Gas Fire Removal/Carpet Removal

Advertise your business or service to fellow KUMB members with this Forum.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cambs Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Gas Fire Removal/Carpet Removal

Post by Cambs Iron »

Removing carpets - Easy or difficult? Doing it by myself and have one day to strip 4 rooms, stairs, entrance hall and landing. Been told a sharp knife and a good pull will rip up the carpets.

Gas Fire - Got an old gas fire which needs removing. How much will a plumber charge? Had a mate lined up for this but he is uncontactable at the moment and i need it done tomorrow/Saturday. Its not actually fitted into the wall, its pretty old and i am presuming attached to the wall via a bracket and the piping. Will teh wall need plastering once removed? Or will a small hole where the piping was be the only gap?

Cheers
Arch Dandy
Total likes: 50 likes

Re: Gas Fire Removal/Carpet Removal

Post by Arch Dandy »

Ripping up carpets is piss easy, moving the furniture around is the pain.
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

Just did the carpets in my new house - it was empty when I did it mind. Couple of hours tops although getting the staples from the underlay out of the parque flooring was a bitch. Inha to get the gripper rods up too which was a pain. Oh an then the tiles that were laid inthe original lino which had melted into the floorboards.

Carpets easier - other stuff shocking.

If you need the fire out I think you should get a pro in to disconnect it properly.

Who knows what behind will have - you could be in for a surprise or two
Cambs Iron

Post by Cambs Iron »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:If you need the fire out I think you should get a pro in to disconnect it properly.

Who knows what behind will have - you could be in for a surprise or two
It was attached to the back boiler, which was ancient. Got my mate (corgi registered) to remove the fire and he said he had never seen a boiler like it. He advised we get a new boiler, £3500 later we have a new boiler installed in the loft.

Carpets all came up very easily but the lino in the kitchen was a nightmare. Ended up pouring boiling water on it to loosen the glue and its actually worked pretty well.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

3.5 bags of sand for a boiler :lol: I hope that was for the full system rads etc?
Cambs Iron

Post by Cambs Iron »

RichieRiv wrote:3.5 bags of sand for a boiler :lol: I hope that was for the full system rads etc?
Yeh it was. He is a mate so i trusted he wasn't going to rip me off!!