Lawro at it again !

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

mokum hammer

Re: Lawro at it again !

Post by mokum hammer »

3 points for us - thanks Lawro :thup:
THFC6061

Post by THFC6061 »

Lawro's Prediction for Everton v West Ham United

Everton have started to pick up a bit of form since they lost to Stoke at the start of January. They beat Tottenham, stuffed S****horpe in the FA Cup, and had a very good draw against Liverpool last time out. They should win this one fairly comfortably, too.

The whole situation at West Ham is a mess, and the way that Avram Grant has been treated like a piece of washing in the wind by the Hammers' owners is ridiculous.

They have come out and backed Grant now but why didn't they do that last week? Everyone knows it was because they were hedging their bets over Martin O'Neill taking over.

The Hammers have an awful lot of problems and, with all the messing around behind the scenes, I think they are really going to struggle. Scott Parker, who has been their best player this season, is probably wondering what the heck is going on because it is not the way to run a football club.

We still don't know whose decision it was to sign Wayne Bridge on loan from Manchester City and the Hammers are just not going to be able to get some of the players they want to sign this month because those players won't know who is going to be in charge.

What I will say about Grant is that he has remained extremely dignified in the face of all this speculation over his future. Forget about what you think about him as a manager and whether he can keep West Ham up, he deserves credit because of how he has acted after the way he has been treated.

Prediction: 2-0

Here are all of Lawro's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Law ... 10-11.html
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

Actually I think I prefer his Premier League table.

Quelle surprise, he has Liverpool a lot higher!
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

I had forgotten that Everton beat Slawrohorpe in the Cup.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

johnu175 wrote:I had forgotten that Everton beat Slawrohorpe in the Cup.
Damn! That took a few minutes to cop :lol:
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

johnu175 wrote:I had forgotten that Everton beat Slawrohorpe in the Cup.
Well played Sir! :clap:
mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

totally wrong AGAIN Lawro :x
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Lawro's Prediction for Everton v West Ham United
Prediction: 2-0
Mug.
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Lawro wrote
West Ham v Nottingham Forest (1400 GMT)

The outcome of this one might depend on how low West Ham are after their Carling Cup semi-final defeat by Birmingham on Wednesday.

The Hammers looked like they were in complete control of that tie but they went missing in the second half of the second leg, which was a real worry. Their manager, Avram Grant, seems reluctant to change things around when it needs to be done during a game.

I was at Deepdale to see Forest win at Preston in the last round and was impressed - they are quite strong and quick and I think they will cause West Ham some problems.

Prediction: 1-1
mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

1 right! - the rest? Way off :x
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Lawro wrote
Blackpool v West Ham

Blackpool have lost three in a row by the odd goal and they need to stop the rot. Maybe they are losing a bit of the self-belief they had earlier in the season but, with the way they play at home, they might be too much for West Ham to deal with.

You just don't know what you are going to get from the Hammers, though, and they have become an even harder team to predict than Wigan. They should have won at Everton in the league, played well for half a game against Birmingham in the Carling Cup and scraped past Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup at the weekend.

Prediction 2-1
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

I guess he doesn't think much of our new signings then.
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Lawro wrote:West Ham v Nottingham Forest (1400 GMT)
Prediction: 1-1
Mug.
mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

One right - mug!
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Lawro wrote:Prediction...Blackpool 2-1 West Ham
Mug.
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

Made me laugh when he predicted that Wolves would pull off a surprise result! Based on what? How does one predict a surprise?

What a c***
THFC6061

Post by THFC6061 »

West Ham United v Birmingham City (Sunday, 1330 GMT)

These two sides will be sick of the sight of one another because they have already played each other twice in the last few weeks in the Carling Cup semi-finals.

Birmingham have started shipping goals all over the shop, but at least they have started scoring them as well.

I am still going to back West Ham here, though, after such a good win for them at Blackpool on Wednesday.

The arrival of Robbie Keane has improved the Hammers and they are playing with a bit of confidence right now.

Prediction: West Ham United 2-1 Birmingham City

Lawro has West Ham United in 14th place in the table on 28 points, including his predicted win against Birmingham.

In fact, the Hammers currently in 18th place in the table and have 24 points going into the game against Birmingham City.

Here are all of Mark Lawrenson's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

THFC6061

Post by THFC6061 »

West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United

Michael Appleton will be in charge of West Brom following the sacking of Roberto Di Matteo last week.

I think they were a little bit hasty in getting rid of him to be honest.

Yes, they have had a bad run but at the start of the season they had a really good one and you have to look at the balance between the two.

Their board might have been thinking 'crikey, we can't afford to go back down again', but the thing about West Brom is that they have been a yo-yo club for a while now, so surely it won't be the end of the world if they go down.

That's why I thought they might have held on to Di Matteo.

West Ham?

Well, just as you think they have turned the corner they continually let you down.

That happened again last week when they won at Blackpool then lost at home to Birmingham.

The Hammers just don't look like putting a run together to get out of trouble and I have got a funny feeling that the Baggies will get a win here, which would give their board something else to think about when they consider who to bring in next.

Prediction: West Bromwich Albion 2-1 West Ham United

This would put the Hammers in 14th place in the table on 28 points, according to his predictions for this season.

In fact, West Ham go into the match at the Hawthornes in 20th place on 24 points.

Here are all of Lawro's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

Hopeless!
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Lawro wrote: Prediction: West Bromwich Albion 2-1 West Ham United