We will sign (Bowyer) 'Bowyer signs, official!'

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Lee Bowyer for under a mill ...

Poll ended at Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:37 am

Sign him up Pards
52%
No thankyou
48%

Total votes: 279

Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

What I want most is a very good player who will work hard for the team and make us a better unit. Must be good in the dressing room.If he can do that then I will be happy. Lets face it everyone of us works with someone who has conflicting views to us on certain things, we can make their lives a misery or we can get on with it. I am not trivialising racism which is a cancer which must be cut out of society but he was found not guilty, and working under this shady old justice system I have to go along with that.
I am law

Post by I am law »

BTW if anybody's interested, the conviction that Bowyer got as a teenager arose out of an incident at the McD's that is just off the Limehouse link. He was still at the Valley at the time of the incident, but was a Leeds player by the time he was sentenced.

IIRC, he pleaded guilty to a public order act offence after being arrested for smashing up the inside of the restaurant. I accept that he was pissed at the time, but the violence started because he refused to be served by a non-white member of staff.

This was before the changes in the law that

1. Led to "racially aggravated offences" being charged
2. Led to a jury in a future trial knowing about background, so called "bad character provisions".

Its speculation, of course, but would he have been acquitted if the Hull jury had known that he had behaved in a similar fashion before, as a teenager?

I hope that the price for Bowyer doesn't deflect AP etc from other features of this proposed deal.

I for one would be happier if he didn't play for us.
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Re: We will sign

Post by old fart »

Major wrote:Lee Bowyer by next Wednsday

Have been told this by a West Ham 1st team player Fee around 700 k rising to a possible 1.5 mill.

Great signing IMO

This is not a rumour it is fact.
nice one :wink: i take it that you saw yesterdays thread that AP was going to resign aswell !!! :wink:
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

To all those swinging the racist stick around, one of Lee Bowyers best mates is black. FACT. Doesn't mean he's selectively racist, but I doubt he's in the white hood brigade.

P.S Is it racist when we sing "I'd rather be a paki than a scouse" to Liverpool?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

BSB1 wrote:To all those swinging the racist stick around, one of Lee Bowyers best mates is black. FACT. Doesn't mean he's selectively racist, but I doubt he's in the white hood brigade.

P.S Is it racist when we sing "I'd rather be a paki than a scouse" to Liverpool?
Did you know that the statement "I have black/asian mates" is racist... basically it suggests your mates are alright but you can't speak for the rest of them...
It's in the blood
Resident poet Laureate

Post by It's in the blood »

I’d have him back for that money.

Suppose we’ll see the protests outside Upton Park again now about bringing a racist into an ethnic community. Twats, 99% of the ethnic locals have never set foot in Upton Park and are never likely too with or without Bowyer. :roll:
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Major »

BSB1 wrote:To all those swinging the racist stick around, one of Lee Bowyers best mates is black. FACT. Doesn't mean he's selectively racist, but I doubt he's in the white hood brigade.

Course it is you fuckin idiot,

True of course but definatley racist,

As for Bowyer he was a fuckin teenager he was probably trying to look hard in front of his mates and made a bit of a cock of himself, he aint rascist, whereas that italian **** PDC definatley is you seem to love him still.

Lee Bowyer is a mate of my 1st team player mates :lol: ( I know your all jealous) and will be here next week, in fact he is staying at his house on Friday and should sign Monday morning.
So if your out arond Chigwell / Epping way at the weekend you might see him having a few beers.

Mark my words it aint a wind up.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Major wrote:

As for Bowyer he was a fuckin teenager he was probably trying to look hard in front of his mates and made a bit of a cock of himself, he aint rascist, whereas that italian c*nt PDC definatley is you seem to love him still.

Lee Bowyer is a mate of my 1st team player mates :lol: ( I know your all jealous) and will be here next week, in fact he is staying at his house on Friday and should sign Monday morning.
So if your out arond Chigwell / Epping way at the weekend you might see him having a few beers.

Mark my words it aint a wind up.
Does he prefer dry roasted to salted?
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Isn't he on big money up at Newcastle?
I hope we aint offering too much in wages.

I can see this one happening actually......not too sure about it.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Mark my words.
Don't worry I have. :lol:
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

Major wrote:

But isn't the song bigging up pakis?

So what if someones a scouse paki??
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

BSB1 wrote:
So what if someones a scouse paki??
Then i'd feel very sorry for them.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

carnage wrote: Then i'd feel very sorry for them.
Not as sorry as I feel for that loony on Big Brother. Not doing wonders for the image of Pakistanis now, is he..... :lol:
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

wow for 700k its definatly worth the risk, If he gets his form sorted out, you arn't going to find that quality for 700k
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Just got word from one of Lee Bowyer's best mates that Bowyer is on holiday in France at the moment.
And he (the mate) knows nothing about the transfer.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Just got word from one of Lee Bowyer's best mates that Bowyer is on holiday in France at the moment.
And he (the mate) knows nothing about the transfer.
My Pakistani mate on big brother said you know **** all.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Can you imagine the scene in the dressing....

Bowyer "For fcuks sake Marlon play some decent music instead of that black rap ****"

Silence.............. :shock:

:lol:
Last edited by hammerdivone on Tue May 23, 2006 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

hammerdivone wrote:Can you imagine the scene in the dressing....

Bowyer "For fcuks sake Marlon place some decent music instead of that black rap sh*t"

Silence.............. :shock:

:lol:
Sounds a bit fishy to me...
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Going to put my trust in Pards on this one.

If we did sign him, them fair enough, a good squad player. If not, then I wont be too bothered.
WhamBamZam

Post by WhamBamZam »

[quote="Herts Iron"]Going to put my trust in Pards on this one.

If we did sign him, them fair enough, a good squad player. If not, then I wont be too bothered.[/quote]

Ditto. He'll hopefully be a decent squad player for us. I don't see him knocking Mullins out of the side cos Hayden's probably one of our best players.