tusday's news 23rd august includes west ham updated

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Rt Hon Tomas Repka

Re: tusday's news 23rd august includes west ham

Post by Rt Hon Tomas Repka »

Puff Daddy wrote:Bridge was shocking for us, probably due in no small measure to the fact that he was shagged out from knobbing that bird from The Saturdays every night of the week.
Sounds like your mind was made up about him before he'd even played a game for us...
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Rt. Hon. Tomas Repka wrote: [

Sounds like your mind was made up about him before he'd even played a game for us...
No, My expectations of him were high, but I was astonished how poor he was. Never once, I don't think, ever got tight to his his marker and was turned to frequenetly on the inside. Very, very, poor, I thought, which was a huge surprise to me
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

There's something about Barton that makes me want to see him running around Upton Park in a West Ham shirt, I am definitely a fan! I'd love Parker to stay, but if he doesn't, bring in Barton! :crest:
JLCABA
Has liked: 203 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

No, My expectations of him were high, but I was astonished how poor he was. Never once, I don't think, ever got tight to his his marker and was turned to frequenetly on the inside. Very, very, poor, I thought, which was a huge surprise to me[/quote]

Given that Left back's performances and fitness should be judged on the shagability of their missus

Can you imagine what Tommy McQueen's bird was like in the sack :raver:
Aceface
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 1445 likes

Post by Aceface »

Rode one wrong wrote: "Max Gradel is set to snub West Ham, who want to sign the Leeds striker. Allardyce has had a £2million bid rejected - but Gradel said: "If I keep playing well, I'll end up somewhere better.""

Cheeky scamp.
To be fair, it's not clear he was referring specifically to West Ham. It's far more likely he was describing his current situation at Leeds
Rode one wrong

Post by Rode one wrong »

Hmm, not sure about that Ace. What about this line

'Are Fulham interested in buying me? Yes. I know West Ham are interested in buying me, too.'

Sounds like he's excited the class queen bee might be interested in him while he's embarrassed by the unwanted interest of the dumpy frump.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

london 24

Faubert still wants to leave West Ham

France international Julien Faubert insists he wants to leave Upton Park despite his repsect for new manager Sam Allardyce, after the ‘worst season’ of his career.

France international Julien Faubert is still looking towards the Upton Park exit door despite a huge improvement in his form so far this season.

The 28-year-old came on as a substitute against Leeds United on Sunday and it was his cross that led to Patrick Kisnorbo’s hilarious own goal, while last Tuesday he made his first appearance of the campaign, setting-up Scott Parker for the fourth and final goal in the rout of Watford.

But as far as Faubert is concerned, his days at West Ham may be numbered.

“For me, I still want a move,” confessed the winger, who had a terrible time under Avram Grant last season.

“It wasn’t a tough time last season, I had the worst season in my career to be honest,” he said.

Patience and respect

“I think everything has now changed. The new manager has come with patience and with respect as well.

“He respects all the players and that is not what happened last season,” said the Frenchman with a sideways swipe at his former boss.

Faubert made just 14 starts in all competitions last season and was not seen in a claret and blue shirt after the disastrous Carling Cup semi-final debacle at Birmingham City way back in January.

He may still crave a move, but Faubert certainly has plenty of time for Sam Allardyce.

“We sat down and we talked man to man and I said to him, ‘if you need me at any time, I will give my best any time while I’m here.

“I think that is why I like this kind of man, because even if I’m not in the starting eleven, he respects me and he respects what I’ve done before in football and he knows I can help the team.”

West Ham are ready to hear offers for the Frenchman, just as they are for their three England internationals, but it seems that there is little interest in him at the moment.

“Of course, if I have to stay here I will because this is the best job you can have in your life,” he said. “I don’t think you can complain and I think that this manager knows what he is doing and that is why I try my best for him.”

london 24

Nice striker turns down West Ham move

West Ham target Eric Mouloungui has revealed that he is not especially keen on leaving his current club, Nice.

The Gabon international, who was first linked with the Hammers a few weeks ago, has been the subject of an alleged £2milllion bid, which was rejected by the Ligue 1 outfit.

However, it is expected that West Ham will return with an improved bid of around £2.5million, which would test Nice’s resolve to keep hold of the 27 year old, who can play either up front or on the wing.

“I do not want to leave (Nice),” Mouloungui told Nice’s official website.

“It is true that staying in my situation (his contract ends in June 2012) is complicated.

“I talked with the president, and we want to find the best solution for the team and me.

“In football, everything is fast, but today I am 100 per cent Nice.

“I am here, I get along with the staff. I have earned the confidence in recent months.

“Now I have to be effective.”

Despite Mouloungui’s recent revelations, a West Ham spokesman revealed that the player, who has scored 14 goals in 80 appearances for Nice, is expected to arrive in England this week, to discuss a move to Upton Park.

team talk

Home win will come - Nolan

.West Ham captain Kevin Nolan is confident that elusive first home win is just around the corner.

The Hammers have conceded last-minute goals in losing to Cardiff on the opening day and being pegged back 2-2 by Leeds on Sunday.

Boss Sam Allardyce blamed a "fear factor" around Upton Park but midfielder Nolan insists the players have to learn to handle the pressure.

"We have to deal with the expectation," he said.

"But what I will say is if we continue to play like that, we will start getting the results at home."

news post leader

Dean successful in West Ham trial

Blyth Town Under-15's goalkeeper Dean Parsons with West Ham United's head goalkeeping coach Paul Tighe.

BLYTH Town Under 15’s goalkeeper Dean Parsons has been signed up after a successful trial with West Ham United.

The youngster has only been a keeper for two years and has got into the East Northumberland side.

The Championship side’s goalkeeping coach Paul Tighe said it was hard to believe Dean had only been a keeper for two seasons as he spent most of his trial with the older squad at their academy, where he more than held his own.

Paul said he is looking forward to working with Dean this year.

West Ham's Kevin Nolan has encouraged the club to sign his former Newcastle team-mate Joey Barton if they sell Scott Parker before the summer transfer window closes.
Full story: Daily Mirror

AC Milan confirm they are in talks to sign Liverpool's Alberto Aquilani, as QPR target a loan deal for his Anfield team-mate Joe Cole.

Chelsea want Juventus keeper Marco Storari as back-up for Petr Cech.

Bolton aim to sign three players this week - Liverpool striker David Ngog for £4m-plus and Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips for £2m, while also taking City's defender Dedryck Boyata on loan.

Wolves are set to offer veteran midfielder Jimmy Bullard a Premier League lifeline after he was sacked by Hull over an incident during a pre-season tour.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has insisted that Kevin Doyle, a rumoured target for Liverpool, is not leaving Molineux.
(Daily Star)

But Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is more likely to succeed with an £8m move for Birmingham defender Scott Dann.
Full story: Daily Star

Arsenal are ready to break the bank to bring Bayern Munich's Bastian Schweinsteiger to Emirates Stadium.
Full story: Fanatix

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas is planning to bolster his defence by signing Porto's Rolando and Ajax's Gregory van der Wiel before the transfer window shuts.
Full story: Fanatix

Arsenal are trying to offload Sebastian Squillaci - but they cannot find a taker for the French defender.
Full story: talkSPORT

Tottenham failed with bids for Ashley Young, Phil Jones and Stewart Downing during the current transfer window.
Full story: Metro

Inter Milan are weighing up a move for Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt, according to sources in Italy.
Full story: talkSPORT

Striker Kuyt will reject Inter's interest in favour of staying at Anfield.
Full story: Daily Mail

Manchester City have been set a deadline of Wednesday morning to complete a deal for Samir Nasri else risk the player being cup tied for the Champions League, with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger looking to include Nasri in the starting XI in their qualifying second leg.
Full story: Footybunker.com

Lille striker Moussa Sow is keen on a move to Arsenal and Real Madrid.
Full story: Inside Futbol

Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy is being tracked by Liverpool ahead of a potential Anfield return.
Full story: Daily Mail Everton and Celtic want Birmingham defender Liam Ridgewell on loan after the 27-year-old's £3m move to West Brom broke down following talks.
Full story: Daily Mail
OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is the latest star to get embroiled in a Twitter row with journalist Piers Morgan.
Full story: Metro

Spurs target Emmanuel Adebayor has told the club they must strengthen their squad, starting with his Real Madrid team-mate Lassana Diarra, if he is to join them.

Rangers were incensed to learn an appeal against Steven Whittaker's three-match ban was rejected by Uefa because of his sending off for Scotland nearly a year ago.
Full story: Daily Record

It's only eight days, 14 hours and 384,234,235,093,123,126 cubic litres of hot air to the closing of the transfer window. A tough week lies ahead, so let's get Tuesday out of the way quick sticks, in and out without too much collateral damage to the spirit, eh.

Having got shot of Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Liverpool are in the market for a defender to sit alongside Martin Skrtel on the bench. In a break from the norm, they've lined up a player with some vowels in his surname, the 20-year-old Uruguayan Sebastian Coates. Scott Dann is also a target.

Meantime, they're also pondering a bid for Wolverhampton Wanderers' Kevin Doyle, and a return for the poor man's Luis Suárez, Craig Bellamy, who has been deemed surplus to requirements at just about everywhere, but specifically at the moment Manchester City. Sunderland, Stoke City, Bolton Wanderers, Celtic and – please suppress a giggle, spreadsheet fans – Everton are also interested.

Yes, it's all happening at Liverpool. Queens Park Rangers want Joe Cole. Milan are after Alberto Aquilani. Bolton Wanderers will sign David Ngog, in addition to the Manchester City duo Shaun Wright Phillips and Dedryck Boyata. And Dirk Kuyt has insisted he's staying put despite strong interest from Internazionale, who are looking to inject a lack of pace into their front line.

Elsewhere, the Birmingham City defender Liam Ridgewell is a loan target for Everton and Celtic after his move to West Bromwich Albion fell through. Everton are particularly interested in making the deal permanent once they scrape together some cash, says Bill Kenwr … no, we can't in all honesty finish that, we'd just be messing you about.

West Ham United want arch social networker Joey Barton and the Leeds striker Max Gradel, though the latter has his sights set higher. "If I keep playing well, I'll end up somewhere better," he says. Leeds?

Wolverhampton Wanderers are planning to offer daily employment to workshy layabout Jimmy Bullard.

And Newcastle are cooking up a scheme to spend £7m on the Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga.

Seven down, 384,234,235,093,123,119 to go.

Manchester City have entered the race for Scott Parker, Shaun Wright-Phillips is set to join Bolton and Fulham want Leeds forward Max Gradel.
.Sir Alex Ferguson beamed with pride after seeing his Manchester United youngsters - inspired by Danny Welbeck - rip Tottenham apart with three second-half goals at Old Trafford last night.
Arsenal face having Arsene Wenger banned from the touchlines for two European games and are furious after their chance to appeal was delayed. As of last night, UEFA had failed to send through the relevant document required for the club to act.
Manchester City have made an enquiry for West Ham's Scott Parker.
Fulham have been told they must double their offer for FC Twente's Nacer Cahdli.
Leeds wantaway forward Max Gradel has confirmed Fulham are rivalling West Ham and Leicester for his signature.
Scott Parker to sign for in Summer 2011 Transfer Window. Click here to bet.
..: Alex Ferguson gave his United kids the hairdryer treatment at half-time. And the boys came out as men to blow away Tottenham.
Arsene Wenger is going into battle over his new two-match touchline ban from UEFA.
Udinese star Antonio Di Natale says Arsenal are in crisis heading into Wednesday's Champions League showdown.
Kevin Nolan wants Joey Barton to join him at West Ham United.
Real Madrid expect Lassana Diarra to join Tottenham within the next 24 hours.
Newcastle may be reported to UEFA in their bid for Modibo Maiga.
Chelsea new boy Juan Mata turned down Arsenal and Tottenham to join the Andre Villas-Boas revolution at Chelsea.
Florent Malouda says Roman Abramovich was wrong to sack Carlo Ancelotti last season.
..Arsene Wenger's attempts to recruit desperately needed reinforcements to bolster his faltering side may rest on Arsenal's abilities to reach the Champions League.
..Manchester United offered a tantalising glimpse of what the future may hold in store as one of the youngest teams in the club's history brushed aside Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford last night.
Arsene Wenger is planning to defy Roberto Mancini and name Samir Nasri in his squad for Arsenal's Champions League play-off second leg against Udinese on Wednesday evening.
..Sir Alex Ferguson hailed match-winner Danny Welbeck as United demolished Tottenham with a stunning second-half performance.
Arsenal are demanding UEFA hear their appeal to Arsene Wenger's touchline ban before Wednesday's Champions League play-off crunch with Udinese.
Emmanuel Adebayor wants Spurs to spell out their ambition before moving back to the London club.
Samir Nasri's £23million move to Man City could collapse if Arsene Wenger picks him against Udinese tomorrow night.
Chelsea's new signing Juan Mata will return to Spain today to say farewell to his former Valencia team-mates.
..The season is barely begun but Manchester United set off in pursuit of a 20th league title with the familiar persistence.
..Danny Welbeck took centre stage for Manchester United at Old Trafford last night.
Arsene Wenger has astonishingly told new skipper Robin van Persie he is happy with his Arsenal squad.
Shaun Wright-Philips will join Bolton for £2.5million this week - if the stumbling block over his wages can be overcome.
Wolves manager Mick McCarthy insists Wolves' star Kevin Doyle is not for sale.
Swansea winger Nathan Dyer ended speculation about his future by signing a new three-year deal with the club.
..Sir Alex Ferguson's fledgling stars grew up last night at Old Trafford.
Juan Mata jetted into London yesterday to complete his £26million move to Chelsea from Valencia.
John Carew has told West Ham they need to keep Scott Parker and Carlton Cole if they want to return to the Premier League.
Mick McCarthy is weighing up a move for Hull midfielder Jimmy Bullard, who is a free agent.
Kenny Dalglish has accepted some of the responsibility for Andy Carroll's underwhelming start to life at Liverpool.
..Ominous, very ominous. The kids are more than all right. Sir Alex Ferguson put his faith in youth last night was rewarded with a fine goal from Danny Welbeck, good shifts from Tom Cleverley and particularly Phil Jones and a clean sheet for David De Gea.
..Ally McCoist was stunned last night when UEFA booted out Steven Whittaker's three-game ban - because he was red-carded for Scotland nearly a year ago.

DAILY MAIL: Sir Alex Ferguson beamed with pride after seeing his Manchester United youngsters - inspired by Danny Welbeck - rip Tottenham apart with three second-half goals at Old Trafford last night. Also: Arsenal face having Arsene Wenger banned from the touchlines for two European games and are furious after their chance to appeal was delayed. As of last night, UEFA had failed to send through the relevant document required for the club to act.

THE SUN: Alex Ferguson gave his United kids the hairdryer treatment at half-time. And the boys came out as men to blow away Tottenham. Also: Arsene Wenger is going into battle over his new two-match touchline ban from UEFA...

THE INDEPENDENT: Arsene Wenger's attempts to recruit desperately needed reinforcements to bolster his faltering side may rest on Arsenal's abilities to reach the Champions League.

THE TIMES: Manchester United offered a tantalising glimpse of what the future may hold in store as one of the youngest teams in the club's history brushed aside Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford last night. Also: Arsene Wenger is planning to defy Roberto Mancini and name Samir Nasri in his squad for Arsenal's Champions League play-off second leg against Udinese tomorrow evening.

DAILY MIRROR: Sir Alex Ferguson hailed match-winner Danny Welbeck as United demolished Tottenham with a stunning second-half performance. ... Arsenal are demanding UEFA hear their appeal to Arsene Wenger's touchline ban before tomorrow's Champions League play-off crunch with Udinese.

THE GUARDIAN: The season is barely begun but Manchester United set off in pursuit of a 20th league title with the familiar persistence DAILY STAR: Danny Welbeck took centre stage for Manchester United at Old Trafford last night. Also: Arsene Wenger has astonishingly told new skipper Robin van Persie he is happy with his Arsenal squad.

DAILY EXPRESS: Sir Alex Ferguson's fledgling stars grew up last night at Old Trafford. Also: Juan Mata jetted into London yesterday to complete his £26million move to Chelsea from Valencia... DAILY TELEGRAPH: Ominous, very ominous. The kids are more than all right. Sir Alex Ferguson put his faith in youth last night was rewarded with a fine goal from Danny Welbeck, good shifts from Tom Cleverley and particularly Phil Jones and a clean sheet for David De Gea.
nobleforengland

Re: tusday's news 23rd august includes west ham updated

Post by nobleforengland »

Cheers CH :thup:
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Many Thanks CH.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

PrawnSandwich wrote:Now it's the pressure of being one of the larger teams and being expected to bounce straight back at first time of asking.Mouriniho did it at Chelsea

It is Sam's job to rebuild confidence and rebuild a team.

As for Nolan who the f*** cares if says he'd love Barton here - I would too.

We are under a lot of pressure there is no denying that! we saw that clearly Sunday, but please don't try and compare Sam to Mourinho.

Yes it is Sam's job to rebuild confidence and the team, but not in the media on the pitch, the biggest mistake of any management is to get people to believe the hype they read in the media.

Barton can be good as long as he behaves, would he?
BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy »

Yorkshire 'ammer

Post by Yorkshire 'ammer »

I really hope Nolan convinces his mate Morrissey to join us.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Thanks CH
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Side of Ham wrote:You've also left out Collison, Sears and Tompkins
-
Tompkins, is he another yooof player then, never heard of him before :wink:
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

"I do not want to leave (Nice),” Mouloungui told Nice’s official website. “It is true that staying in my situation (his contract ends in June 2012) is complicated. “I talked with the president, and we want to find the best solution for the team and me. “In football, everything is fast, but today I am 100 per cent Nice.
-
If true, why on earth would we be trying to sign a player who doesn't want to play for us.....I'd rather we use this money to cover possible Barton wages or indeed part of Parkers wages if he stays..