Transfer Window: January 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Re: Transfer Window: January 2017

Post by Peaches »

Gold tweeting that Swansea will not sell for less than 30m. If that is the case I would rather go for Pxlade Chamberlain.
I also think Jacob Murphy and Will Hughes would cost less than that Conbined, and are probably already as good and have the potential to be much better
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Dont we have loads of cash from the takeover?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1307 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Peaches wrote:Gold tweeting that Swansea will not sell for less than 30m. If that is the case I would rather go for Pxlade Chamberlain.
I also think Jacob Murphy and Will Hughes would cost less than that Conbined, and are probably already as good and have the potential to be much better

Don't think David Gold has said anything of the sort.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Silvan Widmer - thank me later Daves ;)
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

His last tweet is about shutting the Jan transfer window.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5671 likes
Total likes: 3086 likes

Post by MB »

steveyrockstar wrote:
to be fair, I can't see why Marseille would want to pay £35m - £40m for a player that they'd valued and sold for £10.5m only 18 months ago. But that's exactly how much we should be selling Payet for in the current transfer market, when players like Ben Davies are being rated at £20m in the press. And especially if Gylfi, a great replacement, is going to cost £26m.
But that is the UK to UK market. Outside of half a dozen European clubs, no one pays the kind of fees English clubs do (ignoring China).

It is a two tier system so you cannot compare. It does mean we will get stiffed if we shop for a replacement from the premier league.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

bristolhammerfc wrote:jacko"]I don't think Bristol is saying they are going to sack him. He's saying that if they don't value his judgement then get rid of him? At least that's how i interpreted it.
IMHO

Slav has proved to be far more resilient and far smarter than they anticipated and has made it very difficult for them to sack him or to pin the majority of the blame for this seasons under performance on him.

Slav has made mistakes and that is undeniable but he's clearly a lot less abrasive and a lot more astute and likeable than BFS.

I can't see them taking the risk of replacing him and expect that they'll bring in at least some of the players needed but will always fall short as they hate spending money.
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 493 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

Having signed all the major contenders for the Ballon D'oh! award in the summer, I think we could do worse than hold on to our cash unless a proper right back or striker becomes available. I'm not being complacent but I'm confident that there are more than three teams that are worse than us so we're not going down.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 351 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Peaches wrote:Gold tweeting that Swansea will not sell for less than 30m. If that is the case I would rather go for Pxlade Chamberlain.
Of course they won't because it's January and clubs don't want to sell their best players and, if any other club is desperate enough for them, they will hold out for top dollar - exactly what we should be doing to Marseilles.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Georgee Paris wrote:I reckon we'll sign camera.
OFT wrote:

Well twoDaves certainly know their Titti's

Bravo Sir Bravo :D
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 871 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Peaches wrote:Gold tweeting that Swansea will not sell for less than 30m.
Funny that, given that SSN reporting that we are prepared to sell Payet for £30-£35M. Coincidence? I think not.
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

You can't be in that stadium and be happy to stay up and to save money, we've got to start using these transfer windows to show real intent to step upto the other clubs who have 55000+ capacities to fill.

You can only start being frugal until you have a one in one out squad policy, we haven't even got a full squad with every position having decent competition.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Just get Hogan for now and bed him in with a few of the youngsters for the rest of this meaningless season.

Go again in the summer and do proper business.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Do we really need a new winger/attacking mid? We've got Antonio, Ayew, Feghouli, Fernandes and Lanzini

Rather spend the Payet money on a striker and right back
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 480 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Gep wrote:Kasper Dolberg from Ajax. I'm sure he wouldn't turn us down.
The kid is a huge prospect. Will be a top top striker in a few years. Seems to be a good lad too.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Gep wrote:Kasper Dolberg from Ajax. I'm sure he wouldn't turn us down.
I bet you he would, and furthermore ajax wouldn't sell him now..building a good team over there in amsterdam and they'll want to keep him for at least another 2 years.
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

We would be crazy if we sold Payet for less than £30M.....which we will do.

The prospect of replacing Payet with someone like Sigurdsson (although a good player) without having a penny to spare is utter madness.

To think Payet was one of the star players in last years PL and in the Euro's.....and now considering bids or around £20M :thdn:

Don't sell him, keep him with the U23's if he's too stubborn. Eventually we will get a better offer in the summer. If not, too bad, we had a good right laugh in that case.
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

By the way: to have another look at the 'asset' valuation of Payet:

It's not about how much he's worth to us (which is currently not too much), but it's about how much he's worth to other clubs.

He would give an enormous quality injection to any team, that's for sure.
Ok, his attitude may not be the best. But Balotelli went for big fees as well, and all teams knew what they were getting!

We still have the cards in our hands, not the other way around.
bobo

Post by bobo »

I like that Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth, decent player that lad.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Belgian Iron wrote: Don't sell him, keep him with the U23's if he's too stubborn. Eventually we will get a better offer in the summer. If not, too bad, we had a good right laugh in that case.
Pointless. He'll be getting £125k a week lounging around getting chubbier than he already is and then be half a season away from being 31.

It won't take long for the papers to gain sympathy for his "plight" and we'll get more negative **** filtering down to the players.

Sell him for £25m, double our money and never look back.