Jermain Defoe - a poll

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Defoe - would you have him back at West Ham?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:26 am

Yes please
64%
Not flaming likely
25%
I dunno
10%

Total votes: 441

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Jermain Defoe - a poll

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Thanks for yesterday Jermaine, much appreciated Mate.. :thup:

He knows where his Bread's buttered, don't worry about that..
gash

Post by gash »

He is a vile little pygmy. No thanks.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

He'll get undeserved respect for playing after the death of his grandparent.. how does that relate to it not overriding his apparent top priority of having a celebratory tee shirt at a time like that?
Pepin

Post by Pepin »

I believe that he is still good enough player and he can play on top level for at least 3 more years.
I have never wanted him back because of his behavour and transfer request back then.
However in our current situation he could help us a lot imo.
And just for the sake of West Ham I am able to accept him back IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT !!!
I do not change my opinions often, but I have changed one in his case. IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT.
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

A small part of me would want him back, but to be honest, I'd be just as happy to see him spend the rest of his career elsewhere.

It's very easy to turn around and praise West Ham when you're 30plus, out of favour and looking to end your career somewhere.

Besides, it's all well and good blaming the agent, but he got himself sent off three times in his first five months in the championship
Pepin

Post by Pepin »

Bryant4114 wrote:A small part of me would want him back, but to be honest, I'd be just as happy to see him spend the rest of his career elsewhere.

It's very easy to turn around and praise West Ham when you're 30plus, out of favour and looking to end your career somewhere.

Besides, it's all well and good blaming the agent, but he got himself sent off three times in his first five months in the championship
No doubt about it.
But he could help us a lot atm and therefore it is maybe time to swallow twice and bring him back.
Maybe.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Ah yes, he's issued a few of these, "sorry for that whole transfer request business" reports before.

Which is fine.

I'm just waiting for the apology for getting his 'dream move' by not trying and getting himself sent off at the start of the 03/04 season.
Pepin

Post by Pepin »

Hammer Laffers wrote: I'm just waiting for the apology for getting his 'dream move' by not trying and getting himself sent off at the start of the 03/04 season.
There were no red card for Defoe in West Ham shirt according to Mirror. :wink:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... am-2676544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;