tuesday's gossip includes west ham now updated

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

tuesday's gossip includes west ham now updated

Post by cockney hammer »

i will start with these two and update from work

the mirror

GOOD FORTUNE FOR HAMMERS

West Ham are trying to hijack Hull's £3.4million move for Nancy striker MarcAntoine Fortune.

Tigers boss Phil Brown thought he had won the race to sign Fortune and Nancy announced they expected him to move to Hull.

But the player is now expected to meet Hammers' officials to discuss their offer.

the mail

Kelvin Davis is also on his way out, using his free agent status to land a move to West Ham after waiting two months for Saints to offer him a new deal.

West Ham have also inquired about Panathinaikos's South African right-back Bryce Moon, 23.

kent news

Hammer time for young Danny

A young Kent footballer has been snapped up by FA Premiership giants West Ham United to take up a place at the club’s academy.

Danny Atkins was spotted playing for Ramsgate U16s in the Kent Youth League by a talent scout and has been given a six-week term at West Ham with a view to a YTS place in the future.

He made his bow for the Claret and Blues in a youth tournament at Watford over the weekend, rubbing shinpads with players from Arsenal, QPR, Swansea, Oxford, MK Dons and a touring side from Denmark.

Danny was supported from the touchline by proud dad Danny senior, himself a former Ramsgate player, and his former U16s manager Steve McClean.

Mr McClean said: “I always knew Danny would make it and believed in him. I am really glad he’s taken his chance.”

Last edited by cockney hammer on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Re: tuesday's gossip includes west ham

Post by Los Martillos »

Cheers CH. Always grateful for these updates.

:thup:
IG8Hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by IG8Hammer »

That Fortune just looks like a more clumsy, less composed Carlton Cole.
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

IG8Hammer wrote:That Fortune just looks like a more clumsy, less composed Carlton Cole.
Agreed, looks like a step backwards to me.
Billbanksy

Post by Billbanksy »

Well I have to admit that I thought he looked a useful player when I saw a few clips of him on MotD and Sky, not that I saw much of West Brom. I thought at the time he'd do better in a better team to be honest.

Personally as it's Nancy I hope we are exchanging Faubert for him and he can then be Cole's understudy. Definitely a better option that Tristan.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I see, so this is what is meant by Duxbury's Brand Strategy. A hapless goalkeeper who didn't keep one clean sheet for Southampton last season and a journeyman under achieving striker
clawhammer
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

To be fair , Davis was absolutely brilliant when we played Ipswich in the play offs. Anybody would look hapless playing behind Southampton's defence last season.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Fortune was the only striker at West Brom who actually scored any goals last year.
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

Puff Daddy wrote:I see, so this is what is meant by Duxbury's Brand Strategy. A hapless goalkeeper who didn't keep one clean sheet for Southampton last season and a journeyman under achieving striker

Don't think. FEEL. It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

clawhammer wrote:To be fair , Davis was absolutely brilliant when we played Ipswich in the play offs. Anybody would look hapless playing behind Southampton's defence last season.
Surely we can do better this though ? Is he better than Korucz or Lastuvka come to that ?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Puff Daddy wrote:I see, so this is what is meant by Duxbury's Brand Strategy. A hapless goalkeeper who didn't keep one clean sheet for Southampton last season and a journeyman under achieving striker
Well done.
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:]I see, so this is what is meant by Duxbury's Brand Strategy. A hapless goalkeeper who didn't keep one clean sheet for Southampton last season and a journeyman under achieving striker

Well done.
Fantastic support Chuck using 'gossip' to continually have a dig at the club :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Re: tuesday's gossip includes west ham now updated

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham are trying to hijack Hull's £3.4m move for Marc-Antoine Fortune, while Aston Villa will offer £5m for Middlesbrough's Tuncay Sanli.

THE SUN:

Xabi Alonso will hold crunch Liverpool talks with boss Rafa Benitez this week.

Portsmouth are set to be probed over £3.8million commission paid to agents over the £22million transfer of Lassana Diarra to Real Madrid.

Edwin van der Sar will hang up his gloves at the end of next season.

Southampton could go bust unless a takeover is agreed this week.

Samuel Eto'o has demanded even more money to join Manchester City - and looks like getting his way.

Andrey Arshavin has stunned Arsenal by revealing he wants to play for Barcelona.

Aston Villa are ready to pay £5million for forward Luis Garcia from Espanyol.

Fulham have offered £2.2million for Almeria striker Kalu Uche.

DAILY MAIL:

Samuel Eto'o is heading for conflict with Barcelona after deciding against tapping into Manchester City's fortunes.

Wolves have clinched the signing of Reading striker Kevin Doyle, who will be unveiled today in a £6.5million deal, a record for both clubs.

Real Madrid were last night closing in on an £8million deal for Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa.

DAILY STAR:

Wigan's Antonio Valencia is on course to complete a £16million move to Manchester United this week.

Manchester City are facing a massive snub over their £200,000-a-week record offer to Samuel Eto'o.

DAILY EXPRESS:

Chelsea will complete the £19million signing of CSKA Moscow and Russia winger Yuri Zhirkov tomorrow.

Preston boss Alan Irvine is the favourite to succeed Tony Mowbray at West Brom.

Portsmouth's prospective new owner Sulaiman Al Fahim insists his takeover of Fratton Park is still on course.

DAILY MIRROR:

Samuel Eto'o wants a massive golden handshake from Barcelona or his megabucks move to Manchester City is off.

Chelsea are poised to confirm the first stage of their summer rebuilding with the arrivals of Yuri Zhirkov, Daniel Sturridge and Ross Turnbull.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has joined the chase for Sweden's goalscoring sensation Marcus Berg.

Stewart Downing is set to get the green light to complete a £10million move away from Middlesbrough.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is ready to make a surprise £5million move for Middlesbrough's Tuncay Sanli.

West Ham are trying to hijack Hull's £3.4million move for Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune.

Burnley boss Owen Coyle will sign Derby right-back Tyrone Mears in a £400,000 deal.

David O'Leary claims his successor Martin O'Neill has not progressed the club despite spending millions.

Carlos Tevez has accused Sir Alex Ferguson of blowing the chance to win the Champions League by dropping him.

DAILY RECORD

Celtic will this week hold a Paris rendezvous with top targer Marc-Antoine Fortune in a last-ditch bid to stop the £3.8million striker moving to England.

John Hughes has confirmed Burnley's interest in signing Hibs striker Steven Fletcher.

Aberdeen fear they will lose out on Stephen Hughes because they can't afford him.

Former England midfielder Peter Reid has rejected speculation he will quit as coach of Thailand to take charge of League One club Southampton. (Press Association)

Samuel Eto'o wants a £12.5m signing-on fee to join Manchester City. The Barcelona striker has already been offered wages of £250,000 a week by the Eastlands club.
The Sun

Or the Cameroon striker is looking for a £15m golden handshake from Barcelona otherwise the move to City is off.
: Daily Mirror

Chelsea are poised to complete a hat-trick of signings by landing CSKA Moscow forward Yuri Zhirkov, Manchester City forward Daniel Sturridge and Middlesbrough goalkeeper Ross Turnbull.
Daily Mirror

Arsenal have been stunned by Andrey Arshavin's revelation that he would be "really happy" to play for Barcelona if he gets the chance.
The Sun

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso will holds talks with manager Rafael Benitez this week over a possible move to Real Madrid.
The Sun

Meanwhile, Reds defender Alvaro Arbeloa is set to seal a switch to Real for about £5m. (The Independent)

Aston Villa are ready to pay £5m for Espanyol forward Luis Garcia, who is also wanted by Porto.
The Sun

Villa are also set to bid £5m for Middlesbrough midfielder Tuncay.
Daily Mirror

Tottenham have joined the chase for Groningen's Sweden international striker Marcus Berg but they may need to pay £10m to beat Everton to his signature.
Daily Mirror

Spurs have told Villarreal they want cash plus Sebastien Eguren and Marcos Senna in exchange for striker Roman Pavlyuchenko. (The Times)

West Ham are trying to hijack Hull's £3.4m move for Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune.
Daily Mirror

Fulham have offered £2.2m for Almeria striker Kalu Uche. (The Sun)

Birmingham want to sign Tottenham defender Gareth Bale on a season-long loan deal. (Daily Star)

Wolves are set to sign Reading striker Kevin Doyle for a club record fee of £6.5m.
The Sun

Huddersfield will pay £1m to sign Bristol Rovers striker Rickie Lambert. (The Sun)

Ipswich boss Roy Keane is close to completing a £1m deal for QPR full-back Damien Delaney. Keane also wants to make a double raid on former club Sunderland to sign defender Nyron Nosworthy and winger Carlos Edwards. (Daily Star)

Burnley are fighting it out with Cardiff in the race to sign £2.5m-rated Doncaster defender Mat Mills. (Daily Star)

Carlos Tevez has accused Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson of blowing the chance to win the Champions League final by dropping him. The Argentine striker, whose United contract expires today, said: "He made a mistake to leave me on the bench."
Daily Mirror

Former Aston Villa manager David O'Leary says his successor Martin O'Neill has not helped the club progress.
Daily Mirror

Usually there is little to be pleased about when you miss your flight but Fabio Capello's failure to catch a plane from South Africa meant he was spared being in attendance for England Under-21s' humiliating 4-0 defeat by Germany in the European Championship final in Sweden on Tuesday. (Daily Mirror)
Kennet
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Kennet »

Ta mate
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Rars seems to have been misquoted....... :lol:
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 355 likes

Post by old fart »

clawhammer wrote:To be fair , Davis was absolutely brilliant when we played Ipswich in the play offs. Anybody would look hapless playing behind Southampton's defence last season.

He took a Repka crossshot full in the face, poor sod :D
beckton

Post by beckton »

Side of Ham wrote:
Fantastic support Chuck using 'gossip' to continually have a dig at the club :thup:

Chuck, is that the pet name you have for Puff Daddy, RARS or do you just call everyone it?

You are Hilda Ogden and I claim my £5.

:lol:
Julian's Dick

Post by Julian's Dick »

£5million for Tuncay, we have got to have a bit of that!
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

I agree. I would rather have Tuncay than Fortune
Mr Mutts

Post by Mr Mutts »

Come on, hard to keep a clean sheet when you're defence (or in this case, entire team) is falling apart around you.