We will sign (Bowyer) 'Bowyer signs, official!'

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Lee Bowyer for under a mill ...

Poll ended at Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:37 am

Sign him up Pards
52%
No thankyou
48%

Total votes: 279

James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Royston: Republic d'Essex wrote:our biggest hero of the past ten years is, by his own joyous declaration, a fascist.
Steve Potts is a fascist??

:shock:
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

He isn't Nobles cousin former youth player Ian Tucker was.
Another myth like the fact that he will rejoin us.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

Philosophical Dan wrote: To be honest, last time I went in McD's, I wanted to lob a few chairs round. HATE it when I get a sloppily assembled Big Mac.
Yeah, bastards! Sometimes it looks as if they've just THROWN the nuggets into the box and just don't get me going on Filet o'fish :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Will you post a 500 essay of why Teddy Sheringham is a cracking player and bloke if this does not happen then?
Well Major? :wink:
Last edited by Harveys_HammersLH on Tue May 23, 2006 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

clawhammer wrote: Yeah, bastards! Sometimes it looks as if they've just THROWN the nuggets into the box and just don't get me going on Filet o'fish :lol:
I could really do with a McD's now. Shame I stopped eating them about a decade ago.
P.G TIPS A.Pe

Post by P.G TIPS A.Pe »

Top player. would be an excellent signing. We only had him when he was 70% fit
Derby Hammer
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Derby Hammer »

Arch Dandy wrote: Newton called you a chinky.
I've just spat chunky kit kat crumbs onto my monitor reading that. :lol: :niceone:

I've got to say, Bowyer could be a useful signing though, we need strength in depth and he's definitely no worse than what we have at the moment.

I was a bit miffed when he was with us last time though, when he was "recovering from injury" and trying to get back to fitness and there was a photo of him in the Sun fishing section holding a big f*ck off carp he'd caught whilst on a fishing holiday to France!!
Welling

Post by Welling »

What a load of of old cack :lol:

Signing Bowyer would be like signing Don Hutchinson - A ****ing waste of money :evil:

And as for being Racist it is spelt RACIST not RASCIST you illiterate darkies. Learn the bloody Queens English! :wink:
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

MB wrote:I'd be happy with that. Perfect player for Reo Coker to learn from (on the pitch), suits our high tempo game and has European experience.

Cue, 20 posts about him being racist and crap based on his short spell under Roeder...
The facts(as I see them)

Bowyer is a decent player, and could add depth and experience to our squad. He can also play well on the right of midfield, which is one place we need to strengthen.

In his previous time at the club, he played despite being injured. Not many players would do that, and to judge him as a player based on his form at West Ham, is wrong, as he was injured. He did excellently at Leeds, and as stated, towards the end of last season, started to show some of that form again.

I've never met the guy, so who am I to judge his morals/character?

The incident at Leeds was a very unsavoury one, but he was found not guilty. Other incidents reported in the press may have substance, or may be complete fiction. I don't know.

So it comes back to the same old bottom line. As a player, I'd happily take him. As a character, I'd happily let Pardew run his eye over the player, and then go along with his decision. If he feels he would add to our squad, then I'd agree. The same way if Pards thought he would disrupt the feeling in the squad, I'd go along with that too
ukchrish
Total likes: 1 like

Post by ukchrish »

Would have said yes at the start of last season - I'm not so sure he's what we need now though. Has never recreated his form from Leeds imo
Northern Paulo
Punster extraordinaire

Post by Northern Paulo »

I just find it strange that Teddy is still detested by some on here for comments he allegedly made about us, but those same people would welcome a thug back with open arms. :?

That aside, there's no doubt he has some qualities we may need on the pitch.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

Welling your a two bob **** :wink:

I was out with my West Ham 1st Team player mate (yes mate) Your jealous i know you are.

And he said what i have written, if you choose not to believe it thats fine by me, but dont ever call me a darkie to fuckstick :lol:
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Well Major? :wink:
He's still trying to work out what a 500 easy is ;)
Welling

Post by Welling »

Major wrote:Welling your a two bob c*nt :wink:

I was out with my West Ham 1st Team player mate (yes mate) Your jealous i know you are.

And he said what i have written, if you choose not to believe it thats fine by me, but dont ever call me a darkie to fuckstick :lol:
Maige, If it's ok to call you that?

I don't care how much your '1st team mate' is paying you to be his bitch and blow him, but telling you stories that are lifted from the currant bun is bang out of order! :wink:

I apologise for calling you a 'darkie to fuckstick', I meant to say 'All round top geezer' :lol:

Yours lovingly,

Welling
:wink:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I'd be pleased.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

Welling wrote: Maige, If it's ok to call you that?

I don't care how much your '1st team mate' is paying you to be his bitch and blow him, but telling you stories that are lifted from the currant bun is bang out of order! :wink:

I apologise for calling you a 'darkie to fuckstick', I meant to say 'All round top geezer' :lol:

Yours lovingly,

Welling
:wink:

I'm touched!!

Mentally touched :wink:
I am law

Post by I am law »

PavlovsDog wrote: i know the justice system has its faults,but remember he was found 'not guilty'
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jigga
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Jigga »

One of Newcastle's best players last year. FACT :lol:

I have many geordie mates from when I use to live up there and they said he was played brilliantly under roeder!?!?!?!?

Good signing, certainly for the fee quoted.
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

If he can find anywhere close to the form he was showing 4/5years ago then it's a snip. Personally I don't think he will ever be the same player again. I'd love to be proved wrong if we do sign him though.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Even if he was found guilty of attacking a Pakistani, that still wouldnt make him a racist.
I'd have him back at that price.