wednesday's news 11th jan includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

wednesday's news 11th jan includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

It’s Mae day for Hammers

WEST HAM hope to seal a deal for Japan striker Ryoichi Maeda.

The 30-year-old has twice won the J League Golden Boot and has hit 115 goals in 260 games for club Jubilo Iwata.

the mirror

West Ham's new Rhodes is rejected

West Ham have failed with yet another bid for Huddersfield hot-shot Jordan Rhodes.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce went in with a number that was higher than previous offers for the striker, but lower than the League One club anticipated - and Terriers owner Dean Hoyle threw out the proposal.

The Championship promotion chasers are willing to pay a guaranteed £3million, after having previous staged-payment deals rejected.

Rhodes - the top scorer in the country with 25 goals after scoring FIVE against Wycombe last week - is interested in the move, but West Ham will have to raise their bid to convince Hoyle.

team talk

Sagbo linked with Hammers move

Reported West Ham target Yannick Sagbo says he would welcome a move to Upton Park to bolster the promotion-chasers' attack.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce has been linked with a £2million move for the 22-year-old Benin international striker, who currently plays for French side Evian.

And Sagbo told Sky Sports: "Joining West Ham would be ideal for me. I love the Premier League, even though West Ham are in the Championship, which is also a top league.

"I want to be part of a team who will make progress. But nothing is done yet, so I am happy where I am.

"But I would love the opportunity to play in England in my career."

talksport

Barcelona striker puts West Ham and Blackburn on alert

West Ham and Blackburn target Jonathan Soriano is ready to leave Barcelona after failing to agree a new contract.

The striker scored a stunning 32 goals in 37 appearances for Barcelona's B-team in Spain's second tier last season, and has carried on in a similar vein this term with four in nine.

But the 26-year-old has failed to agree terms on a new deal at the Nou Camp and could be about to leave the Catalan club.

"Right now Barcelona are not willing to offer me a contract renewal," Soriano said. "Guardiola has not given me any indication that it will happen, so I will not go to the first team. That being so, I'm ready to go play in another club."

That could prompt West Ham and Blackburn into action, though the two English clubs will face a fight for the forward's signature, most notably from Portuguese side Benfica.

He told Spanish newspapers Sport: "It is still early and nothing is set. There are several interested clubs, including Benfica."

guardian

Chelsea star Frank Lampard could return to West Ham United

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard could be willing to end his career back at West Ham United.

According to the Express, Lampard is prepared to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer and would consider returning to Upton Park if the Hammers win promotion this season.

The 33-year-old has been left out of the Chelsea team during a number of games this campaign and he has been linked with a move back to the club he left in 2001

New QPR manager Mark Hughes has made Chelsea striker Didier Drogba his number one transfer target.
Daily Star

Striker Mario Balotelli has dismissed reports he wants to quit Manchester City.
talkSPORT

Everton are believed to be looking at Egyptian striker Mohamed Nagy, who plays for Al Ahly in Cairo.
Liverpool Echo

Sochaux striker Modiba Maiga, whose proposed move to Newcastle fell through last month when he failed a medical, is now hoping to join Stoke.
Daily Mirror

Liverpool are understood to be interested in Inter Milan striker Luc Castaignos - a transfer target for Merseyside rivals Everton -on a loan deal.
Daily Mail

Out-of-favour Tottenham defender Sebastien Bassong has reiterated he could leave the club after growing increasingly frustrated by his lack of playing time.
Sky Sports

Newcastle say they have not received any bids for striker Demba Ba.
Newcastle Chronicle

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti says the club are "serious" about signing wantaway Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.
London Evening Standard

Qatar outfit Al-Sadd have pulled out of a deal for QPR striker Adel Taarabt, after baulking at his £15m price tag.
: Metro

Stoke's proposed £1.5m signing of VVV Venlo striker Michael Uchebo is in danger of collapse over work permit issues.
Daily Mail

Manchester United are believed to be targeting Celtic's 22-year-old midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung in a bid to ease their midfield crisis.
Footybunker

Fulham have joined the clubs watching Jamie Vardy, non-League Fleetwood's £1m-rated striker.
Daily Mirror

Aston Villa midfielder Ciaran Clark insists he has never contemplated going out on loan to boost his hopes of playing for the Republic of Ireland at the Euro 2012 Championship.
Birmingham Mail

Blackburn manager Steve Kean's agent has questioned the motives behind the protests at Rovers and has suggested the fans involved are not "true supporters".
Lancashire Telegraph

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp already has a plan to stop Thierry Henry - by re-signing Glenn Hoddle and Ossie Ardiles.
the Sun

Former Manchester United striker Eric Cantona will not be in the running to become the president of France.
London Evening Standard

Paul Ince is set for a return to management this week - with League Two side Bristol Rovers.
Daily Mirror

Sir Richard Branson has ruled out bidding to rename Newcastle's ground St James' Park after his takeover of Northern Rock.
Newcastle Chronicle

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has achieved a personal goal - snaps of himself with two football legends.
the Sun

David Beckham's son Romeo may have broken his daddy's heart after seemingly deciding to support Manchester United's Premier League rivals Arsenal

babe of the day

http://www.nuts.co.uk/images/gallery/20 ... uk_83_.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: wednesday's news 11th jan includes west ham

Post by Muddy »

Cheer CH.
swehammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by swehammer »

Best bit of the day when having my coffee reading your news, cheers for that CH!
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH :thup:
blaze.s8n
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by blaze.s8n »

Cheers CH. Some interesting links there.
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

Somebody is having a jolly at our expense with the Fat Frank story I reckon.

Cheers CH top man :thup:
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

Cheers CH :thup:
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Coops wrote:Somebody is having a jolly at our expense with the Fat Frank story I reckon.
The only words of any importance from that story:

"could be willing" ... "would consider returning to Upton Park if" ... he has been linked with a move back (yeah, by you the writer)
MattHammer83

Post by MattHammer83 »

:thup: Cheers CH

The story about Oxlade Chamberlain cought my eye, could we loan him or does our loan of Baldrick scupper that?
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Cheers CH

:thup:

the Fat Frank story is the laziest journalism in years

Rhodes ain't gonna want to stay at Huddersfield now. I would have thought his agent will be going mad to make something happen.
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH :thup:
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Wonder if Huddersfield would take a player + cash exchange for Rhodes ?

We have several players who could be excellent in league one, but will not make it when we return to the Top flight.

My thanks CH.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:
trick88

Post by trick88 »

hammerjohn wrote:Wonder if Huddersfield would take a player + cash exchange for Rhodes ?

We have several players who could be excellent in league one, but will not make it when we return to the Top flight.

My thanks CH.
Piq? Illunga? Sears?