We will sign (Bowyer) 'Bowyer signs, official!'

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Lee Bowyer for under a mill ...

Poll ended at Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:37 am

Sign him up Pards
52%
No thankyou
48%

Total votes: 279

Rob from Erith

Bowyer

Post by Rob from Erith »

Every time I think Pardew is getting it right he ****'s up - when Bowyer became available it should have been a case of not with a bargepole! Lets hope if the racist(proven) nasty little **** (also proven) has an on pitch ruck with one of his teammates this season lets hope its with big Marlon who would knock him spark out!
As a player Bowyer is an underachiever - a wasted talent who has always struck me as showing all the worst aspects of todays players -ie an arrogant mercenary.If he came here 3 years ago to 'help us out' its the sort of help we could do without - unless Pardew thought what we were missing in the side last season was a racist knobhead!
****ing disgrace!
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

I cant belive all this crap that has been posted about one of OUR own he supports the same club as us, so I for one will be cheering his name not only cos he plays for my team but cos he also supports my team.

We are a football club and our business is to win football games and get as high in the league and cups as possible and with better players we should achieve that so who cares what their alleged past is as long as they make us better as a team I couldnt care
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Bowyer

Post by w4hammer »

Rob from Erith wrote:Every time I think Pardew is getting it right he ****'s up - when Bowyer became available it should have been a case of not with a bargepole! Lets hope if the racist(proven) nasty little sh*t (also proven) has an on pitch ruck with one of his teammates this season lets hope its with big Marlon who would knock him spark out!
As a player Bowyer is an underachiever - a wasted talent who has always struck me as showing all the worst aspects of todays players -ie an arrogant mercenary.If he came here 3 years ago to 'help us out' its the sort of help we could do without - unless Pardew thought what we were missing in the side last season was a racist knobhead!
f*cking disgrace!
I'm about half a pint of not bothered either way...dont particularily like him, but that can be said for half of todays bling-bling footballers....i'll pass my judgement at the end of the season...if he doesn't sweat his ass off, or causes disharmony, thats pard's job, so let him get on with it.

a free xfer? he could be a steal....my major concern isnt that he doesnt wear cacks or underwear :eh: its that he seems very injury prone(well who wasnt at the barcodes!)...if we can get him fit, the extra grit and option that he might give us in midfield, protect the back four better- yeah on balance, I;ll take him
eddie_whufc
Location: Anywhere Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud eases her bikini top off

Post by eddie_whufc »

Major wrote:Local community work?? do me a favour.
That came out wrong.

I meant just show his face at local schools once in a while, sign a few autographs, meet with the fans etc. He's probably one of them most unpopular footballers in the country due to his track record (yes he was found innocent of a racist assault and i don't count that as amongst his negatives) and Pards has thrown him a lifeline. He needs to earn respect.
Awbis

Post by Awbis »

Rob from Erith wrote:Every time I think Pardew is getting it right he ****'s up - when Bowyer became available it should have been a case of not with a bargepole! Lets hope if the racist(proven) where? nasty little sh*t (also proven) again where? has an on pitch ruck with one of his teammates this season lets hope its with big Marlon who would knock him spark out!
f*cking disgrace!
[

Unless you actually know this guy I suggest you keep unsubstantiated comments such as this to yourself. If it was proven how the hell was he found innocent ( you cabn find this word in the dictionary if you do not know what this means.)of the charges?

Once again lets ignore his footbaling ability and slag him off with blinkerd, unsupported and generally mis informed garbage.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

sign a few autographs
I've got a program from his first game for us (against Newcastle) and a picture of him from his first game for us both signed. Quite good with the fans when it comes to having photos, signing autographs and so on.
Faded & Dead

Post by Faded & Dead »

Where do you draw the line anyway? Someone mentioned earlier in the topic that Di Canio is a fascist...and a legend at the Boleyn. I enjoyed cheering on Gascoigne in his pomp for England...you know the wife beating Gazza. I still enjoy listening to The Who.....you know with the bloke who wrote '(Prepubescent) Pictures of Lilly'. And, heaven forbid, I've been known to clap Sheringham when he does alright for us.
blowb

Post by blowb »

Bowyer is an all action midfielder, can score a few goals and is versatile. he is an england Player and is still only 29.
He has had some high profile bust ups and needs a period of stability after a few bad headlines.

Paolo Di Canio was almost hounded out of football after shoving a ref over, he is as it turns out a bit of a political nut case too, He cam to west ham and was one of our all time legends.

Bowyers fine. Trust Pards, he knows what he is doing and wouldn't break the team spirit. He got rid of James cos he wouldn't play paintball with em!
blowb

Post by blowb »

Bowyer is an all action midfielder, can score a few goals and is versatile. he is an england Player and is still only 29.
He has had some high profile bust ups and needs a period of stability after a few bad headlines.

Paolo Di Canio was almost hounded out of football after shoving a ref over, he is as it turns out a bit of a political nut case too, He cam to west ham and was one of our all time legends.

Bowyers fine. Trust Pards, he knows what he is doing and wouldn't break the team spirit. He got rid of James cos he wouldn't play paintball with em!
WHUFC TILL I DIE
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by WHUFC TILL I DIE »

Before he's even kicked a ball this has been a brilliant signing - the PC brigade are up in arms, infact some of them are threatening not to go to games anymore! Get in.

Pardew, now lets sign up Di Canio - surely an ageing Paolo is better than a 40 year old yiddo :lol:

I think overall the reaction has been about right, people seem to think he's a good signing, have a slight concern as to wether it will affect our excellent team spirit. Personally I'll trust the manager on his judge of character & ability to get him to gel with the team.

Amusing that there seems to be an automatic presumption from some that have never met him that Lee is some sort of hitler youth, largely based on a case & following media frenzy where he was found innocent & Woodgate found guilty (yet Woody can continue to be seen as "alright" & fine to play at madrid or the England team with black players). Im not saying he's an angel, but calm down some of you, its a bit absurd if you think about it.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

WHUFC TILL I DIE wrote:Amusing that there seems to be an automatic presumption from some that have never met him that Lee is some sort of hitler youth.............
If it's good enough for the Pope! :lol:
Fry

Post by Fry »

stockwell pete wrote:I will now be boycotting the club while this racist twat is on our books. :twisted:
Oh please do be quiet!

Where were you during the Di Canio era? outside the front gates demanding a protest? no you where probably in your seat chearing him everytime he scored.

Bowyer is no different he is going to be a class act. Pardew will definately not put up with any of his **** and he knows this.

Why do people think hes a bad signing before hes even walked on to the pitch?! We all thought it was risky buying some italian hot head who pushes over refs but he turned out to be a legend so in all honesty keep the 'bowyer out' opinions quiet until weve seen him play.
blowb

Post by blowb »

Fry wrote:
Yeah, I bet you have got a beard!
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Rob from Erith wrote:Every time I think Pardew is getting it right he ****'s up -
Shows what you know then!

No matter what you think of Bowyers as a person, what Pardew has acheived whilst at the club is undeniable. I'd trust HIS judgement. He's earnt that much surely?
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

A slight side issue, but I cannot think of many players that would divide supporters so much (going by the poll here).

Should that have been a consideration of Pards?

FWIW - I did not want him here, I still don't, but while he is our player we should back him. I am not going to sing his name, but we better get used to it?
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Rob from Erith wrote:Every time I think Pardew is getting it right he ****'s up - when Bowyer became available it should have been a case of not with a bargepole! Lets hope if the racist(proven) nasty little sh*t (also proven) has an on pitch ruck with one of his teammates this season lets hope its with big Marlon who would knock him spark out!
f*cking disgrace!
You're a bit of a drama queen aren't you? Give the bloke a break for f*ck sake and get off the back of Pardew while you're at it. The gaffer knows what he is doing and that's good enough for me.

So long as Bowyer does the business on the pitch and does the right thing by the club, that will do me.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Claretdave wrote:
FWIW - I did not want him here, I still don't, but while he is our player we should back him. I am not going to sing his name, but we better get used to it?
Fair point, well put!

I don't like the guy (from what I've read, heard and seen), but then again as I've never met him, who am I to judge

But the bottom line is what he does on the pitch. We were looking for an option on the right of midfield, that would give us quality, yet a bit more bite than Yossi. Sounds like we got what we were looking for!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Thinking about it, we now have 2 players who can play in each spot in midfield, as Yossi can play any where, and Bowyer can play right or centre.

All we need now is Luke Young, maybe a goalie if Carroll isn't gonna be reliable next year, and maybe a decent right winger and we're sorted.

:niceone:
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

Claretdave wrote:A slight side issue, but I cannot think of many players that would divide supporters so much (going by the poll here).

Should that have been a consideration of Pards?

Lilly?
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

you might want to look at the barcodes message boards- they are all very pissed off and cant believe that they've got rid of bowyer for nowt, to make room for butt coming back in from brum and swank around (not) earning his 50K a week, and to lighten the wage bill to pay for 80k a week/g5games a season Dyer........

now that is a fukd up club..

lets wait and see what he does shall we?