thursday's news 22nd sept includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

thursday's news 22nd sept includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

official site

'He comes alive around the box'

Martin Allen is looking forward to seeing Sam Baldock make a name for himself at West Ham United.

The former Hammers midfielder had the young striker at MK Dons and believed then that he had the ability to go far in the game. Allen, now managing at Notts County, told West Ham TV that Baldock, 22, was reminiscent of a former West Ham United favourite.

"He is cool, calm and a finisher. He is Cottee-like. He is not always involved at the other end of the field but he is razor sharp. He comes alive around the box and he can finish."

Baldock made his Hammers bow off the bench at Millwall last Saturday, and like David Bentley and Papa Bouba Diop is pushing hard for his first home start at the Boleyn Ground in the claret and blue - perhaps with Saturday's Kids for a Fiver visit of Peterborough United.

Allen said the No7 was someone who was devoted to becoming the best he can be. "I put him in the team when he was young. He has tremendous pace and is a down to earth, steady character. He has worked hard on his game off the field."

Meanwhile, Allen continues to work closely with another of West Ham's young guns, Cristian Montano. The 19-year-old Colombian-born attacker has been a revelation in his extended loan at the County Ground, which now runs until 9 October.

"Cristian is quick, has a good left foot and is very positive," added Allen. "He has played up front a little bit and out wide on the left. He is a great lad, trains hard and wants to do well. He is down to earth and a steady decent bloke."

talksport

Barrera not planning to make West Ham return

West Ham winger Pablo Barrera does not want to return to the Championship club once his season-long loan spell at Real Zaragoza ends.

The Mexican midfielder joined the La Liga side in August after the Hammers were relegated into the Championship.

The forward helped Mexico to victory in the Gold Cup in the summer, with a brace in the 2-0 final victory over USA, but did not want to continue his new-found form back in England.

"I am calmer and happier now and I have finally have a home where I feel comfortable," Barrera told Marca.

"As soon as I knew that Zaragoza were interested in me, I wanted to come here. I'm very happy and want to show that on the pitch.

The 24-year-old suffered a 6-0 drubbing against Real Madrid on his debut but his most recent run-out, his third for the club, ended in a 2-1 win over Espanyol on Sunday.

And now Barerra wants to prolong his stay in Spain, beyond the end of the season, despite having a contract at Upton Park until 2014.

"I pressed for this move," he said. "From the first moment I heard that Zaragoza were asking about me I wanted to go.

"I know people have high hopes for me and support me, so I am responding on the field starting with that win against Espanyol on Sunday. Now I'd like to do the right thing and stay here in Zaragoza."

Arsenal are ready to make a £10m January transfer move for versatile Fiorentina star Juan Manuel Vargas.
Daily Mirror

Striker Michael Owen has hinted that he will leave Manchester United next summer to get more playing time in the final years of his career.
Daily Mirror

Manchester City youngster Gai Assulin says is he considering his future at the club already - just under a year after signing for Roberto Mancini's side from Barcelona.
talkSPORT

Birmingham could hand a new deal to out-of-contract James McFadden. The Scotland forward has been out for a year with a knee injury but is now training with his old team-mates.
Daily Mirror

Arsenal are rumoured to be monitoring Barcelona youngster Rafa Alcantara with a view to making a move to capture the teenager in the January transfer window.
Caught Offside

Aston Villa are set to go head-to-head with Italian side Napoli to sign Rosenborg and Norway midfielder Markus Henriksen.
Daily Mirror

Tottenham are plotting a cut-price January move for striker Eder Lopes, whose Portuguese side Academica de Coimbra would rather sell than lose him on a free in the summer.
Daily Mirror

Liverpool and Tottenham will have to go head-to-head with Roma if they are to capture Sao Paulo's 19-year-old midfielder Lucas.
Inside Futbol

Argentina legend Diego Maradona has revealed that he tried to persuade Real Madrid to sign his son-in-law Sergio Aguero this summer.
talkSPORT

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka is yet to decide whether to extend his contract at Stamford Bridge.
the Sun

Newcastle defender Danny Simpson believes the club can 'do a Birmingham' and win the Carling Cup because the top clubs' current interests lie elsewhere.
Daily Mirror

QPR new boy Joey Barton is already whipping Adel Taarabt into shape on the training ground - just weeks after displacing him as club captain.
Metro

Blackburn owners Venkys look set to hold face-to-face talks with representatives of the club's supporters in India next month.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Tottenham's Jermain Defoe and Fulham's Bobby Zamora joined Manchester United duo Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand as the latest victims of urban street magician 'Dynamo'.
Metro

babe of the day

http://pbff.playboygirls.com/pic00113/p ... 87JP_9.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bobby Orangeboom

Re: thursday's news 22nd sept includes west ham

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Thanks CH, seems it's best for everyone that Barerra moves on permanently when his Loan's up..
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Jeez CH, are the mofo's upstairs kicking off again and woke you up...........
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.
Good bit of news that. Baldrick sounds like a good lad and a good buy, and Barerra wants to bugger off.
maltab

Post by maltab »

"I know people have high hopes for me and support me, so I am responding on the field , says Barrera.

So how come the West ham fans made you welcome,gave you their full backing.Didn,t exactly see you respond to that.
Glad to see the back of,if he feels that way.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH, I think it's best Barrera goes at the end of his loan at least we'll get a reasonable sum from his sale, and as for Baldock I would like to see him get a reasonable amount of time to show us what he can do on Saturday.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

maltab wrote:"I know people have high hopes for me and support me, so I am responding on the field , says Barrera.

So how come the West ham fans made you welcome,gave you their full backing.Didn,t exactly see you respond to that.
Glad to see the back of,if he feels that way.
It's just cliched, fabricated, agent influenced, professional Footballer tripe..
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 857 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH as always.

Shame about Barrera, but clearly he doesn't fancy coming back, so adios Pablo. Looking forward to seeing Baldock play now.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1227 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by last.caress »

I'm not bothered about Barrera. It's one of those things, and it doesn't matter how excellently he performs for Meheeco, or Tharagotha. Some players just can't cut it for love nor money outside of their "environment". He isn't the same player outside of a Hispanic climate/culture, and that's that. The only way West Ham will see the best of him is if we give up the OS, relocate to Marbella and register for La Liga. A pity, but hey-ho. Let's go.

Cheers CH, as ever :thup:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Muddy wrote:Cheers CH.
Good bit of news that. Baldrick sounds like a good lad and a good buy, and Barerra wants to bugger off.
my prediction is the balDOCK will be a huge success at west ham. Think he'll become the kind of striker we've dreamed of for years. Of course if we keep lumpjng the ball forward... :shock:
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain

Post by Ted Fenton »

last.caress wrote:The only way West Ham will see the best of him is if we give up the OS, relocate to Marbella and register for La Liga.
Marbella isn't my cup of tea, but I'd gladly make the hour's journey there regularly if this came about .. .. .. if only, if only! :lol:
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

It seems we were a stepping stone for Barrera after all :lol:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH as alway's :thup: Let's keep our fingers crossed with Baldock. COYI
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

cheers cockers! :thup:
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

last.caress wrote:I'm not bothered about Barrera. It's one of those things, and it doesn't matter how excellently he performs for Meheeco, or Tharagotha. Some players just can't cut it for love nor money outside of their "environment". He isn't the same player outside of a Hispanic climate/culture, and that's that. The only way West Ham will see the best of him is if we give up the OS, relocate to Marbella and register for La Liga. A pity, but hey-ho. Let's go.

Cheers CH, as ever :thup:
Sad but true LC. Many thanks CH.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Barrea had a new lease of life this year with Big Sam coming in but choose not to knuckle down and fight, poor show in my view.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

another tc, that would be nice. ta ch :thup:
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

last.caress wrote:I'm not bothered about Barrera. It's one of those things, and it doesn't matter how excellently he performs for Meheeco, or Tharagotha. Some players just can't cut it for love nor money outside of their "environment". He isn't the same player outside of a Hispanic climate/culture, and that's that. The only way West Ham will see the best of him is if we give up the OS, relocate to Marbella and register for La Liga. A pity, but hey-ho. Let's go.
To Marbella? :D
Time is Money

Post by Time is Money »

Cheers CH.

Dont agree with what Barrera is doing, but I feel that if we can get 3-4 million from his move then we will have done the right thing.