Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Harry Hound »

I find it amazing that so many of the people who can't wait to tear into Noble are the same people tirelessly and almost religiously protecting and deflecting any criticism of "super slav". Noble for me is everything that's great about West Ham, Billy Bonds wasn't the most skillful player but he gave his all for WHU and bled C&B and IMO Noble is very similar but ironically he is technically a lot more skillful and on his day can really turn it on.
Last edited by Harry Hound on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

the pink palermo wrote:
Football clubs need heroes , and I would love it, simply love it if one day he could walk up the 39 steps and lift the FA cup for us .
It's 107 steps nowadays . :)
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Harry Hound wrote:I find it amazing that so many of the people who can't wait to tear into Noble are the same people tirelessly and almost religiously protecting and deflecting any criticism of "super slav". Noble for me is everything that's great about West Ham, Billy Bonds wasn't the most skillful player but he gave his all for WHU and bled C&B and IMO Noble is very similar but ironically he is technically a lot more skillful and on his day can really turn it on.
I wonder how many here watched Bobby Moore live, he was slow as well, but he was skilful, some people only see what they want to see!

All of the players have had bad games this season, accept it! and instead hope we can find out why! what is the problem how deep does it go? Watching Brady on "The Apprentice" and some of her facial expressions and opinions pity help us.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

In response to that JAYBS the game was not as fast as it is now. Put Bobby in a team today he'd struggle, Put Noble in a team of the 60's he'd be athletic.
The game has changed so much, not all for the better,
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:What I, and others, take exception to is posters who are so far up their own arse on here that they believe if someone has a different opinion to them on something it means they know **** all about football or 'don't get it' - a clear slur on their supporting credentials - when they have absolutely no knowledge about that individual
The irony.

Ultimately when someone claims that Mark Noble is in their top 3 reasons to why we're doing so badly this season, you have to question that persons "opinion" and call b*llocks.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

the pink palermo wrote:£3500..

the 39 steps
That really was a grand gesture :thup:

Have you seen the Hitchcock movie? There's a scene in a Highland croft with a bored young wife that is the sexiest thing ever.

Sorry, I digress...
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

RichieRiv wrote:
The irony.

Ultimately when someone claims that Mark Noble is in their top 3 reasons to why we're doing so badly this season, you have to question that persons "opinion" and call b*llocks.
The opinion is fine, the method and style of language is ignorant and puerile, and it's that which people take exception to.

Hopefully now you'll understand
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Much better from nobes yesterday. That tackle that eventually stayed in off the corner flag was proper
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It was. I thought he got off to a shaky start in the first half but the more the game went on, the more he grew into it and ended up playing well for us. He made some timely interceptions in the box in the 2nd half and never switched off. More like the Noble I know.

To be fair, most of the players played yesterday like how I remembered them last season and so the team performance and result overall wasn't a surprise but well deserved.

I could just imagine 'Effort' 'Work rate' and 'Not giving up' being the buzz words before Kick Off now more than ever, in the dressing room, because that's how they all played throughout. The rest of their games then followed as you'd expect. That's all we ever ask and it was night and day compared to recent outings.

The players clearly responded well to both the manager and captain in those regards.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

It's hard to single Noble out when our bad form seems to pass around the squad like a bad case of Dysentery.
Barring Obiang and Antonio, every player has been so underwhelming it's hard to see peeps jump on the MN hate-wagon.
It could be because he is captain, and as resolute as he could be he appears to see the chinks in our armor that has led to this godawful start.
We don't know exactly why, but I think he showed with the result at Anfield he still holds influence as does Bilic.
With a much easier few weeks to look forward to he must make it count and steady the ship and push on like the last season, which easily was the season of his life.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

kayahammer wrote:Much better from nobes yesterday. That tackle that eventually stayed in off the corner flag was proper
It's tackles like that, which get the crowd going, that alone will give Mark confidence, and something to build on.
markmc

Post by markmc »

Just heard Mark on Talksport saying he would be up for Managing the team in future as he has been around the club so long and Harry Redknapp singing his praise's.
Estuary
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Estuary »

Modern day legend? Yes for me. A legend in the Bonds/Moore mold? He needs to lift a trophy to make that step.
I do think he is the bellwether of our team, if he plays well so does the team, and visa versa.

I thought he had a decent game yesterday, played a little further forward which suites him.
Last edited by Estuary on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrVenk
Has liked: 362 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Played with grit and passion. His tracking back and tackling were more like the old Nobes, and he was very vocal with the rest of the team - aspects sorely missing this season so far. Keep it up MN :thup:
Estuary

Post by Estuary »

DrVenk wrote:Played with grit and passion. His tracking back and tackling were more like the old Nobes, and he was very vocal with the rest of the team - aspects sorely missing this season so far. Keep it up MN :thup:
I noted that he put an arm around some of players when they had ****ed up to try and lift them, thats something I think we have needed all season.
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 702 likes

Post by Pob! »

Back to his old self yesterday...

Keep it going Mark.
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

Demonstrating my balance for fairness and probity.

MN had a good game yesterday, we saw the passion of the East End lad and some of the attributes that a captain needs to demonstrate.

Great determination for the tackle on the touchline, moments like those gel a team.

Well done MN

PS. Would like to see less marking space though and actually getting in the face of the opposition a bit more
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

He was so much better yesterday

When his own performance is sorted, his role as Captain looks much easier
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

It was a much improved performance yesterday. There were glimpses of the Mark Noble we know, but even in a resolute and determined performance, theres work to be done. Last year was his benchmark and he will be forever judged on it. I doubt he'll hit those heights again
Estuary

Post by Estuary »

I doubt he'll hit those heights again
Why? If the team as a unit have a better second half of the season there is no reason to suppose that Mark won't.