Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Al Fisti
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Al Fisti »

thejackhammer wrote:
I think he’ll lap it up and put them to the sword.
:thup:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2013 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Al Fisti wrote:I´m curious about Saturday. Arni will get massive abuse at the Britannia. People there never will forgive him his leaving.
Do you run his fan club? :)
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Stoke fans told us about this before he arrived, and I feel we are yet to heed the advice.

He will have good games and bad games. I know, that's true with many players, but they told us clearly he has days where he's unplayable and others when he's useless. I think we've seen that clearly so far.

So, we need to use him carefully, perhaps not starting him every match, or bringing him off if he's having an off day.

Having said that, of course after his performance on Saturday he has to start on Wednesday.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

He looks hungry recently rather than he did under Slav, hopefully it continues. Saturday he needs to keep his head, he is a fiery lad, respond to the critics by having a good game and not doing anything stupid.

If he was consistent he wouldn't be here and be at a top club, as the talent is there it just shows every few games or so.
Al Fisti

Post by Al Fisti »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
Do you run his fan club? :)
No, I´m from Austria and just enjoy to watch the best football player of our country playing in the best league of the world. :wink:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2013 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Al Fisti wrote:
No, I´m from Austria and just enjoy to watch the best football player of our country playing in the best league of the world. :wink:
Don't take it personally when he gets criticism. Until recent weeks he's been poor for us. We expected a little more at this stage, and maybe he'll come good on a regular basis......lets hope so?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Perhaps he'll flourish under Moyes's stewardship. Not every player will, but there's every chance that Arnie will get the best out of himself under a controlling manager. I certainly hope so, because if he keeps up this workrate - off and on the pitch - he could well become a pivotal player for us.

Or maybe Stoke were right all along, and he's only willing or able to do it in patches. Who knows?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Talented player, but can he do it on a wet Wednesday evening in Stoke?
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Talented player, but can he do it on a wet Wednesday evening in Stoke?
:thup:
Estuary
Has liked: 365 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

Looks like it matters to him to be a fans favorite. Well there's only one way of that happening, I sincerely hope he cracks it.
Al Fisti

Post by Al Fisti »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
Don't take it personally when he gets criticism. Until recent weeks he's been poor for us. We expected a little more at this stage, and maybe he'll come good on a regular basis......lets hope so?
You´re right, he has been poor almost the whole season, and he has deserved the abuse - but not against Leicester, which Moyes has conirmed in his comments after the match. That´s why i have reacted to some untruth critic here.

I have followed the carreer of Arnautovic since he joined Inter many years ago, and believe me, he has gotten much unfair critic in his football life.....very much - especially within the four years in Germany, where he was the bogeyman for some bloody newspapers (BILD for example).

It´s funny, but also disappointing, how stereotypes about Arni, soon infiltrate a board. I´ve read here very often that people "know from their Stoke informants" that "Arni has only one good game of five....the rest he is crap". That´s a fairy tale of all his critics, who had given Arni massive abuse during his first months at Stoke, and still haven´t accepted, that they have been wrong.

Of course he has some reasonable games as well, where he isn´t the match winner. He has a strong body and maintains many balls in the offensive, as well as a superb technique on the ball. Further he is not lazy and does defensive work as well, which has already proven in a West Ham shirt.

Sorry, if i have exaggerated, but i know what Arni is capable of, if people love him.

I know Arni has to deliver more....and he will :crest:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Are you *sure* you're not his agent, Mister Fisti?
Al Fisti

Post by Al Fisti »

DasNutNock wrote:Are you *sure* you're not his agent, Mister Fisti?
Yes, i´m very sure. I don´t know Arni personally. As i have said, just an Austrian guy, who likes to watch Arni play, as many of other Austrians. In native soccer boards of Austria, we like to discuss Arni´s performance in England week for week. :wink:
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 545 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Walking red card at Stoke away... request a bet, Arnautovic to score and get sent off.
If I had a

Post by If I had a »

Picked up by a taxi driver the other night who is mates with Arnautovic. He said prior to the Everton game Arnie asked him to collect his favourite barber from Stoke and drive him to the team hotel. Once there the guy cut half the teams hair. Clearly didn't do us any good that weekend but points to a guy who is very popular within the squad and not some brooding outsider. I loved seeing him score at the weekend and think we will now see the best of this guy
wasserburg_hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by wasserburg_hammer »

If I had a wrote:guy who is very popular within the squad and not some brooding outsider. I loved seeing him score at the weekend and think we will now see the best of this guy
Ditto but he just doesn't strike me as the party man. Perhaps he's easier on the ear in German but I reckon I'd fall asleep if he talked to me for two minutes or more (yep, call me fickle).

Having said that, if he scores the winner against the Arse on Wednesday I'd volunteer to clean his scrotum :crest:
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

Looks like Moyes was right to shame him in public after all. Has been a different player since. :thup:
His legs have gone
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by His legs have gone »

Al Fisti wrote:
Honestly Austria's best? Better than Alaba? Glad he seems to be getting into his stride now!
Al Fisti

Post by Al Fisti »

His legs have gone wrote:
Honestly Austria's best? Better than Alaba? Glad he seems to be getting into his stride now!
Yes, he is better than Alaba. Alaba is a world class left defender, but Arni is the better football player and has been more valuable for the Austrian National Team in recent years than Alaba.

The most Austrians would confirm that.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

wasserburg_hammer wrote: Having said that, if he scores the winner against the Arse on Wednesday I'd volunteer to clean his scrotum :crest:
If only we could get this message directly to him, I'm sure he would put in extra special effort.