Messi wins golden ball

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Re: Messi wins golden ball

Post by pablo jaye »

Apparently Neuer completed more passes than Messi!!!!!
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

pablo jaye wrote:Apparently Neuer completed more passes than Messi!!!!!
It wouldn't surprise me, he probably covered more ground as well. I get the feeling another side of messi is gradually coming to the surface. He seems to be extremely lazy, only willing to run when he has the ball and has a total lack of respect for his team mates, ignoring team talks ect.
Cambiasso
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

I was shocked Messi got the golden ball. That having been said, I'm not sure who I would have given it to. It's not as big an atrocity as some here are making it out to be though; he did carry the team to the final. If I were Messi, I'd consider giving it to his mate Mascherano.

I'm also surprised not on person on here has contested Neuer getting the golden glove. What about Navas? There are other candidates as well!
denzel

Post by denzel »

Half of that German team could have won the Golden Ball - Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Kroos...

Thought James Rodriguez would have been a shoe-in if only Colombia had reached the semi's.

For me though, best player of the tournament was West Ham legend Javier Mascherano :crest:
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

stu1 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me, he probably covered more ground as well. I get the feeling another side of messi is gradually coming to the surface. He seems to be extremely lazy, only willing to run when he has the ball and has a total lack of respect for his team mates, ignoring team talks ect.
"etc" like when he?

Oh he completed 102 more than Neuer FWIW.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

D C wrote: "etc" like when he?
Here you go... " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

How was Howedes studs to the knee tackle not a red card?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/internat ... aleta.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look where the Ref is standing. He had a clear view of it. If this happened in England it would have been a red card and maybe an extra ban.

This foul and Neuer's knee to Higuain's head were both Serious Foul Play and subsequently Red Cards.

Could it be that the refs are intimidated and don't make the correct calls because they are worried about future assignments?
There was also 2 corners given to Germany that shouldn't have been. The one was a shot to Romero's right post which he saved but a German player was directly in front of him and blocking his view. This should have been offside. The other was when a German player pushed an Argentine player which resulted in him heading over the bar for a corner. He protested but to no avail. Howedes headed it on to the post on the subsequent corner.