Lawro at it again !

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Re: Lawro at it again !

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Thanks Mark, you infuriating little smear of an unspecified vaginal discharge.
Rockhampton Hammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Rockhampton Hammer »

Merchant
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Someone should email a link to this thread to the Beeb. Bet he'd be delighted to hear how much interest people take in his predictions.

The pointless little tw*t.
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Lawro wrote
West Ham v Fulham (12:45 BST)

If you cast your mind back to when Bolton got back into the Premier League under Sam Allardyce, he identified games in different categories and I think he will regard this as a must-win for his Hammers side

There has been more criticism of Allardyce from the West Ham fans this week. This won't go away, and every time they lose he will get it - that is just the way fans are.

But do they want to try to play glorious football and play in the Championship or do they want to eventually establish themselves in the Premier League?

Fulham came very close to claiming a point at Old Trafford last weekend. Mousa Dembele is a big loss for the Cottagers. With Clint Dempsey not playing at the moment it means they have lost two of their outstanding players from last year.

But Martin Jol is a good manager and the club is well run. They are good at home but they need to improve their away form.
Prediction: 2-1
As a bonus, Lawro also shared his thoughts on Matt Jarvis
Matt Jarvis is a good player. You can see what Allardyce is doing. Jarvis will supply the crosses and they will probably sign another big centre forward. They may even have Andy Carroll by the time this game gets played.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Norwich v West Ham (12:45 BST)

West Ham might be missing striker Andy Carroll but they have got a ready made replacement in Carlton Cole. The last time they played away was a defeat at Swansea when they contributed to their own downfall.

We don't know if the non-performance at Swansea was a one-off - this game will tell us more. I can't see them being as bad and gifting so many soft goals as well.

Norwich drew at Tottenham in their last game and were a little unlucky. In that game the pressure was off but the home fans at Carrow Road will be expecting them to beat newly-promoted West Ham.

The second season in the Premier League is always tough and it's games like this that they are going to have to win if they are not going to finish among the bottom three.

Prediction: 1-1

He adds:

Lawro on Andy Carroll

"He did really well for the hour that he played on his West Ham debut. He did well for Liverpool at the end of last season and for England in the summer. It's just bizarre Liverpool let him go without replacing him. It was a ridiculous decision."

Don't necessarily disagree with him, but that by no means stops him from being an absolute helmet-master.
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

I hate to say it, but Lawro has got our first three results (but not the scores - he went for 2-1 each time) right.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

johnu175 wrote:I hate to say it, but Lawro has got our first three results (but not the scores - he went for 2-1 each time) right.
Ever since he learnt to respect us (as I feel he did, following the 2006 FA cup final) I feel he has a pretty good take on us as a club
Before then it seemed he took every opportunity to have a sly dig, but fair play to him, he's seen sense

As pundits go, there are plenty worse than Lawro. He knows his stuff imo, and I actually quite like the miserable sod!
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

We should also have Merson at it again!!, what a bell end!!
This from sky sports.

Fair play to Norwich for bouncing back after a terrible opening to the season.

They got slaughtered at Fulham, but they've done well since then and could have beaten both Tottenham and QPR. I've seen enough from them to think they might be okay this season; I was very impressed against QPR when they were the much better team.

If they can play like that in all of their home games they won't go too far wrong. Robert Snodgrass, Anthony Pilkington and Simeon Jackson all looked lively, but it was a very good team performance all round.

They'll now look at this game as a chance to get their first win. They won't want to go four games without a victory and I think they should beat a West Ham team that looked very patchy in their last away game.

They set up 4-5-1 at Swansea, they didn't really look to win the match and they ended up losing 3-0. In contrast, they flew out of the blocks against Fulham at home and were 2-0 up in no time.

They need to sort out their approach on the road or else it'll put a lot of pressure on their home games. The loss of Andy Carroll is a big blow because his height would have been very useful at Carrow Road, which isn't the biggest of pitches.

Based on Norwich's last home game and West Ham's last away game I think I have to go for a home win here.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

So now we have Paul the Prick or Merse The Merkin.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Or Pull the Pint
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

f*** merson, more of a lawro than lawro. retarded twat
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

I think he has a point on how we approach games on the road though, silly mistakes cost us against swansea but he still set us up way too negatively and didn't seem overly interested in trying to win the game, how we appoach this game will for me determine how we get on, similar set up as the swansea game will see us invite too much pressure on us and we will get beat, an aggressive start which see's us trying to take the game to them a bit and we could easily grab the win, we have the players now to go away and win games like this, he just needs to let them off the leash a bit!!
kesh

Post by kesh »

Rather Lawro then Andy bleeding Townsend.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

merson is a nob of the highest order never going to be 3-0 more like a 1-1 draw, length.
johnu175

Post by johnu175 »

Lawro wrote
West Ham v Sunderland

This will be a feisty and very competitive game.

Even without Andy Carroll, West Ham will be a handful but Martin O'Neill's teams always have fighting qualities - Liverpool seriously outplayed his Sunderland side last week but, even with all the chances they created, they could not get that decisive goal.

The Black Cats are unbeaten so far and I can see them getting a very good result here too. With the signings O'Neill has made, they look like a decent counter-attacking side already.

Their transfer policy has been about quality not quantity with people like Adam Johnson, who should be fit to play in this game, and Steven Fletcher, who has made a really good start in terms of goals. His confidence will be sky-high.

Prediction: 1-2
More worryingly, Mo Farah agrees with him.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

And the bollix - I mean **** has been correct so far.

Still a bollicky **** tho.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

The Mobot endorses that Helmbot Lawro's prediction, does he? That's his nomination for SPOTY down the p*sser, then.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Saint Mo can do no wrong, so it might be worth betting a few quid against the Hammers this weekend
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

Wash your mouth out with soap ! :shock:
badgermax
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by badgermax »

johnu175 wrote: Lawro wrote West Ham v Sunderland

Prediction: 1-2
That's it then. I was looking forward to coming to the game tomorrow but there doesn't seem any point anymore, might as well stay at home.