya?
I know I should be in this 'modern world' of technology but I absolutely f**king despise twitter, facebook etc....

As others have said earlier in this thread it gives the loud, thick, minority a mouthpiece, that before I could avoid. Also, as football supporters if we didn't feel alienated enough from the present day footballer on £100k+ a week, every football story is linked to what they have said on twitter. Footballers showing off their cars, women , sticking their tongues out like w*nkers & doing these f**king 'selfie' pictures really get on my t*ts.

Andy Carroll has spent the summer away with his bird, enjoying himself away on holiday...all fair enough...but again is unfit to represent his team that he's paid £80k a week to play for. I know it seems very bad luck but to keep getting injured like that & if he was allegedly unfit when he turned up for training, then that's not f**king on....

'Goes back to his Nokia N50 & still trying to work out how to send a bloody text'
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

What's your high score on Snake?
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Could actually do with a Nokia, maybe they wouldn't double post.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

AC just tweeted a picture of himself with his surgeon post op , no problem except he looks like he is enjoying himself
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

are they in the pub?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

cockney farmer wrote:AC just tweeted a picture of himself with his surgeon post op , no problem except he looks like he is enjoying himself

The drugs are yet to wear off ;)
Big C

Post by Big C »

cockney farmer wrote:AC just tweeted a picture of himself with his surgeon post op , no problem except he looks like he is enjoying himself
His surgeon has operated on a **** load of table tennis players.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

****ing phone :lol:
aaronhammer
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

People keep bringing up that he was unfit after the summer and he should take better care of himself. There's been pictures and videos of him training, if he had injured himself whilst on holiday, surely he wouldn't have been training!

He's torn his ankle ligaments which can happen just walking along, let alone when playing sport (I strained mine to a grade 2 - partial tear - about a month ago, playing football), so ultimately it's bad luck that this has happened to Carroll.

The best thing for West Ham is for Carroll to recover as soon as possible, so good luck Andy.
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by smuts »

It was clear from the pics over the summer that he didn't pile on the pounds so it seems strange that he allegedly came back so unfit...especially with our history of players coming back from their hols a bit porky. Does the heel problem affect his running? Possibly.

They haven't said how he tore the ligaments either so I just wonder if he is over compensating on that foot for his previous injury on the other heel.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

He doesn't improve our team when he's fit anyway. Zarate and Valencia will score more than Carroll. Not bothered he's out, more bothered we can't flog him. (If the rumours about Newcastle wanting him back were true).
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 527 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Whufc06 wrote:Major - Maybe you could run a workshop on what makes a proper fan seeing as you're so fantastic? :D

Madge has been West Ham's No.1 supporter for many years. He's all but told us this many times over the years.
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

Dyl wrote:He doesn't improve our team when he's fit anyway. Zarate and Valencia will score more than Carroll. Not bothered he's out, more bothered we can't flog him. (If the rumours about Newcastle wanting him back were true).
The stats beg to differ.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Do they? I seem to remember us being just as **** last year with him in the team.

In fact, if i'm brutally honest, his debut against Fulham was the only game I have seen Andy Carroll play well for us.

Bottom line is, he is a ****ing lazy imobile lump who can't control the ball and can't finish. We start to attack and he can't even summon the energy to jog to the box! Most of the time, when watching, it's actually embarrassing. He has been a complete waste of money.
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Is is coincidence that our four-game winning streak involved Carlton up front instead of him last season?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3014 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Major wrote:Dyer is bang on the money

UTJ your post praising Thor is missing the point massivley, i didn't question that he had the knowledge or insider position. I questioned if he should be passing it on without authority when it refers to a players injury especially when the original post is cryptic at best.

The b*llocks about his fitness and his application is the very reason why its wrong.

I think all the twats having a go at Andy are all that is wrong with modern football, supporters? don't make me laugh you don't know what it means. Sad Sad state of affairs.
Maj

I make you broadly right .

andy Carroll is our record signing . I hope he gets better and bangs in 20 goals this term .

I also like Thors Info . He,s credible .

can't we all just get along ? Apart from rebirth who is a cock .
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

Dyl wrote:He doesn't improve our team when he's fit anyway. Zarate and Valencia will score more than Carroll. Not bothered he's out, more bothered we can't flog him. (If the rumours about Newcastle wanting him back were true).
:thup:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 871 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

aaronhammer wrote: The best thing for West Ham is for Carroll to recover as soon as possible, so good luck Andy.
Absofookinlutely. We have still only seen glimpses of what he can do, maybe that's all we'll ever get, but Christ on a bike, give the lad a break.