Quarter Final - Brazil v Colombia

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Re: Quarter Final - Brazil v Colombia

Post by 61dicksey »

Maybe if the ref had some b*llocks the injury to Neymar might never have happened, he failed to cool the game down by letting everything go, if the Brazilians want to complain about rough tactics then let them vent thier anger firstly at themselves for entering into a game with the intention to spoil and secondly the ref the most appaling refereeing performance ever.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Lots of nasty stuff from Brazil - sad to watch and disappointing to watch.
Made for a bad game - tends to overshadow lots of good stuff we've seen in the tournament so far.
Hope Germany kick them off the pitch in the semi.
Whufc06
Has liked: 121 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

It's tough. Neymar was obviously badly hurt by the challenge however his initial reaction was no different to when he's tackled and not hurt in the slightest. Because of that my sympathy for him is somewhat less.
e17
Has liked: 284 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

Never good when a tournament loses one of its bright sparks (Neymar), but can't help feel Brazil deserve a little bit of bad luck

That Fernandinho fella should have been off in the first half .. Niggling foul after foul, block after block.. Any other team & at the least he & a few others would have been booked, as it was the referee was incredibly weak & basically invited the sort of challenge that has ended Neymars tournament

I'll be supporting Germany in the semi final. Against Brazil. Typing that feels so so wrong.

But this ain't Brazil. It's basically Revies' Leeds in Brazil shirts.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

e17 wrote:Never good when a tournament loses one of its bright sparks (Neymar), but can't help feel Brazil deserve a little bit of bad luck

That Fernandinho fella should have been off in the first half .. Niggling foul after foul, block after block.. Any other team & at the least he & a few others would have been booked, as it was the referee was incredibly weak & basically invited the sort of challenge that has ended Neymars tournament

I'll be supporting Germany in the semi final. Against Brazil. Typing that feels so so wrong.

But this ain't Brazil. It's basically Revies' Leeds in Brazil shirts.
Like to see Howard Webb, or better still, Mike Dean if only he were there, ref their semi v the Bosch
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

If ever a game called for this ref:

bobcar

Post by bobcar »

paulthebubble wrote: The ref was a joke. Brazil could easily have 5-6 yellows at least. Automatic yellow on the free kick. All the brutal fouls on Rodriguez should have brought at the very least one for Persistent Infringement. Rodriguez made one innocuous slide and gets a yellow. He showed the ref 1,2,3,4 fingers to show he was continuously fouled. It's obvious the ref didn't want any players from the 'home' team to be suspended for the SF. It was a brutal game with many reckless challenges and blows to the face.
It reminded of a typical Greek Derby match that has about 50 fouls but not as brutal as this one. I can't be for Germany so I hope a team from the other side wins the cup.
I was shocked by the referee. He was from Spain so I was expecting a decent ref that would be used to refereeing big games.

I think I've seen him before and he was okay then plus I can't believe he would show the same lack of control in a La Liga match so it's difficult not to believe he was instructed by Fifa to severely limit the number of cards. If so it backfired because Neymar probably wouldn't have been on the receiving end of a tackle that was no worse than many many others (the majority by Brazil) in the match.
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

bobcar wrote: I think I've seen him before and he was okay then plus I can't believe he would show the same lack of control in a La Liga match so it's difficult not to believe he was instructed by Fifa to severely limit the number of cards. If so it backfired because Neymar probably wouldn't have been on the receiving end of a tackle that was no worse than many many others (the majority by Brazil) in the match.
It's fairly clear that he was sh*t scared by the Brazilian support. When you consider the amount of passion showed by the Brazilian footballers, crying their eyes out, praying to the heavens, breaking down after scoring, it's a reflection of the passion of their supporters as well as themselves. I think it's scary to be honest. That amount of passion doesn't belong in a game where 22 men are kicking a bag of wind about. It's the sort of passion you get with Jihad. The ref probably feared for his well being. Not right.
D C
Has liked: 1120 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Post by D C »

No, he's that bad in La Liga as well. Mourinho loved him, he used to let Pepe, Alonso etc kick all game.
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

I think Neymar did his back in by falling over trying to celebrate that goal..... any videos of it?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Slacking student wrote:Neymar apparently fractured a vertebrae so is now out he rest of the tournament
Didums.

Im getting the word......Karma.

Don't think I've ever wanted Germany to win a game of football so much as I do against Brazil.
kesh

Post by kesh »

The ref for the final imo. Should have maybe yellowed a bit earlier, then again it was just one of those heated matches. Easily critiqued, though would like to see the mess any other ref (they are people) managed.

James Rod (?? why he called James?) and Silva have incredibly small noses.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3677 likes
Total likes: 2383 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

In fairness, Colombia's Zuniga could have had seven or eight yellows himself. Ref lost the plot.

As for the semi, I hope they both lose.
e17
Has liked: 284 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Don't think I've ever wanted Germany to win a game of football so much as I do against Brazil.
I've never wanted them to win a game of football! :lol:

The fact it is one against Brazil.. Of all nations. Absolutely chicken oriental.

Personally I blame "Big Phill", I doubt the brazilian folk will give a **** if they win it, but he's clearly worked out how to win ugly with the resources he's got, so that's what they've done.

This lot remind me of the West German teams of the 80's
Cambiasso
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

D C wrote:No, he's that bad in La Liga as well. Mourinho loved him, he used to let Pepe, Alonso etc kick all game.
I'm thinking Scolari must have banked on this. Leading up to the match I heard on the radio that in one of the press conferences he was saying his players were too soft and naive and needed to be more physical against Colombia. The hosts of the radio program were interpreting this and some thought that he was basically advocating for his players to go out and play a dirty disruptive match. Easy to connect the dots now....
WCpete
Has liked: 1462 likes
Total likes: 3151 likes

Post by WCpete »

Just watching the Neymar injury again. It's fairly shocking to see how the Brazilian physios and dr's handled getting him on the stretcher. They knew he had a back injury, didn't know what it was and they just bundled him onto the stretcher without securing him first. And the Brazilians are giving Zuniga a hard time.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

****ing despise Brazil. The media dick-sucking is cringeworthy and I sincerely hope the germans royally embarrass them in the semi.

It's sad when you already know before a game starts that the home team will get a frankly disgraceful helping hand from the officials. And then you're proved right. Brazil are a disgrace.

I hope Scolari has a heart attack too, the whingeing, cheating fat c*nt.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

WCpete wrote:Just watching the Neymar injury again. It's fairly shocking to see how the Brazilian physios and dr's handled getting him on the stretcher. They knew he had a back injury, didn't know what it was and they just bundled him onto the stretcher without securing him first.
they too thought he was acting!

i don't care much about loosing one of the best players of the tournament, football is better without cheating barsterds, no matter how skilled they are.

...and referinho strikes again!