thursday's news 10th november includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

thursday's news 10th november includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

David Gold admits Olympic Stadium doubts

DAVID GOLD has admitted that West Ham may not move into the Olympic Stadium.

The Hammers were awarded the stadium earlier this year but the deal collapsed and a new tender process has been launched.

Co-chairman Gold has reiterated his desire to leave West Ham's Boleyn Ground, but admits there are now major doubts over whether the club will win the rights to rent the Stratford site.

Gold told talkSPORT: "I am ruling out developing the Boleyn, that would be pouring money down the drain.

"But what we can't do is nothing. West Ham have been at the Boleyn for over 100 years.

"I believe we are the eighth largest supported club in the country, and yet we perform more like the 20th biggest, and that's because we are at the Boleyn.

"So we have to change that. The obvious change that everyone is looking at is the Olympic Stadium.

"But there is a doubt — there are issues unresolved."

the mirror

Gold: Hammers may not move to Olympic Stadium

West Ham co-chairman David Gold has admitted for the first time the club may not move into the Olympic Stadium.

The Hammers were awarded the stadium earlier this year only for the deal to collapse last month due to legal challenges by Tottenham and Leyton Orient, as well as an anonymous complaint to the European Commission.

A new tender process is being launched by the Olympic Park Legacy Company and the venue, complete with an athletics track, will now be rented out after the London 2012 Games with West Ham seemingly the most likely tenants.

But Gold today revealed that while the club remain desperate to leave their current Boleyn Ground at Upton Park, there is now a doubt surrounding their plans to move into the Stratford site.

"I have mixed feelings," Gold told talkSPORT. "The Olympic Stadium is very exciting, but we need a consultancy procedure with our fans, that is important.

"I am ruling out developing the Boleyn, that would be pouring money down the drain.

"But what we can't do is nothing. West Ham have been at the Boleyn for over 100 years. I believe we are the eighth largest supported club in the country, and yet we perform more like the 20th biggest, and that's because we are at the Boleyn.

"So we have to change that. The obvious change that everyone is looking at is the Olympic Stadium. But there is a doubt, there are issues unresolved."

sky sports

Diop backs Hammers for Prem

Papa Bouba Diop believes West Ham have enough quality to instantly bounce back to the Premier League.

The Hammers have made a great start to the season under new boss Sam Allardyce and currently sit second place in the Championship.

Senegal midfielder Diop, who has featured six times since joining from Greek outfit AEK Athens in the summer, is delighted with the Hammers' recent form and he feels promotion is a realistic target for the East London club.

The 33-year-old said: "West Ham are a big club. Last year maybe the team wasn't confident because it was a difficult time.

"When I came here I said I wanted to help the club go up again - that is the aim and I am happy to be in this situation.

"Everyone is working towards going up and being in the top league.

"This is a difficult league but we are a good team and we want to work to go up again."

from the bristol matchday programme

givemefootball

Teenage midfielder given Hammers trial

West Ham invite Boreham Wood midfielder Pelly Ruddock for trial

Boreham Wood midfielder Pelly Ruddock has been invited by West Ham to have a trial with the club.

The 17-year-old has impressed in the Blue Square Bet South with a number of cultured displays, and has also attracted the attention of Queens Park Rangers and Watford.

But Sam Allardyce has made the first move for Ruddock, who is expected to join up with the Hammers in the coming days.

"Pelly's been with us for three seasons now and he improves each year," Boreham chairman Danny Hunter told the club's official website.

"However nobody should get too carried away with these recent developments.

"Although at only 17 years of age he's powerful, athletic, hungry and does appear to be coping well at Conference South level, which suggests he's got a sniff if somebody wants to take a chance."

West Ham, meanwhile, are also said to be pursuing Macclesfield starlet Elliot Hewitt, and will reportedly make an attempt to bring him to Upton Park in January.

Along with the Hammers, Leeds and Arsenal are reportedly to be interested in the teenage defender.

elliot hewitt also intresting big sam??

london 24

West Ham linked with Swedish star

The Hammers are considering a move for Swedish wing man Mervan Celik

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has run the rule over Swedish winger Mervan Celik as he looks to strenghten his team for the promotion push in January.

The 21-year-old, who plays for Gais in Gothenburg, scored an impressive 14 goals in 27 games this season as his club finished fifth, playing either up front or on the wing.

The Sweden under-21 international, whose contract runs out in December has been linked with Middlesbrough and Fulham, but West Ham have also watched him and are considering a move.

Although he is out of contract, they would still have to pay a fee for the player as he is under 24.

eatsleepsport

Hammers eye Rio move

Sam Allardyce has a secret plan to take Rio Ferdinand back to his roots but the veteran defender is more likely to end up at Spurs.

Promotion would see the Upton Park boss presented with around £25 million by the club for new signings and Ferdinand is high on the list of players Big Sam has drawn up as he has watched the team's defensive frailties.

Ferdinand shot to fame at the Hammers before making an £18 million move to Leeds and then his switch to the champions.

Allardyce believes he would be the perfect signing and give everyone a major boost but the double whammy he has to supply is promotion and then a persuasive argument why he should join the Hammers rather than Spurs.

White Hart Lane boss Harry Redknapp groomed the young Ferdinand to greatness and the pair continue to share a father and son type relationship.

Ferdinand turned to Redknapp when Sir Alex Ferguson moved in for him and is always ready to discuss major career decision with his mentor.

However, a Hammers source said: "Sam will be allowed to really push the boat out next season should he get promotion with around £20-£25 million available.

"And if he were to bring Rio home his stock would rise in a major way among the fans still discontented at his appointment.

"Sam isn't particularly concerned about that side of things but it's a bonus given that he will need a genuinely top class defender at the heart of things should the club return to the top level."

Chippenhammer what did i say sunday :wink:

Liverpool are being linked with Spanish striker David Villa amid rumours he has fallen out with star team-mate Lionel Messi at Barcelona.
Metro

Lille forward Eden Hazard is set to turn down Chelsea and Arsenal in favour of a move to his dream club, Real Madrid.
Daily Mirror

Manchester United are thought to be prepared to sell captain Nemanja Vidic in the summer, with Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho believed to be keen to sign the centre-back.
Daily Mail

Ipswich manager Paul Jewell is ready to launch another bid for Doncaster striker Billy Sharp in January, after having a £2.3m offer rejected in the summer.
Daily Star

Birmingham want to take Newcastle striker Nile Ranger, 20, on loan.
: Daily Mirror

Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal are among a host of clubs keen to sign 17-year-old Michael Chambers, a 6ft 2ins centre-back currently playing for Ryman Division One South leaders Dulwich Hamlet.
Daily Mail

Middlesbrough are hoping to secure Coventry striker Lukas Jutkiewicz on loan, with a view to a permanent move in the region of £1.75m.
Daily Mirror

Under-fire Blackburn boss Steve Kean has reportedly signed a new and improved contract to stay at the Ewood Park helm.
Daily Mirror

Manchester City will fine Carlos Tevez £600,000 for missing training and returning to Argentina without permission and could sack the Argentine striker, 27, if he does not return to Manchester quickly. The Sun

Tevez insists he tried to contact City manager Roberto Mancini at least 10 times to ask for his permission to return to Argentina.
the Independent

Former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is set to take over as the new manager of Paris St Germain, ending speculation he might take over at Tottenham if Harry Redknapp becomes the new England manager. talkSPORT

England coach Fabio Capello has telephoned Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand to tell him he is still part of his plans and that he will go to Euro 2012.
Daily Mirror

Hull want Milton Keynes Dons boss Karl Robinson as their new manager if Nigel Pearson is appointed at Leicester.
Daily Mirror

Manchester United coach Warren Joyce, 46, is also a contender to replace Pearson at Leicester.
Daily Mail

West Bromwich Albion goalkeeping coach Dean Kiely is likely to join Michael Appleton at Portsmouth, if the Baggies coach is named as the new manager at Fratton Park.
Daily Mail

Blackburn's former Barcelona forward Ruben Rochina, 20, claims swapping the Nou Camp for Ewood Park has made him a better player.
Daily Star

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez admits he finds it impossible to understand manager Kenny Dalglish's broad Glaswegian accent, but says he wants to stay at Anfield after his current five-year deal expires.
Daily Mirror

babe of the day

http://static.nuts.co.uk/images/gallery ... uk_73_.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: thursday's news 10th november includes west ham

Post by Geordie Hammer »

Cheers!

I bet they regret putting the OS on the kids shirts now!
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

I'd love to see Rio back. He'd be an excellent signing for next season and who knows, he may well fancy it
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

*sticks head above paraphet*

RE: Ferdinand.

I would sooner have a central defender that is not going to be injured for half the season tbf.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Dyer's Leg wrote:*sticks head above paraphet*

I would sooner have a central defender that is not going to be injured for half the season tbf.
He'd have all summer to get over whatever injuries he currently has. I mean, surely one of these days we have to get lucky with a player. ****ing surely
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Yea Why Not wrote:I'd love to see Rio back. He'd be an excellent signing for next season and who knows, he may well fancy it
Would be great to have a player called Pelly at West Ham too. That should sell a few season tickets :wink:
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Yea Why Not wrote:He'd have all summer to get over whatever injuries he currently has. I mean, surely one of these days we have to get lucky with a player. f***ing surely
He has been a sick-note for the past few seasons. What makes you think that now he is 33 that will change? Next season he will be 34, knocking on 35.

From a sentimental point of view, I would love him back, from a football point of view, I would rather the money spent on players that are not prone to injury while being the wrong side of 30.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Dyer's Leg wrote:He has been a sick-note for the past few seasons. What makes you think that now he is 33 that will change? Next season he will be 34, knocking on 35.

From a sentimental point of view, I would love him back, from a football point of view, I would rather the money spent on players that are not prone to injury while being the wrong side of 30.
He did manage around 30 odd games last season which isn't too bad considering he was injured for a lot of it. His organisation skills would be a great asset to us at the back and what better player is there for Tomkins to work with

If he wanted loads of money then just pull the plug. 50k for 2 years is worth a punt in my eyes. As I said, surely it's time a gamble paid off for us....
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
fireman

Post by fireman »

I thought we were looking onwards and upwards.......don't want Ferdinand, don't want Del Piero :crest:
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

I see what you're saying, but personally, I would rather not take the risk.
thick-soup

Post by thick-soup »

We'll go in for Rio and end up with Les.......................... :wink:
fireman

Post by fireman »

Double Post
Last edited by fireman on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH!

Don't really want Ferdinand due to his age and being prone to injuries.
tonkaman
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by tonkaman »

Dyer's Leg wrote:*sticks head above paraphet*

:thup:

Too old now, injures too easily, pace being questioned. I'm out Image
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH.. Rio is getting on a bit, not sure if he would be of much use to us.
My head says no but my heart says yes... typical hammer !
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

You have to remember Man United play a brutal schedule of games.

If he came here he would probably only play in the league.
'
I'd ****ing love him back/
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup:
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Matt of iron wrote:You have to remember Man United play a brutal schedule of games.

'
I'd f***ing love him back/

Matt.

Rio coming back would be like shagging that fit bird you shagged way back in your youth. You have fantastic memories. Then the opportunity comes up years down the line for you to shag her again, only now she has had a couple of kids, things headed south, and it's just not as good as you remember.

I'd rather have the good memories.
hammerbenj

Post by hammerbenj »

Matt of iron wrote:You have to remember Man United play a brutal schedule of games.

'
I'd f***ing love him back/
balance that out with how busy he is in man utd's defence compared to how busy he would be for us though!

:lol:
blaze.s8n
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by blaze.s8n »

Rio to come back would be awesome, but we'd be like Dad's Army next season, with loads of over 30 'veterans' in the squad

Experience mixed with youth. :thup: