Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

O'Briens Hair-Line

Re: Ideal ins and out's in the summer? (Realistic(ish) only)

Post by O'Briens Hair-Line »

Vienna wrote:I would like to see Nolan, Downing, Jarvis, Collins, Cole, Jenkinson, Jaaskelainen, leave.
Collins and Jenkinson? Bit brave, think Jenko is a very good right back and Ginge is a good backup centre half
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

I wouldn't be quick to get rid of so many players, the lack of squad depth is what is killing us atm! Add to that the poisoned chalice that is ropey league and we could be in for a painful season.
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

We need more pace, especially in our midfield. We also need someone who can run with the ball and create. It seems we are set on Pedro Obiang, and I think we will also pick up Lassana Diarra when he is finally able to terminate his contract. I would love to see us try for James Milner. He would be a great addition to our midfield. I think we should go for konoplyanka, if we were prepared to bid 10m last season, we should love him on a free. Depending on who goes down, we should be all over Austin, Ings, Tripier, and if villa drop, Grealish, and Delph. If there is any truth to rumours Chelsea are looking at Valencia, we should ask for Patrick Bamford in part exchange. He has been brilliant for Middlesbrough on loan, and with Derby looking to miss the playoffs we should put in a bid for Will Hughes. I also think an audacious attempt at signing Luis Adriano on a free. Obviously we can't get all those players, but I think they are options we should be looking at.
O'Briens Hair-Line

Post by O'Briens Hair-Line »

Peaches wrote:We need more pace, especially in our midfield. We also need someone who can run with the ball and create. It seems we are set on Pedro Obiang, and I think we will also pick up Lassana Diarra when he is finally able to terminate his contract. I would love to see us try for James Milner. He would be a great addition to our midfield. I think we should go for konoplyanka, if we were prepared to bid 10m last season, we should love him on a free. Depending on who goes down, we should be all over Austin, Ings, Tripier, and if villa drop, Grealish, and Delph. If there is any truth to rumours Chelsea are looking at Valencia, we should ask for Patrick Bamford in part exchange. He has been brilliant for Middlesbrough on loan, and with Derby looking to miss the playoffs we should put in a bid for Will Hughes. I also think an audacious attempt at signing Luis Adriano on a free. Obviously we can't get all those players, but I think they are options we should be looking at.
Some great shouts there, think altogether it'll cost too much. When Carrolls out, which is all the time, we miss a big powerful striker, Benteke, Austin and Gignac would be the most realistic.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

A player like Sadio Mane.. Small, quick and direct. He played off the striker today, and I imagine that a player like that would work well with Carroll.
sosc67

Post by sosc67 »

Jese Rodriguez is ready to quit Real Madrid at the end of the season.

AS says Jese told his inner circle he would leave if things didn’t change. They have changed, but for the worse.

The footballer is tired of the few opportunities he’s been given since coming back from injury.

Despite Real going through to the semi-finals against their city rivals (1-0, with the goal coming from Chicharito) Jesé left the Bernabéu in a terrible mood. And told his inner circle that he wants away from Madrid this summer.

Make statement Gold and Sullivan go all out for this bloke. :scarfer:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Vienna wrote:I would like to see Nolan, Downing, Jarvis, Collins, Cole, Jenkinson, Jaaskelainen, leave.
Leaving our defence in the hands of Tomkins and Reid won't strengthen it.

Collins is worth at least another season in the first eleven.

I think Jenkinson is being touted around at a pretty high price, but would definitely wish to retain his services.

Broadly agree with your other calls.

Even though he's a spitter, which is frankly disgusting, I'd try for Burnley's Boyd as a striking option, if they were relegated.

But Shelvey would be my main target, massively in favour of Song.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I think they'll take both Song and Jenkinson if the price is right, and that's wages in Song's case, and the fee in Jenkinson's. Call it £12m combined plus £100k per week in wages.

That creates a squad like this:

Inner Core - Certain (14)

Adrian: Jenkinson, Cresswell, Tomkins, Reid, Collins, Noble, Song, Kouyate, Downing, Amalfitano, Sakho, Carroll, Valencia

Hoping to Step Up/Good enough to fill in occasionally (5)

Potts; Hendrie: Henry: Burke: Poyet

Some Chance they'll go - but it depends

O'Brien - 90% likely to stay
Nolan - 50% likely to stay (if Sam stays, so will the captain).
Jarvis - 25% likely to stay
Cole - 10% likely to stay
Jussi - 10% likely to stay

Certain to Go/be loaned out/already off the books

Demel, Zarate, Nene, Maiga, Morrison, Vaz Te

------

Factors influencing judgements will include whether we qualify for Europa as they'll have to keep some extra bodies.

Sam was very clear in his post match yesterday that there is ongoing concern about 'three years of only three centre backs', but it seems they are hoping Henry or Burke will break through.

A player like Obiang or Mbodj is the obvious hedge bet for CB/DM when considered in conjunction with Kouyate,

The reserve keeper will probably be a Bosman, but the certain to go and likely to go list suggests most money will again go on the front 4. A young RB prospect would also be a reasonable expectation.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

TurnbullHammer wrote:A player like Sadio Mane.. Small, quick and direct. He played off the striker today, and I imagine that a player like that would work well with Carroll.
Yeah but one who is genuinely 22, not like Mané.
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

Outs for me.

Nolan, Downing, Sakho if someone is mug enough to pay £10m plus, and fringe players.

Ins for me.

Shelvey, Defoe, and a big signing to replace Downing.

I think Jarvis has a role to play at this club if we get a new manager, especially a Dutch one.
like I think we might get.
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

It's gone a bit quiet on Fabien Schaar. Anyone know if we are still interested?
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Pulls up Trees wrote:It's gone a bit quiet on Fabien Schaar. Anyone know if we are still interested?
Allardyce was on the OS yesterday after the game talking about Burke, and consequently about Doneil henry and Reece Oxford.

It sounds very much like the club are hoping that one of these three is going to be the solution to the annual centre half crisis, so that big money doesn't have to spent on a centre half. I appreciate that Schar is a Bosman, but big signing on fee and wages probably involved.

He's being linked to various German clubs as well as us, Southampton, Spurs etc.
Believer
Has liked: 1428 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Believer »

WHUJohn wrote: Ins for me.

Defoe ? Really ?

He has not exactly set it on fire at Sunderland. If they go down they'll be desperate go get rid. Expensive for what he is now IMO. Far better out there. Hernandez would be a better bet I reckon.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Adrian: Jenkinson, Cresswell, Tomkins, Reid, Collins, Noble, Song, Kouyate,Poyet Downing, Amalfitano, Sakho, Carroll, Valencia

some good sense written by bubbles 1966, amongst some of the more anticipated delusional blurb by others

the top 14 are a good strong core , , if by a short miracle we can keep our strikers fit , and add some inspired purchases in the summer , im reasonably confident of a decent season . We badly mucked up in the last window leaving the squad painfully thin and our main players overworked , and this has been our downfall in the past 2 months imo. theres no need for a major clearout , but i cant see places for Jarvis/Nolan?Demel p

If we can get 3 players in capable of fitting in straight away to the first XI and 4/5 more potential first XI squad members to replace cole/vaz te/ et all then i'll be delighted .

PS i'd love gylffi Siggursson too, all my spurs pals said he was average, but he scores vital goals , better than Shelvey imo too

But we need to know who'll be in charge 1st
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

TurnbullHammer wrote:A player like Sadio Mane.. Small, quick and direct. He played off the striker today, and I imagine that a player like that would work well with Carroll.
Who's is this "Carroll" person you speak of? :think:

Lol
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

Cole out Austin in would be a good start imo
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

WHUJohn wrote:Outs for me.

Nolan, Downing, Sakho if someone is mug enough to pay £10m plus, and fringe players.

Ins for me.

I think Jarvis has a role to play at this club if we get a new manager, especially a Dutch one.
like I think we might get.
I agree Sakho's got his price, which, if offered, will see him leave, but I'd expect it to be a nudge higher than £10M.

I'd happily say goodbye to your other names, but doubt massively that they'd attract much interest.

Sunderland would practically give away Defoe, given his contract length and terms, but he's boo-bait for far too much of the support for the owners to risk a punt, I'd have thought...especially if he arrives within the window this season's top scorer is sold.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

prophet:marginal wrote:....................................

But Shelvey would be my main target, massively in favour of Song.
Definitely Shelvey, he'd be my number one target but more in the Nolan role. I'd probably keep Song to play in Noble's role. Poor old Mark has been way off the pace of late then again so has Song, but a Song at the top of his game is way better than Noble at the top of his.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 808 likes
Total likes: 3025 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Does Alex Song really want to play for West Ham United or does he simply want to live in London ?
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Obiang plays for Sampdoria v Napoli at 7.45 tonight. Live on BT if anyone wants to give the bloke the once over.