Lawro at it again !

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Re: Lawro at it again !

Post by monkeyhanger »

QPR v West Ham (20:00 BST)

I thought QPR were very good in the first half against Tottenham last week. You could see their team coming together and, when they click, they look like they really should be halfway up the table rather than in the relegation zone.

QPR boss Mark Hughes saw Spurs come from behind to beat his side last week
But Rangers ended up losing after having a mad two minutes where Spurs scored twice and they don't seem able to close out a game at the moment - it was a similar story for them against Reading in the Capital One Cup in midweek.

Because of their defensive lapses, QPR boss Mark Hughes probably isn't sure what his best team is but I still fancy them to come out on top in this game.

West Ham have not been great on the road so far this season, being outplayed at Swansea and having to survive quite a bit of pressure to get a point at Norwich, so I am going for QPR to get their first league victory of the season.

Even if they don't, there is no need to press the panic button at Loftus Road but Hughes definitely needs that win too.

It is not as though he is under any real pressure yet but, with all the money he has spent, he has to keep them in the Premier League. I think he will do that comfortably enough but life will definitely be easier for him once he has a win under his belt.

Prediction: 2-0

:evil:
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Jizzbucket.
MrMum

Post by MrMum »

Turtle faced kidney stone!
Bzzz

Post by Bzzz »

Everytime he predicts against us, it gives me confidence.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

monkeyhanger wrote:QPR v West Ham (20:00 BST)

I thought QPR were very good in the first half against Tottenham last week. You could see their team coming together and, when they click, they look like they really should be halfway up the table rather than in the relegation zone.

QPR boss Mark Hughes saw Spurs come from behind to beat his side last week
But Rangers ended up losing after having a mad two minutes where Spurs scored twice and they don't seem able to close out a game at the moment - it was a similar story for them against Reading in the Capital One Cup in midweek.

Because of their defensive lapses, QPR boss Mark Hughes probably isn't sure what his best team is but I still fancy them to come out on top in this game.

West Ham have not been great on the road so far this season, being outplayed at Swansea and having to survive quite a bit of pressure to get a point at Norwich, so I am going for QPR to get their first league victory of the season.

Even if they don't, there is no need to press the panic button at Loftus Road but Hughes definitely needs that win too.

It is not as though he is under any real pressure yet but, with all the money he has spent, he has to keep them in the Premier League. I think he will do that comfortably enough but life will definitely be easier for him once he has a win under his belt.

:evil:
Regardless of his predictions being a pile of cack - he completely contradicts himself in that he spends time listing QPR's many shortcomings including their defensive lapses and in his own words "not being able to close a game out", he admits we coped with the pressure from Norwich away from home and yet still has us down for a loss. Says our away form is poor - one loss and one draw (???), can he really make his mind up after two games ?? It just doesn't make any sense from a logical point of view. Rubber stamps many people's view that the bloke is a twat.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Lawro whats the score 8-)
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Yet another spookily inaccurate prediction from everyone's favourite little helmet flake.
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Lawro wrote
West Ham v Arsenal (17:30 BST)

Sam Allardyce is doing a great job at West Ham and I see this as being an extremely tough test for Arsenal.

Big Sam will thrive on the culture clash between the two sides' playing styles and you can imagine him in the dressing room before the game telling his players that Arsenal are a good side but they want time to play, so get in their faces.

Arsenal have already come up against Stoke this season and the Gunners' new players like Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla might think they are ready for whatever gets thrown at them here.

But, although both teams look to get the ball in your box quickly, the Hammers are far more of a 'hurry and harry' kind of team than Stoke are when they don't have possession.

West Ham's good start to the season means the pressure is off, they don't have to win. And Allardyce knows that, if his team does what he wants them to, they won't be beaten either.

Prediction: 1-1
Lawro also wrote
Stopping Andy Carroll

"Andy Carroll will feature for the Hammers after returning from injury in Monday's win over QPR and I think Per Mertesacker might be the best player to look after him. He is the best talker Arsenal have got at the back, which is what they are missing at the moment. Thomas Vermaelen and Laurent Koscielny are better players but this might be a day to bring Mertesacker back, because Carroll is not going to run in behind him like nippier strikers might."
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

The gentlemans relish receptacle has us down for a draw? Hope for once the soggy wizard sleeve is right!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I see the bicycle seat buffer has us down to win against Southampton.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce will have Andy Carroll fully fit and raring to go and he will see this game as being three points for the taking.
After watching Southampton draw with Fulham, I have to say that although the Saints are good going forward, defensively they are poor.
And Nigel Adkins's side will get a thorough examination at Upton Park, so I can only see one winner.
Southampton are pleasing on the eye and their attacking players are good enough to win them a few games.
But will they win them enough to keep them in the Premier League? I'm not sure, and I don't see them winning many games 1-0 because, defensively, they are average at best.
That's that then :(
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

They usually score..

I would bet on 2 - 1 and 3 - 1
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Lawro wrote: West Ham have made a very good start and their manager Sam Allardyce is showing us again that he knows exactly what he is doing.

Whether he has Andy Carroll or Carlton Cole in attack, they get the ball from back to front quicker than most other teams.

Some of their fans are not happy about that but I don't have a problem with it. They get players up to support their striker and they always look a threat.

Wigan remain an enigma as far as I am concerned.

If you turn up to watch them on one of their good days you would probably be left wondering what they are doing down there in the table.

In terms of quality they should be in mid-table but the problem is you still don't know whether they are going to turn up or not. Also, they switch off too easily.

Like many of the teams who are at the wrong end of the table, the Latics are in for a long, hard season but I think Arouna Kone will play a big part for them, and he could make the difference on Saturday.

Wigan have some very intricate play sometimes but he gives them a more direct and ruthless edge in attack.

Kone is a real no-frills striker - he is quick and strong and it is a case of 'give me a ball and I will get you a goal'. If they keep him fit, he might just be the guy to keep them in the Premier League.

Prediction: 1-0
We're gonna win :raver:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Praises us then says we will lose. :lol:
kesh

Post by kesh »

We should stick these in the official betting thread as tips. Lawro is uncanny.
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

Thanks Lawro you c**t. Three points in the bag for us.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Hoors melt!
_fortunes_

Post by _fortunes_ »

If this bloke was to go down to a rivers edge to ride in a canoe, he would mistake his reflection and hopefully step in and drown. (!)
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

A typically crass opinion from the scrotal wart.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Lawro you terrible **** - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20153171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
West Ham v Man City (17:30 GMT)

This might be a good time to play Manchester City, who have got a big week ahead of them with their must-win Champions League game against Ajax on Tuesday.

I am sure West Ham boss Sam Allardyce will have his team fired up too - they were outplayed by Wigan last week but the last time they didn't turn up in an away game was when they got beaten easily by Swansea at the end of August and they responded by thumping Fulham in their next league match.

I bet training with Big Sam has not been much fun for the Hammers players and I think we will see the same sort of reaction this time too. I don't think they will beat City, but they will give them one heck of a game.

Allardyce is one of those managers who turns a defeat to his advantage by using it to motivate his players, and his teams do not lose consecutive games very often. It has not happened yet this season and I don't think it will happen here.

At the very least they will give the City defence a stern workout and I think Roberto Mancini would be ill-advised to rest any of his players.

City need to concentrate on picking up as many league points as they can - they cannot afford to lose any ground to Chelsea or Manchester United in the title race because they are not playing well enough.

Prediction: 1-1
hammerheadjim
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by hammerheadjim »

Cum dumpster!