monday's gossip 28th feb includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

monday's gossip 28th feb includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

Demba is the best Ba none

Demba Ba scored his third goal in as many starts for his new club to give the Hammers a huge boost in their relegation fight.

The Senegalese striker headed home the second goal as Liverpool were stunned 3-1 at Upton Park and roared: "I can get even better.

"I train hard and try to get the best out of Turn to myself. That's why I came here to West Ham."

Ba, who joined the Hammers from Hoffenheim last month, said: "We are very happy. Liverpool are not a team that give away points and we had a good game.

"If you look at the league table it says three points but for the confidence it is a very good win.

"All the games are very important, like the Liverpool game.

"So we are going to focus on the next training session and the Stoke match on Saturday and work hard to get three points next week. I haven't been here the whole season but from what I've seen we're playing well."

Delighted Hammers boss Avram Grant hailed his battlers as they brought a rejuvenated Liverpool side crashing down to earth.

He said: "All three goals were great finishes. Now there's more competition for places.

"The game was good, we played well, scored three and could have scored more. I'm happy."

Scott Parker, who gave West Ham the lead, said: "We stayed strong and it's a massive relief we got the three points."

the sun

Scott’s the daddy for Hammers

SCOTT PARKER dedicated his West Ham wonder goal to his poorly dad.

The Hammers midfielder's father Mick is recovering from major surgery.

But he was still at Upton Park to see his son set up a thumping win over Liverpool with a blistering 22nd-minute strike.

Man of the Match Parker also shrugged off his own injury problems by having a painkilling injection in a shoulder three hours before kick-off so he could play.

The England star said: "My dad has not been well for a while.

"I don't want to make a big thing out of it. My goal celebration was obviously partly to do with that but it was a good victory.

"It was our best performance of the season. We came out and dominated the first half.

"It got a bit jittery when they got a goal back but Carlton came on and earned us the victory. I had a bit of treatment on my shoulder. It's nothing really. Anyone else would have done the same.

"We need to push on now. Every one of us believes we shouldn't be where we are in the league."

West Ham are still in the bottom three but just one goal from safety behind Wolves.

Patched-up Parker struck a curling shot with the outside of his foot to put West Ham ahead before Demba Ba and Carlton Cole finished the job.

Hammers old boy Glen Johnson set up a frantic finish with a goal seven minutes from time but Avram Grant's strugglers held on.

Parker added: "I came inside as that was my only real angle to shoot and it's gone in. I was buzzing. We have given ourselves a chance of staying up."

The result would also have been a tonic for West Ham co-owner David Gold, currently in hospital suffering blood poisoning from a gall bladder condition.

Hammers chief Avram Grant said: "Scott is a special guy.

"The spirit he showed was great. Three hours before the game, we thought there was no way he would play.

"He couldn't walk or move his arms."

Liverpool's run of eight games without defeat came to a juddering halt and still they wait for new £35million striker Andy Carroll to make his debut because of a thigh injury.

Boss Kenny Dalgish admitted: "We're disappointed with the way we played. I don't know if it was an aftermath of playing in Europe on Thursday night but we didn't seem as good as we have been.

"We're analysing Andy every day. As soon as he is OK, he'll be involved."

the mirror

Hammers co-owner 'very poorly' in hospital

West Ham co-owner David Gold was "very poorly" in hospital on Sunday, with the 74-year-old being treated for cholangitis and septicaemia.

Gold missed the Hammers' game against Liverpool and daughter Jacqueline, said: He is very poorly.

"He is on powerful antibiotics and we hope to see an improvement in the next few days.

"He asked me to be at the Liverpool game today on his behalf and is absolutely devastated he could not be there himself."

Both conditions cause potentially serious inflammation, with cholangitis attacking the bile duct.
Maroonmachine

Re: monday's gossip 28th feb includes west ham

Post by Maroonmachine »

Thanks CH, can't get enough of that pic of Scotty and Hitz, proper footballers in a West Ham shirt at last!

Thought we were down and out a few games ago, but now there's renewed hope! :raver:
damiant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by damiant »

cheers ch
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 422 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Cheers, CH.
I had a bit of treatment on my shoulder. It's nothing really. Anyone else would have done the same.
'It's just a flesh-wound' said one-legged Hammers star Parker after his MoM performance in winning the FACup :lol:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.
swehammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by swehammer »

Thanks CH! Beautiful morning here in Sweden!
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

Cheers CH.

Nipply here on Tyneside....but the world seems just beautiful today! :D
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Many thanks CH.
Is Scott the new Bonzo ?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Ain't it about time they sorted the ****ing training pitches out? How many players have been injured because of the state of them?
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Dyer's Leg wrote:Ain't it about time they sorted the f***ing training pitches out? How many players have been injured because of the state of them?
Agree 100% the pitches have been bad even before Grant was here, cant we hire out some other pitches while we get ours renovated?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Did we end up buying the old ford land, or was that another shining example of Dux ****?
Mr.Miklosko

Post by Mr.Miklosko »

Dalglish said later: "There was nothing that West Ham did that surprised us".

Really? I'm sure there was Kenny. It surprised most of us anyway...
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

sorry there was no update as the computers are down at work
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

Cheers CH :thup:
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

The illness David Gold is suffering from appears to be connected with a Gall bladder problem he had previously.
Very serious for a man of his years, and very painfull by the sounds of it too.

Let's hope that he makes a good recovery,

Thanks CH, and hammer.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Thanks CH