saturday's gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Re: rob green is a happy hammer

Post by cockney hammer »

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1686248,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maltab

Re: saturday's gossip includes west ham

Post by maltab »

Personally,i think some of the comment about DDM were a bit harsh.No way would i have expected him to play in as many games as he did,and prob,neither did he.A thanks but we,re sending you back,would have been enough.
Frustrating yes,worth a contract no,but things like useless c..t,save that for other teams players
red iron

Post by red iron »

sterling work as always CH, cheers mate :thup:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

cockney hammer wrote:http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1686248,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I clicked on that with the expectation of seeing he had signed a new contract!
red iron

Post by red iron »

great news, give the man whatever he wants!!
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

He isn't even in talks over a new contract.

:?
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

DAILY MIRROR

Arsene Wenger snubbed Real Madrid's offer to make him their boss despite meeting the Spanish giants three times.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez faces fresh frustration in the transfer market with Chelsea threatening to beat him to the signing of Glen Johnson and Daid Silva now on Real Madrid's shopping list.

Middlesbrough will not sell key players such as Stewart Downing and Tuncay Sanli on the cheap.

Arsenal are tracking Udinese defender Cristian Zapata.

Birmingham want to sign three new centre-backs and have tabled bids for Roger Johnson, Scott Dann and Giovanny Espinoza.

Everton took a step closer to signing long-term target Stephane Mbia after Rennes said the midfielder could leave.

Roberto Martinez wants to link up again with Swansea star Angel Rangel at Wigan.

Alan Shearer will not walk away from the chance of rescuing Newcastle.

Hull want Manucho permanently if the price is right while Phil Brown's top striking target is Fraizer Campbell.

Tranmere are set to make Jason McAteer and Ray Mathias their new management team.

Leicester want Doncaster midfielder Richie Wellens.

DAILY MAIL

Chelsea must compete with Real Madrid for Frank Ribery and David Villa, having already been beaten to Kaka's signature by the Spanish side.
Aston Villa are interested in Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas and are ready to gazump rivals Wolves for Serbian midfielder Nenad Milijas.

Middlesbrough have confirmed they will allow Stewart Downing to go, while Ross Turnbull has handed in a transfer request.

Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena wants a return to Italy after asking the club's manager Rafa Benitez for a transfer.

Everton manager David Moyes has returned for long-time transfer target Stephane Mbia and hopes to make him his first summer signing.

Birmingham City have offered striker Gary McSheffrey to Coventry in a bid to sign defender Scott Dann.

Lucas Neill could join fellow Australian Harry Kewell as Galatasaray after leaving West Ham.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is struggling to hang on to unsettled midfielder Javier Mascherano.

DAILY STAR

Real Madrid have revealed Arsene Wenger rejected the chance to take charge at the Bernabeu Stadium.
Liverpool are set to lose top summer target David Silva to Real Madrid - because they can't compete with Europe's wealthiest outfits.

Roberto Mancini and Slaven Bilic top the shortlist for the manager's job at Portsmouth after Paul Hart was told he wouldn't be offered it.

New Sunderland boss Steve Bruce wants to make Rangers midfielder Steven Davis his first signing at the Stadium of Light.

Wolves defender Kevin Foley has agreed a new four-year contract.

THE SUN

Barcelona plan to cash in on Liverpool's money meltdown with a £20million raid for Javier Mascherano.

Harry Redknapp has offered David Bentley plus £8million for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

DAILY EXPRESS

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn's first message to new boss Steve Bruce will be simple - don't make the same mistakes in the transfer market as Roy Keane.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has been told to cough up £4million if he wants to lure Scott Dann from Coventry.

DAILY RECORD

Falkirk boss John Hughes would be interested in taking over from Roberto Martinez at Swansea.

Mark McGhee and Tony Mowbray are waiting to hear if they have got the Celtic job.

Willie Miller insists the new Aberdeen manager will have cash to invest in new players.

Tomas Cerny admits he could return to Sigma Olomouc next season if Hamilton don't sort out his future.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I don't like the sound of Upson interesting City.

They'll offer to

1. Double his wages, and
2. Pay his fee up front.

If he's interested in that, he'll be off, I reckon.
Jayhammer

Post by Jayhammer »

I know Tristan was really bad but the 3 goals he scored won us 7 points!!!
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

prophet:marginal wrote:I don't like the sound of Upson interesting City.

They'll offer to

1. Double his wages, and
2. Pay his fee up front.

If Bellamy was 14 million, then Upson should be around 14 million plus clauses.

I dont think it will happen as I think Man City have realised that paying over the odds is pointless, lesson learnt from bellamy maybe :think: Look at the Barry deal, I expected it to be something like 20 million knowing them, but it was 12 million.

People on the outside will be put off by the price range of our top players, not that I think any of them want to leave anywhere, Under Zola he is a bit like Mourinho, they all want to play for him.
Last edited by RWJ on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Professor
Has liked: 277 likes

Post by Mad Professor »

prophet:marginal wrote:I don't like the sound of Upson interesting City.

They'll offer to

1. Double his wages, and
2. Pay his fee up front.

Reckon that others might be interested in that bit!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

RWJ wrote:
I dont think it will happen as I think Man City have realised that paying over the odds is pointless, lesson learnt from bellamy maybe :think: Look at the Barry deal, I expected it to be something like 20 million knowing them, but it was 12 million.
Can't agree with that; Barry had 12 months left on his contract. It wasn't a bad deal, but Villa would have been laughing to get any more.

Anyway, they paid stratospherically over the odds to get De Jong in January, not June and are the only club who can pay up front.

They are in a league of their own.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Jimenez on Hammers radar

Another Inter Milan star has been linked with a move to the East End.

The 24 year old has had few opportunities since his move to the Italian giants and is apparently seeking a way out of the San Siro.

Jimenez can play several positions up front including as a second striker or as part of a three-prolonged attack. He was dogged by injuries last term (seems a good suit already).

He is being tailed by a number of clubs in Italy including Parma and Fiorentina.

“I need the trust of a manager to play with continuity and I cannot allow myself another year like this,” he said. He is co-owned by Inter and Ternana after moving to the San Siro two years ago.

In that time he has scored 3 goals in 21 appearances.
red iron

Post by red iron »

I've got to agree with prophet, 12 mil for a player who will leave for nothing next summer is quite a lot and I think Villa got quite a good deal
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Carlton Cole wants to become Fabio Capello’s version of Didier Drogba if he gets the chance to terrify Kazakhstan on Saturday.

Setanta Sports is the place to be for international action this weekend, click here for details on how to watch Kazakhstan v England and Bulgaria v Republic of Ireland on Satellite, Freeview or Setanta-i.

Cole has just enjoyed his best season in the colours of West Ham, scoring 12 goals in order to push himself into the international reckoning.

A good friend of Drogba from his time at Chelsea, Cole admits he is trying to base his game on the true powerhouses of English football.

By the time World Cup 2010 comes, the West Ham man is planning on being a mix of Drogba and Kevin Davies, with a touch of the Zlatan Ibrahimovics.

“I talk to Didier a lot and he feels that I can progress even further than I have. I am happy that he thinks of me highly,” Cole told The Daily Express.

“I also talk to John Carew because he seems to score goals wherever he goes.

“I watch Kevin Davies because he is one of the greatest in The Premier League at holding up the ball.

“I also look at Ibrahimovic and other similar players to me, big, powerful players who are able to cause defenders problems.

“I know I can become a better player and hopefully I will achieve it with West Ham and England.”
red iron

Post by red iron »

cockney hammer wrote: Jimenez can play several positions up front including as a second striker or as part of a three-prolonged attack.

Sounds like Zola's intent on the 4-3-3 formation then. I'm a bit sceptical but in Zola we trust :crest:
Kialos
Has liked: 1544 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Thanks CH. The article on Tristan and DDM may seem harsh but I found it very funny and not too far from the truth. It's a shame most will remember the Tristan we got and not the top quality player that he was in his prime.
Jarvo

Post by Jarvo »

Good - glad he seems to be happy here :raver:
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

Matt of iron wrote:He isn't even in talks over a new contract.

:?

does he need to be he has 2 years left
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

We're in talks with Siena about Juan Zúñiga, he's a Columbian RB, that sounds almost like a done deal.

We've met with Victor Leandro Bagy's agent, he's a goalkeeper but looks more like a number one than a number two to me.

Jiminez is joining Parma

We're also being heavily linked to Hugo Campagnaro who is Argentine CB playing for Sampdoria

juan Zúñiga

hugo campagnaro