✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Yea Why Not »

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote:100% worth reading this pile of :thdn: just to get to the last line:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38635387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
£31m? About right imo?!
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Yea Why Not wrote:£31m? About right imo?!
Should be at least 4-5 times as much!

I agree - was just a pleasant surprise to see him mentioned at the bottom of the article. The boy from non-league did good.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Kane £122million
Ronaldo £111million
Alli £96million
Martial £81million
Sterling £75million
Bale £73million

:lol:
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2410 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

rtwhufc83 wrote:Are you saying technically he is a good player?? He definately is not! Love him though!
Yup you're right, no technique whatsoever. :P

Back on planet Earth....with Payet on the missing, he's our best player ain't he? After that second half performance, I'm wondering whether a Gareth Bale-esque switch from winger to do whatever-you-like-free-role-behind-the-striker might be in order? Could be absolutely devastating in that role.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2410 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Ben wrote: Baffles me that some people claim he has bad control, like Ive said on here it's just a myth!
Yup. Very good close control whether receiving the ball in tight or running at full pelt. The best thing about him is that he has the confidence and bravery to try all those little tricks and turns. Of course they're not always going to come off but he never stops trying to beat his man which is quite a rare trait. There are lots of very talented footballers that lose confidence if they lose possession a couple of times early in a game and disappear. Not Mike. There is a weakness in his passing sometimes, I'll concede that but the third goal on Saturday shows that he can find that in his locker too on occasion. He's sort of a poor man's John Barnes - and I mean that as a massive compliment. One of the most exciting, dynamic players I've ever seen in a West Ham shirt.
Last edited by Morocco Mole on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Been saying for months and months now (as I'm sure many others have) that he needs to play as high up the pitch as possible to get the best out of him - especially when Carroll is up top. Please please please
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

southendmadhammer wrote: Please please please
Can you fix it for me .

Thanks Jimmy :o
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

In a World where the cringeworthy bad rapper and embarrassingly ungangster Yannick Bolasie can go for 30m Antonio must be worth at least 45m. That might sound ridiculous but with Antonio you know exactly what you're going to get, 45m isn't a gamble for someone who gives what he does.

7m :D nobody's laughing now are they?
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Kane £122million
Ronaldo £111million
Alli £96million
Martial £81million
Sterling £75million
Bale £73million

:lol:
Eric Dier £61m hahahahahha
TSmitty
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by TSmitty »

Ain't he G-G-G-Great.
He's better up front but I don't care as long as he's on the pitch somewhere.
Technical Smecnical If they ever teach him to play football we're screwed, he's the wildest wildcard I've seen in years.
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

If he was a top dollar player we wouldn't have his services. Thank god he isn't. 8-)
Snow White

Post by Snow White »

Apparently had flu and was playing despite a temperature of 38.4.

Let it be a lesson to all you men - man flu doesn't kill and doesn't keep a man like Antonio down!

He gives it his all week in week out.
Never quite sure where is is playing and neither is he but wherever it is one thing we can be sure of is that he will give 100% always!

Coyi
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

His technical ability and touch are very good.

What he needs to work on, and what I believe the posters saying he doesn't have technique are referring to, is one touch play and interchange. Improve that and it'll open a whole new side to his game.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Morocco Mole wrote:[There is a weakness in his passing sometimes, I'll concede that but the third goal on Saturday shows that he can find that in his locker too on occasion.
Spot on Moley! That pass was nearly as good as Lanzini's finish. He pretty much bent the ball along the ground into Lanzini's path between the defenders.

His only real weakness is consistency with that final ball. At the moment, he seems like he gets it right once or twice out of ten times but, this season at least, that's once or twice more often than anyone else. Mind you, as others have said, if he could it every time, he wouldn't be wearing a West Ham shirt.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Not every player on the team needs to be a master at tippy tappy pass and move.
Antonio has skills that cannot be measured.
He is the walking, talking, cast-iron embodiment of West Ham United rolled up in a footballer

Our club is a far far better place for him being in it, and for that reason he is priceless IMHO
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Not every player on the team needs to be a master at tippy tappy pass and move.
Antonio has skills that cannot be measured.
He is the walking, talking, cast-iron embodiment of West Ham United rolled up in a footballer

Our club is a far far better place for him being in it, and for that reason he is priceless IMHO
Bingo!

:thup:

Edit The pass to Lanzini was a cracker, Mike has a little look up and threads it perfect line and weight.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

This thread is a celebration of our humble warrior, if you have anything remotely negative to say about this beautiful specimen kindly do so elsewhere!

I f**king love you Iron Mic :scarfer:
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Had to wait for his chance in the first team but grabbed it with both hands. He may lack a little bit of finesse but more than makes that up with his attitude and determination. Love the guy.
Getting off his sickbed for the Palace game where he was superb and got 3 assists should be a lesson to all the prima donnas out there.
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

I was reading an article about Chelsea being linked to Adama Traore and one of the tweets they should claimed Traore was better than Antonio!

Great performance against Palace though - 3 assists in 18 minutes, watching the goals back, it's actually really great play from the big man, I'd like to see him and Carroll uptop together from the start at Boro.
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

Benayoun, Payet, Lanzini, Berkovich, Di Michele, Sheringham, Berkovich, Di Canio. Lots of players in the prem era with superb vision to spot and pick a defence unlocking pass.

Antonio played one of the most simple through balls that could be played. Palace's defence at that point was an absolute joke as we countered with only one defender retreating to the half way line, and he was facing the wrong way too. Should have been facing into the field to be able to spot runners, and would have made it easier to intercept the through ball.

Superb vision it certainly wasn't, but it was definitely perfectly weighted for Lanzini.

FWIW, he's probably my favourite player. Reading here though, you'd think we had an Iniesta, Silva or Eriksen on our books. :eh: