Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5672 likes
Total likes: 3089 likes

Re: Collins on the way out

Post by MB »

RWJ wrote:I wouldnt be so sorry to see him go and get a Zola defender in.
You want a 5' 2" central defender with great ball skills :? :lol:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 672 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by davids cross »

fmgod wrote:tbh I think Collins is not that good, in the air decent, on the floor very bad, he just throws himself at the ball but bravery doesn't make a player and in my view he's no where near Upsons level.
But you kind of make a good case as to why he does/can compliment Upson. Collins weakness is positioning and that's why he ends up making last ditch tackles and throwing his body at the ball. Upsons strength is his general reading of situations and although he does whats needed he's not a bucaneering type defender like Collins. They are not a bad combination in that respect.....Of course bad positioning for a defender isn't a positive in any way :lol: but you get my drift. I wouldn't get rid myself he is a capable defender with a composed partner be that Upson or Tomkins. A good 3rd or 4th string defender imo.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2652 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

comebackjoecole wrote:Would be a terrible mistake, IMHO our best defender since Rio. When I watch he normally does more than Upson.

Plus we'd be bare bones at the back, unless Gabbidon's had a Bionics operation.
Really?
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

Collins on his way out... Ledley being mentioned on the O/S hmmmmmmmmmm
Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Happyhammer93 »

He is a good 3rd CB for our team but not much more. He is good in the air but when other team's play a game where thier striker's have good movement and pace then he is shown up. Tomkins and Upson are a much better pairing at CB as they both are very good at reading the game. If Collins was to go it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we had someone to replace him if he got injured.

Unless Davenport is staying or Gabbidon was going to be fit for the start of the season. Then we would also be fine if he was going to leave.
welshhammer8

Post by welshhammer8 »

anyone who gives 110%, like collins, when he plays, has got to be respected.
when fit, he's had some great games for us.
ok, makes odd mistake or gets turned by good players...i just think his good games far outweigh his bad games and he plays well with upson.
get rid of davenport first.

ps...nothing to do with him being welsh too lol!!
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

I think this could have legs, we are being linked to quite a few centre backs in the press at the minute the italian kid being
one of them bochetti is it? i think collins is a very good player but is injured far too often so i would be very tempted to cash in
if i were zola, i think someone would pay 4mill for him no probs or do a deal involving ledley! wouldnt complain if he stayed though
as i say he's a good player imo!
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

BLT319 wrote:Collins on his way out... Ledley being mentioned on the O/S hmmmmmmmmmm
This could give us the upper hand over other clubs wanting Ledley, they want Collins and we want Ledley. Cash plus player?

Plus we have two Welsh players in Gabbidon and Collison who could persuade Ledley to join.
durham city hammer

RWJ

Whats ledley like? the couple of times i've seen him play he was quiet so i couldnt really tell either way, alot of
players have been singing his praises in the press over the last few months!
bazac

Post by bazac »

MB wrote:
You want a 5' 2" central defender with great ball skills :? :lol:
Pottsy's too old, surely? :lol:
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

durham city hammer wrote:RWJ

Whats ledley like? the couple of times i've seen him play he was quiet so i couldnt really tell either way, alot of
players have been singing his praises in the press over the last few months!
Hes been playing in the Wales senior squad for a couple of years now and really has been getting better and better in my opinion.

Playing in the Wales squad with the likes of Giggs at a young age, he must of learnt alot and took it into his own game.

He scores alot of goals from midfield, good finisher, creates alot of goals, very adaptable anywhere in midfield I think he is going to be a top player!

If we dont get him I believe a top 4 club will in a couple of years time, So I'd say get him in, I think in the Wales squad he proberly is the best midfielder at present!
durham city hammer

RWJ

Cheers for that mate :thup:
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

durham city hammer wrote:RWJ

Cheers for that mate :thup:
No worries mate, im a football fanatic :thup:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

RWJ wrote:
This could give us the upper hand over other clubs wanting Ledley, they want Collins and we want Ledley. Cash plus player?

Plus we have two Welsh players in Gabbidon and Collison who could persuade Ledley to join.
I'm a bit skeptical that Ginge would see a drop to the fizz as much of a career move. I appreciate its his home club and they're moving into a new stadium, but there's sure to be a lot of competition for promotion out of that league.

However, if he were to move, we'd be insane to be even contemplating selling Upson too...
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1152 likes

Re: Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

Post by hammer1975 »

collins linked with move away
davenport seemingly not wanted
spector not linked with anyone.....

...sigh, but hey at least he can play average in lots of positions
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

hammer1975 wrote:collins linked with move away
davenport seemingly not wanted
spector not linked with anyone.....

...sigh, but hey at least he can play average in lots of positions

spector was linked with burnley yesterday
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

regarding Joe Ledley....

...we have been told that savio is not a direct replacement for bellamy and when used he has played as a left attacking midfielder, he's a young player who may take time to bed in and he is our 'record' signing.....

...so why go for Ledley - wil they not compete for the same position, is that not an indictment of our 'record signing'? Have the club not already put enough pressure on the lad.....

....either doesn't make sense or we're not really after Ledley...or don't think savio is up to it already
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

MB
:lol:
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

BLT319 wrote:
spector was linked with burnley yesterday
thanks
:D happy days, when do we sell him? Bit miffed that he'd go to a premier league team to be honest though
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

hammer1975 wrote:regarding Joe Ledley....

...we have been told that savio is not a direct replacement for bellamy and when used he has played as a left attacking midfielder, he's a young player who may take time to bed in and he is our 'record' signing.....

...so why go for Ledley - wil they not compete for the same position, is that not an indictment of our 'record signing'? Have the club not already put enough pressure on the lad.....

....either doesn't make sense or we're not really after Ledley...or don't think savio is up to it already
Ledley can play anywhere in midfield though, LBM could go and in comes Ledley