sunday's gossip 27th feb includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

sunday's gossip 27th feb includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

news of the world
sorry for any mistakes as i have had to type it out from the paper

sulli-fan's life pledge

exclusive

david sullivan insists he has committed himself to west ham united for life. and the hammers co owner is alredt planning his legacy with sons david and jack lined up to take over his shares when he steps aside..

despite west ham's perilous situation sullivan and co owner david gold remain unwavering in there commitment to the cause..

defiant sullivan said we will be there to the day we die which we hope is beyond 20014 when the olympic stadium opens birmingham was never our club really and we was there for 17 years..

we have come to our club now and hopefully our children will take over from us...

gols intends to follow his parteners lead and hand over his shares to daughters jacqueline and vanessa. and they may have one more party on board if the present owners hunt for further investment is successful...

the two men aim to sell a 35% stake in the club for £35million well ahead of their move to the olympic stadium after the games in 20012...

meanwhile sullivan has waved away leyton orient chairman barry hearn's plans to use his fa cup windfall to oppose west ham's proposed move...

he added you would have to speak to the lawers but in all probability it is all done..

any appeal launched will be directed at the olympic park legacy company anyway...

they have done a very through job...

the level of diligence has been enormous.. there is absolutely no reason why we shouldent have been preferred..

the hammers sit rock bottom in the premier league two points adrift and face a visit to kenny dalglish's resurgent liverpool side this afternoon...

there are just 11 games remaining and seven of thouse are against teams well established in the top half of the league..

but difiant sullivan says they have made the righ decision by sticking with manager avram grant despite having made a failed approach for martin o'neil...

if you study change in manager mid season it usually does not work he said avram is very optimistic we will stay up and we hope over the next few games things will improve...

news of the world

hearn war with prem

barry hearn will sue the premier league for millions unless they rethink their decision to let west ham united to move to the new olympic stadium..

the leyton orient chairman fears his club will be blown out of existence if the goverment approves the move in an announcement expected tomorrow..

hear would also consider legal action against the goverment the mayor of london and the olympic park legacy..

the premier league has made a huge mistake said a senior football source..

it breaches the leagues own rules which say it must not allow a club to move if it adversely affects another club's in the immediate vicinity..

it beggers belief that leyton orient were not even consulted when a decision was taken that could decimate the club..

hearn who has a war chest of around £1million after a lucrative fa cup run yesterday instructed top sports law firm mishcon de raya to fight his corner..

the mirror

Collison itching to get involved with Hammers survival scrap

Jack Collison is desperate to play his part in helping West Ham stay up after revealing he is close to making a return to action after almost a year out with a serious knee injury.

Collison, 22, had forced himself into Gianfranco Zola's West Ham first team last season until he suffered cartilage damage in Wales' 1-0 defeat to Sweden in Cardiff in March.

Without him, the Hammers managed to stay up under Zola but his successor, Avram Grant, has found life hard at Upton Park and the club have spent much of the current campaign in the relegation zone.

The midfielder has now set his sights on a return to action in March - a month which he knows will be crucial in West Ham's bid to avoid a potentially crippling relegation to the npower Championship.

"I'm getting much closer," he said.

"I should be back in with the team over the next few weeks and picking up training.

"It's just a matter of trying to find my feet and getting a few games under my belt.

"Fingers crossed, I'll be back playing before too long and doing my bit to help us out of the situation we're in. I want to do my bit this season if and when I can."

Collison was instructed to spend time in an ice chamber recently along with calf-injury victim Robbie Keane.

The duo received a shock when they found out that they had to share the chamber on one occasion with former heavyweight world champion Frank Bruno.

Collison found that incident amusing but he admits a large part of his rehabilitation has been frustrating.

"I just love being out there playing football and it has been tough at times not to be able to do what I love - I haven't been able to kick a ball out in my garden with my little brother and have a kick-about," the Welshman said.

"I went into the ice chamber with Robbie and we had to sit in the chamber at -140 degrees for five minutes at a time.

"We were sat in there freezing with our hands under our armpits trying to keep warm. We must have been a real sight. We actually shared the chamber with Frank Bruno. He is a real legend, so it was great to meet him, but he made us look really weak because he was in there doing press-ups while me and Robbie were sitting there just trying to keep warm."

Thomas Hitzlsperger recently returned from a long thigh injury layoff in style when he scored the opener in Monday's FA Cup fifth round match against Burnley.

It was the German's first appearance for the club since he arrived from Lazio last summer and he is expected to be involved when the Hammers take on Liverpool at Upton Park tomorrow.

The home support quickly warned to the German, giving him the moniker of "Der Hammer" after his blistering 25-yard strike, but Grant has warned the fans not to expect too much too soon from the 28-year-old.

"He played very well given it was his first match after eight months but we need to wait a little bit to see him at his best," the Israeli said.

"He is an important player for us and he was part of our plan to be one of the leaders

"Had he been with us the whole season, we would have done better.

"He is intelligent, can score, can assist and work hard in the midfield."

Liverpool may be enjoying a renaissance under Kenny Dalglish, but Grant has warned the Reds that his team will fight hard to earn the win that could see them climb out of the relegation zone.

"It won't be easy to play Liverpool but we are hard to beat," Grant said.

"I think we have improved a lot in the last few weeks. We have scored many goals and our game is better and more efficient and we hope to continue this.

"We need the points and will do everything to get them."

the mirror

Kiwi quake has shaken Hammers defender

West Ham defender ­Winston Reid has seen his preparation for today’s vital clash with Liverpool turned upside down by the ­earthquake Down Under.

The New Zealand star gave his best performance for West Ham since joining this summer in Monday’s 5-1 FA Cup victory over Burnley.

However, within hours of the final whistle, news about Tuesday’s devastating ­earthquake in Christchurch began to filter through.

And Reid, signed for £4million from Danish club Midtjylland, admits he has barely given today’s game a second thought while his friends and family get to grips with the problems back home.

Reid, 22, said: “The game is put into ­perspective. Most of my family still live there so it was very unsettling. It was good my family are OK, but there are lots of ­people who have died.”

As for life at West Ham, he added: “After a tough start to the season with being injured, the League is everything I thought it would be.”

the star

WINSTON REID: DANES HAVE DESERTED KENNY

WEST HAM star Winston Reid has told Liverpool: You’re no longer a big team where I come from.

Defender Reid, 22, spent his teenage years in Denmark – a Liverpool-mad nation when Kenny Dalglish was in his prime on the pitch.

But there aren’t many Danes who will be getting worked up about the Scot taking his team to Upton Park today.

Reid said: “Liverpool have got two Danish internationals, Daniel Agger and Christian Poulsen, so there is still a Liverpool following over there.

“But most people in Denmark ­support Manchester United these days. Recently Chelsea have become more popular and now Manchester City are getting up there.

“United were the team I followed, I thought they were a good team.

“I always thought Agger was a good player but I didn’t exactly look up to him.

“And I haven’t seen much of Liverpool lately so it’s hard to say if they’ve improved much.”

Reid may have learned the game in Denmark but he plays for New Zealand, the country he left as a 10-year-old.

And that nation is still reeling from the earthquake that hit the city of Christchurch and killed more than 100 people.

He said: “Most of my family still live there so it was unsettling.

“It was a case of getting on the phone and making sure everyone was all right.

“Luckily they were all okay but there are still a lot of people who have died over there. It’s very ­unfortunate.”

Reid is keen to do all he can to help the relief efforts.

He said: “New Zealand will be playing games against Japan and China as fundraisers.

“I’m trying to sort some stuff out for the people back home.

“I’ll be auctioning some jerseys, boots and some other signed items. There might be a few things from the World

Cup that I can spare too.”

the telegraph

West Ham's Winston Reid to auction World Cup keepsakes for Christchurch earthquake recovery appeal

Winston Reid, the West Ham defender, is ready to auction off his prize World Cup keepsakes to raise vital funds for the recovery effort in Christchurch.

A 6.3 magnitude earthquake hit the city last Tuesday, just hours after New Zealand international Reid had starred in West Ham’s 5-1 victory over Burnley in the FA Cup last-16, in which he scored his first West Ham goal and produced an incredible goal-line clearance.

But what should have been a positive week for the 22-year-old, encouraged by his most impressive Hammers performance since his £4 million move from Midtjylland in the summer, turned swiftly into one riddled with worry.

“The other lads have been very good, and very understanding they’ve just asked how I am,” said Reid, who is set to face Liverpool in Sunday's vital clash at Upton Park. “But the game has been put into perspective - it was all very unsettling.

“It has just been a case of getting on the phone and making sure my friends and family were alright. Luckily enough they were but there are still a lot of people who have died down there.

“It has been very strange but it was nice to know nothing happened to my family. It was a tough time for New Zealanders in general and it still is.

"But hopefully the country can pull through.”

Although none of his loved ones are among the rising number of people who have been confirmed dead, or the hundreds who are still missing, the tragedy has had an understandable impact on the defender.

Born in Auckland to Maori parents, Reid and his mother moved to Denmark when he was aged 10, but with “the majority” of his family still in New Zealand — not to mention his broad Kiwi accent — there’s no doubting where the defender considers home.

And Reid became a genuine national treasure last summer when he scored the dramatic stoppage-time equaliser against Slovakia which ensured New Zealand finished the World Cup unbeaten.

But his next work will provide more tangible reward for the nation, who expect the recovery effort in Christchurch to cost a staggering $10 billion (NZ) (£4.6 billion).

Among the signed West Ham shirts and match-worn boots that Reid has managed to conjure up for auction since news of the earthquake filtered through to East London, the defender confirmed that his personal mementos from that unforgettable South African summer will also be flogged, with the proceeds going straight to Christchurch.

“New Zealand will be playing Japan and China in fundraising games,” he said.

“But it will take time to get everything up to speed again. I’m trying to sort some stuff out for the people back home at the moment.

"I’ll be auctioning some things for charity. I have a few contacts down there so I’ll see what I can do. I’ll be auctioning jerseys, boots and some other signed items. There might be some of my things from the World Cup too.”

official site

middle men inspire grant

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20110227/ ... 84_2303480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A dressing room bust-up with Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp could see Spurs full-back Alan Hutton leave White Hart Lane.
Metro

Under-pressure Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has dismissed rumours that he would swap striker Didier Drogba for Real Madrid playmaker Kaka.
Sunday Mirror

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has told Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal that left-back Emilio Izaguirre and midfielder Beram Kayal are not for sale.
Mail on Sunday

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is interested in Manchester City defender Micah Richards.
CaughtOffside.com

Meanwhile, City will settle for Ajax defender Gregory van der Wiel if they cannot persuade Dani Alves to leave Barcelona.
Goal.com

Roman Abramovich is ready to dump John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba as he continues his Stamford Bridge revolution.
Sunday Mirror

Arsenal are plotting a £20million summer raid for wantaway Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who is desperate for Champions League football.
Daily Star Sunday

Former Hull and Charlton boss Phil Parkinson is the running for the vacant Bradford City job. The shortlist also contains former Bradford players Peter Jackson and Dean Windass.
Sunday Mirror

Didier Drogba has warned he will quit Chelsea if he is dropped again for Tuesday's Premier League clash with Manchester United. Mail on Sunday

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is still having trouble persuading Paul Scholes to sign as a player for next season because he wants to play every game.
Mail on Sunday

Record £35million striker Andy Carroll has been ordererd to lose weight before he can make his long-awaited debut for Liverpool.
Sunday Express

Kenny Dalglish will be handed a two-year contract to become Liverpool's permanent boss, and the deal could be done before his 60th birthday on Friday.
Sunday Mirror

West Ham's New Zealand international Winston Reid has pledged to auction off his World Cup keepsakes in order to raise money for victims of the Christchurch earthquake.
Sunday Telegraph

Rangers boss Walter Smith says Scottish football is too repetitive. As he prepares to leave Ibrox, the 63-year-old says he is sick of visiting the same grounds all the time.
Sunday Telegraph

Cole shoots student with air rifle – Observer

Martinez furious over Rooney ‘elbow’ – Daily Telegraph

Kenny to Kop new two-year deal – Mirror

Wembley pitch is ‘best it’s ever been’, say officials ahead of Carling Cup final – Daily Mail

Arsene Wenger in for Kop Keeper – Daily Star

City learning value of Silva – Daily Telegraph

Unsettled Everton star Bilyaletdinov hints at Moscow exit in the summer – Daily Mail

Chelsea prove assistants have a key role – Observer

Andy Carroll told to lose the pounds – Express

Hammers chief reveals why he spared Grant the sack – Mirror

i have tried to get the mirror story about grant but you get a link to the people which has not updated it's site yet

thank f*** i cut and pasted this as i got logged out and would have lost the lot :shock:
Bobby Orangeboom

Re: sunday's gossip 27th feb includes west ham

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Anyone reckon Barry Hearn doesn't realise that LO are in the London Borough of Waltham Forest & West Ham & the Olympic Stadium/Village is in the London Borough of Newham ??
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Anyone reckon Barry Hearn doesn't realise that LO are in the London Borough of Waltham Forest & West Ham & the Olympic Stadium/Village is in the London Borough of Newham ??
I think that is where his argument falls flat on it's face. It's not as if we are moving area. I still don't understand how us moving there would affect him, but Spuds wouldn't. Confusing. ****.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

thanks CH much appreciated."COME ON YOU IRONS" :raver:
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Thanks mate :thup:
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

Barry Hearn, what a complete prick... :lol:

Pure greed!

Have a good feeling about today after Monday night, COYI!!!!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Anyone reckon Barry Hearn doesn't realise that LO are in the London Borough of Waltham Forest & West Ham & the Olympic Stadium/Village is in the London Borough of Newham ??

the ****ers do not play in the borough of newham but they still get a page in the newham recorder
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

Don't spuds, l'arse and chelski do aswell?

Cheers CH
Charle Hammer

Post by Charle Hammer »

Cheers CH, Always appreciated :thup:
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

I cant read this !!! far to many typos :wink:

Cheers CH. You sorted youre imageshack bollox then .
BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy »

As much as I appreciate what CH does, it's mostly misery reading every day. I now mostly log on to see Hammer's BOTD posts in this thread, and I'm glad he's an arse man instead of a tit man, as proved by all his pictures every day. Good work fella. Cheers me up after reading the news.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

cockney hammer wrote:
the w***ers do not play in the borough of newham but they still get a page in the newham recorder
Yeah, they used to geet the Page behind our 2 if i remmber rightly & only half a Page in the Waltham Forest Gazzette ( was that what it was called ? "
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

GingerJohn wrote:I cant read this !!! far to many typos :wink:

Cheers CH. You sorted youre imageshack bollox then .
started to use photobucket now
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Dyer's Leg wrote:I think that is where his argument falls flat on it's face. It's not as if we are moving area. I still don't understand how us moving there would affect him, but Spuds wouldn't. Confusing. c***.
His issue seems to be with the free tickets we have suggested giving out to schoolkids affecting the allegiances of future Orient fans.
If our business practices are his concern rather than anything alse then I don't see how anyone can do anything about his complaints. If we stayed at UP and still gave out all these free tickets, would he still be doing the same?

Can't see this having any legs tbh.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

CH

Cheers sunshine...much appreciated from a bleary eyed chilly 7:15 a.m here in Cuenca........(did have a bloody good kip though)..

Hammer more of 2 & 5 please mate....

Both of you, truly dedicated (and should be decorated...)

:thup:
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Hammer more of 2 & 5 please mate...
:wink:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

cockney hammer wrote:Collison.....suffered cartilage damage in Wales' 1-0 defeat to Sweden in Cardiff in March.

One word - COMPENSATION.

A year without one of our prime assets and we don't get anything for it.

Thanks for the update anyway CH. :thup:
Muddy
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.