Jermain Defoe - a poll

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Defoe - would you have him back at West Ham?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:26 am

Yes please
64%
Not flaming likely
25%
I dunno
10%

Total votes: 441

Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Re: Jermain Defoe - a poll

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Voted yes as he is one of the best finishers in the game, seems to have matured and has publically apologised for his judas antics....
NE hammer

Post by NE hammer »

Maybe a childish view but I wouldn't have him back for what he did.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

yes please
whatever anyone says on here defoe is better than bellamy and a far more prolific scorer
won't happen though
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

myladswill wrote: he didn't take any responsibility over the relegation at all.
I'm not his greatest fan but I think that's a bit harsh. He was a teenager playing as a lone striker for half a season when he was probably expecting to be eased slowly into first team action. Ok so the transfer request was shameful (but I suspect that was more to do with his advisers than him) and I felt like hanging myself after WBA but we'd have been down a lot sooner without him. He worked his butt off in the relegation season. I wish others had put in half his effort.

Frankly if I were at a company where incompetant directors and lazy colleagues made me worry about my future I'd be looking for a new job too.

With regard to the main question I'm not really sure how well he'd fit into the squad at the moment really but if he showed the cojones to sign, knowing the reaction he'd get, I'd be williong to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Pidge

Post by Pidge »

why do i have a gut feeling he will go to Villa?
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Pidge wrote:why do i have a gut feeling he will go to Villa?

Because, they like spurs a few season ago, are linked with every player in the world that is looking for a move/been told that they can leave :lol:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Pidge wrote:why do i have a gut feeling he will go to Villa?
Because they are the kings of the England fringe players.

Young, Agbonlahor, Barry, Reo-Coker, Carson...

Defoe would fit in perfectly.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

I'd prefer Bent - has more ability.
Pidge

Post by Pidge »

i think he is a total mug sitting on the bench at Spurs. Why is he content to just sit there and play a bit part. Dont get me wrong i dont what the c**t anywhere near West Ham but he could be first choice striker at any number of clubs in this league.

and his bird is a thick scouse whore
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

myladswill wrote:No from me, I couldn't bear to see the snivelling little runt in a West Ham shirt again. He's shown us before how little fighting spirit he's got, he's burned his bridges as far as i'm concerned by putting in a transfer request the second we were relegated...
Don't disagree with you mate but go look at West Ham a few years back and you will see another prominent player did exactly the same thing right after relegation, a lad by the name of Alan Curbishley.
StiffUpper
Total likes: 1 like

Post by StiffUpper »

Yes, but I think he'll go to a club where he's defo the first choice striker.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

davids cross wrote:Although Defoe says he wants to stay, when any manager says you can go it's the end of you at that club.
Because he is a greedy little Boy who wants to see out his reamining contract then ona Bosman meaning big $$$ in his wage packet for his next move..

Whore !!!!

But i voted that i'd have him back cos he's a ****ing good Player !! :wink:
westhamben

Post by westhamben »

yes yes yes yes yes please!!!!!!!

the guy can score, he is a jumped up little ****, but most english players are!
buy him, buy him now!
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by smuts »

Don't like the guy and I think he is the type of player who will never strike up a decent partnership with anyone.....I would prefer Bellamy's iffy stomach to sort itself out to be honest.....
MK HAMMER
Location: Believe in me, cos I dont believe in anything and I wanna be someone to believe, to believe in.
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MK HAMMER »

StiffUpper wrote:Yes, but I think he'll go to a club where he's defo the first choice striker.
ahahah very good that!
polar
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by polar »

Not for me thanks, we need players who want to play for us.

Prefer to stick with Bellamy.
hammerbenj

Post by hammerbenj »

Man City Anyone?

from what i remember, ericsson stuck by him when he wasn't playing.

can't see curbs being interested personally.
Si the Pie

Post by Si the Pie »

We need someone who can score half chances. In some games you don't get many opportunities and you need to take those that you get. We'd be higher in the league if we had this sort of player. Bellamy would be close to this but he has obviously been out a lot. Defoe would be this sort of player. He could be massive for us. Yes I hate the bloke for going to Tottscum but i'd like him if he went from Tottscum to West Ham!! Does that make me a bit fickle? Hell yes!! But then again it's a fickle game. When Cottee joined Everton he got booed when he came on as sub for them that famous night in the FA Cup quarter final. When he re-signed we were all delighted and when he left to go to Leicester and came back to play for them everybody was cheering him. Of course he was a lesser player by then (even though the bugger scored in the 4-3 win for us!!) Who sang Ian **** **** **** when he played for Arsenal but then stood up singing Ian Wright Wright Wright when he scored the winner at Hillsborough in his first league game? I did and plenty of others did. Bilic was another who got booed when he came back with Everton but plenty of people were excited at the prospect of him returning until he failed his medical. Defoe is better than most, if not all of, our strikers imo and I want us to win games. (After all i've said I never want to see Ince manage us nor Lampard play for us ever again-and i'm sure I wont)
Supersoulfighter
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Supersoulfighter »

Yes please. What other short, quick strikers do we have apart from Bellamy? Exactly. Yes, Defoe acted like a jumped up little **** when he was with us before, but he's still a quality player and must be able to see the error of his younger ways. Who's to say he isn't as good, if not better, than Bellamy?
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 312 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Im undecided. Defoe is a great player, and is an england squad member to boot. However, his attitude is possibly the worst I have ever seen. He is a narky moody guy who gets in a strop each time he is not in the team. Him and Ashton could be great together, but if both have the same attitude they should not be together