I dream of becoming West Ham boss, says Di Canio - POLL

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Paolo Di Canio - a future West Ham manager in the making?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Yes
46%
No
39%
Unsure
15%

Total votes: 265

Welling

Re: I dream of becoming West Ham boss, says Di Canio

Post by Welling »

PrinceH wrote:I loved his legs, loved his goals, but hate his mind... so no thanks!
Having a fascist as a team manager goes beyond most nightmares. Besides his temperament wouldn't do it either.
Tell me you're female yeah? :shock:
bazac

Post by bazac »

"Paolo Di Canio's Claret and Blue Army"

Too many syllables - it will never work.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

MS in the West wrote:Oh and he's a self proclaimed fascist sympathiser in a multi racial area
Don't quite see what difference that makes. It's not as though the crowd is multi-racial is it? Next you be telling me all the non-anglo saxons are boycotting the club because of Lee Bowyer.
nicky_g

Post by nicky_g »

No thanks. imagine how much anger he can get out of Bowyer, Bellamy, Dyer etc. But still Di Canio can dream.............
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

We know he loves the club and he is a legend here. You just never know in football do you?

I'm more than happy with Curbs at the moment though :thup: but did sign Di Canio at Charlton so how about have him back here as coach? :wink: :lol:
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

In can't believe some of the fantasists on here. Cos he was a good footballer he'd be a good manager - even better, replace Curbs with him tomorrow. Jesus.

Curbs is a proven manager in a very hard league. Di Canio is.............a talented narcissist with a dubious temperament and absolutely no evidence that he could manage folding a paper bag, let alone being entrusted with a multi million pound enterprise which has the power to create euphoria or depression in tens - even hundreds - of thousands of fans/followers.

Fortunately for us, most fans seem to have a more sensible view. Fortunately for WHU, those with less sensible views are not appointing the manager.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

MS in the West wrote:In can't believe some of the fantasists on here. Cos he was a good footballer he'd be a good manager - even better, replace Curbs with him tomorrow. Jesus.

Curbs is a proven manager in a very hard league. Di Canio is.............a talented narcissist with a dubious temperament and absolutely no evidence that he could manage folding a paper bag, let alone being entrusted with a multi million pound enterprise which has the power to create euphoria or depression in tens - even hundreds - of thousands of fans/followers.

Fortunately for us, most fans seem to have a more sensible view. Fortunately for WHU, those with less sensible views are not appointing the manager.
didn't stop Roeder getting the job,,,
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

Georgee Paris wrote: didn't stop Roeder getting the job,,,
Precisely
maltab

Post by maltab »

Wonder what Major thinks of this from Di Canio
DeanoDeep

Post by DeanoDeep »

Quite happy that Curbishley has settled the club down after some 5 frantic years since 02/03...

02/03 - Relegated (and sell loads of players to stabilise the clubs finances)
03/04 - Lose the playoff final (and spend another year in the football league)
04/05 - Win the playoff final earning promotion (do it by the skin of our teeth finishing 6th, and also knowing that if we failed to win again, WHU would be down there for another 10yrs)

05/06 - Finish 9th, play some entertaining football over the majority of the season (then lose the cup at the death causing painful memories, well you know the rest)
06/07 - Takeovers, bottom of the league, 3rd party ownership, Tevez, Kia, McCunt/Sheff United, losing 4-3 to spuds, resigned to our fate again, caining the last 8, 9 games and doing Man U last game of the season to stay up...

07/08 - 10th place so far, table split in half for now, good goal difference, possibility that we have a good run of form finishing higher, 'maybe europe (though I really ain't bothered at the moment) - hence my point of view about a relatively good season with nothing dramatic, Curbishley getting the club back to normality... :crest:

PDC was immense, and I've got no quarrel about him one day wanting to manage West Ham, I think it would be wicked, or Bilic aswell. I think anyone who 'dreams as such of becoming boss of West Ham deserves a look in, obviously if they really mean it, and ain't Roeder. So what about his facist views, yeh its bad and it does offend people, I understand that, but its hardly like he's gonna raise his arm and salute at Upton Park is he? Stick with Curbs for now, he's done alright and hopefully he can make the club prosper in time. PDC wouldn't happen for ages, he's still picking up his badges and coaching etc. :thup:
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

hornsey wrote:not after his Nazi salutes.

we don't need that here.
But think of the squad discipline! And the new banners and armbands at Upton Park!

:oops:
Tross
The bard of East London
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Re: I dream of becoming West Ham boss, says Di Canio - POLL

Post by Tross »

This will no doubt put a cat amongst the pigeons, but if after five years of great success at this club Curbs decides to move upstairs, and the board wish to stay with tradition........Paul Ince should be quite an acomplished manager by that point, as will Slaven Bilic.

As much a he had delightful skill, Paulo was a maniac whilst here, and I see very little has changed based on his behaviour post leaving us.

Sorry, for me, in the current climate, its a flat No.

Tross
8-)
RM9

Post by RM9 »

Date 01/07/2008

Breaking news!

West Ham announce new managerial team of Slaven Billic and his assistant Paolo di Canio. The spokesman for the new clubs new owners, Kia Joorabchian also announced his intentions of bringing back the cult hero Argentinian Carlos Tevez.

I'd be ****ing all summer :raver:
HammermanDan
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by HammermanDan »

RM9 wrote:Date 01/07/2008

Breaking news!

West Ham announce new managerial team of Slaven Billic and his assistant Paolo di Canio. The spokesman for the new clubs new owners, Kia Joorabchian also announced his intentions of bringing back the cult hero Argentinian Carlos Tevez.

I would LOVE it if that happened, LOVE IT
I am Lawro
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by I am Lawro »

I'd have him here as a coach, but don't think he has the temprament for a manager.
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

MS in the West wrote:God save us. He's barmy, narcisistic, wouldn't understnd why everone doesn't have the skills of a Maradonna, and would never attend a match north of Watford.

Oh and he's a self proclaimed fascist sympathiser in a multi racial area

Apart from that he'd be perfect I'm sure
I agree 100%. :thup:
Jimmy Talons

Post by Jimmy Talons »

if he proved himself good enough to get the job i'd review my feelings but I think his fascism is a bit unsettling, though I don't think he is a racist it would bring with it unwanted and unnecessary associations for the club. I love the guy but a bit of a whack job to be running the show.
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

RM9 wrote:Date 01/07/2008

Breaking news!

Agree that the above situation would be amazing...but then you spoiled it by mentioning that name. Wouldn't want Kia anywhere near our club...even if he was just a spokesman for a consortium...not after all the hassle he put us through before.

And screw the facisim...this is about football not politics.
waltham hammer

Post by waltham hammer »

Half-time team talk would be interesting if he thought players where not trying.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

MS in the West wrote:Cos he was a good footballer he'd be a good manager
Agreed but that doesn't meant to say he won't be a good manager.

As many have said on this thread this would be years down the line (if it was ever going to happen) and Curbs is doing a very good job at the moment. :thup: