tusday's news 23rd august includes west ham updated

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

PrinceH

Re: tusday's news 23rd august includes west ham

Post by PrinceH »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
Difference being Man Utd's youngsters are class, ours are realistically, not that good. I've have Barton over Stanislas any day over the next 2/3 seasons.
"Of course" they are better than ours, but their whole team are u know, we are not even a PL side anymore, if you haven't noticed. You can't compare. But you can show the young your belief: IF Welbeck can start in front of Berbatov, I'd say Stanislas can be given a go instead of Taylor/Collison a game or two...
So if Welbeck is better than Stanislas, still don't make me want to sell Stanislas to Burnley, and loan out someone like Spence for a year. Some must go, not everyone make it, but apart from Tomka - sooo good - we are not even giving them a chance on the bench at the moment. Ferguson does....
Some of ours have pace and energy, something we seem to have lacked in most of our first games.....

And no, I am not against loaning out players, or letting some go, and I respect Sam a lot, but I hope Sam's eagerness to win just makes him rely on 30 year olds he has bought - because I think it's better to blend a bit.... Want to see Barrera as well.

(I would not say that Noble are a youngster anymore. Collison, maybe, he is a year older than Junior.)
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1272 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

So in summary, don't loan out or sell young players, but it's OK to loan out and sell young players providing we don't rely on the 30 year old signings Taylor and Collison for the whole season.

Maybe also sign Wellbeck.

I see.
Adie64
Has liked: 466 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH :thup:
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

What is this Obsession with Sam and the media he is getting as bad as Brady and now Nolan over Barton, the players and the manager should do all the talking on the pitch with our performances at present.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by clawhammer »

Hatcham Iron wrote:i don,t usualy comment on potential new signings but i would hate to see swp in a west ham shirt.he thinks he is bigger than us plus we dont need a billy big boots in our dressing room, we have in my opinion a good spirit in the club at the moment with players who want to play for west ham, swp no way i say steer clear. thanks CH as always for my first read of the day :crest:
SWP could not be bigger than anybody. I also know for a FACT that he wears bootees crotcheted by his Mum.
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Get rid of Stanislas. He has shown consistently over the last two seasons that he can't cut it.

We dont want Bridge back.

Get Barton in!
hammersi01

Post by hammersi01 »

jaybs wrote:What is this Obsession with Sam and the media he is getting as bad as Brady and now Nolan over Barton, the players and the manager should do all the talking on the pitch with our performances at present.
How can you come out with a comment like that, without knowing the full facts? Most of these comments were probably after the Leeds game, and the paper, having nothing exciting to write, bring up old news. Part of being a footballer/manager is dealing with the press. It's hardly like Big Sam is interviewed everyday!
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cheers CH Stanislas to Burnley gets my vote. Hopefully, they will come in for Sears too.
HammerForever

Post by HammerForever »

i would only agree with selling Stanislas and Sears if we are going to replace them. There are lot of games in this league including the cup run we'll have too i think we need a couple of "back up" players like those 2 mentioned because there will be injuries and there will be 2 games a week a lot of the time.
blaze.s8n
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by blaze.s8n »

Cheers CH. :thup:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Are City now skint then after all their summer signings that they have to offer us two players in a straight swop for Parker? Think we should tell them, "You've gotta be joking to offer us a full back who was an unimitigated disaster when here on loan with us last season. He is no better than our Um Bongo and in fact, our Um Bongo is possibly, marginally better. Tell you what, give us £3m and SWP and you've got a deal"
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

jaybs wrote:What is this Obsession with Sam and the media he is getting as bad as Brady and now Nolan over Barton, the players and the manager should do all the talking on the pitch with our performances at present.
What's the obsession with negative posts?

Maybe if the media focus on Sam it'll ease the pressure on the players - a group of individuals who have exhibited shattered confidence for nearly three seasons.
First it was the pressure of fighting relegation, which they failed at; Now it's the pressure of being one of the larger teams and being expected to bounce straight back at first time of asking.
Mouriniho did it at Chelsea - the focus was largely on the 'Special One' which gave the players more room to breathe.
It is Sam's job to rebuild confidence and rebuild a team.
Talking us up (and it being recycled again and again because we are still a big story to the press thanks to the last couple of years merry go round) is hardly the same as Brady talking about some Chairmen's infidelity is it?

As for Nolan who the f*** cares if says he'd love Barton here - I would too.
Every **** under the sun can talk about Parker going to Spurs/Arse/Man Citeh/Villa/Stoke/QPR/Any where - Nolan and Sam might be the key to getting Barton so have at it I say.
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup: James Tomkins was my MOM on sunday, and at the current way he is playing will soon become a world class hammers legend, thanks to the confidence instilled and support given by the new management team
Aceface
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 1444 likes

Post by Aceface »

Puff Daddy wrote:"You've gotta be joking to offer us a full back who was an unimitigated disaster when here on loan with us last season. He is no better than our Um Bongo and in fact, our Um Bongo is possibly, marginally better. Tell you what, give us £3m and SWP and you've got a deal"
Are you having a laugh? Wayne Bridge may not have been everyone's cup of tea here (personally I thought he was fine post-Arsenal, despite being ridiculously overpaid) but he is without a shadow of a doubt better than Herita
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Puff Daddy wrote:Are City now skint then after all their summer signings that they have to offer us two players in a straight swop for Parker? Think we should tell them, "You've gotta be joking to offer us a full back who was an unimitigated disaster when here on loan with us last season. He is no better than our Um Bongo and in fact, our Um Bongo is possibly, marginally better. Tell you what, give us £3m and SWP and you've got a deal"
Did you actually see Bridge play last season? :lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Georgee Paris wrote:

Did you actually see Bridge play last season? :lol:
Why the laughing emoticon George ? Sorry, don't get it. ~ Bridge was shocking for us, probably due in no small measure to the fact that he was shagged out from knobbing that bird from The Saturdays every night of the week. He has one good game for us, but that was about it
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

:| He was as good as any left back we have had since Dicks in his prime.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH!
Rode one wrong

Post by Rode one wrong »

Cheers CH.

"Max Gradel is set to snub West Ham, who want to sign the Leeds striker. Allardyce has had a £2million bid rejected - but Gradel said: "If I keep playing well, I'll end up somewhere better.""

Cheeky scamp.