saturday's news 28th jan includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 144 likes

Re: saturday's news 28th jan includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

DAILY MAIL

Anton Ferdinand was last night agonising over whether to play in today's FA Cup tie against Chelsea after receiving a death threat and gun ammunition in the post. Also: Arsenal fear Jack Wilshere will miss the rest of the season after suffering a setback in his return from an ankle injury.

DAILY MIRROR

Harry Redknapp swapped the dock for the dugout as Spurs stumbled into the last 16 of the FA Cup. Also: Sir Alex Ferguson claims he will relish the bear-pit atmosphere at Anfield for today's FA Cup clash.

DAILY EXPRESS

Anton Ferdinand has been sent a bullet in the post and a chilling death threat ahead of today's explosive FA Cup tie between QPR and Chelsea. Also: Andy Murray took world No1 Novak Djokovic to the brink in a gruelling five-hour match and then set himself the goal of overtaking his rivals by the time of Wimbledon.

DAILY STAR

Rafael van der Vaart hit a screamer just before half time to send Harry Redknapp's Tottenham into the fifth round of the FA Cup at Watford. Also: Jack Wilshere's Euro 2012 dream is in tatters after another injury setback.

THE SUN

Anton Ferdinand has been urged not to shake hands with John Terry today. Also: Rafa Van Der Vaart got boss Harry Redknapp out of jail - without Bale.

THE GUARDIAN

Anton Ferdinand was the target of a death threat on the eve of today's potentially explosive west London derby against Chelsea. Also: Kenny Dalglish has said Liverpool have their "house in order" ahead of the emotive FA Cup tie with Manchester United.

THE INDEPENDENT Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has tried to play down today's FA Cup tie with Manchester United.

DAILY TELEGRAPH

Anton Ferdinand is sent a bullet ahead of QPR and Chelsea's explosive FA Cup tie. Also: Kenny Dalglish and Sir Alex Ferguson have promised they will do everything in their power to mend the reputation of English football's most high-profile fixture.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

THE SUN

Carlos Tevez looks like he will have to wait until the summer to get his move to AC Milan.

MK Dons have agreed a shock deal with Newcastle to sign midfielder Alan Smith.

Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz is after a permanent move to Spain.

Chelsea hope to sign Brazilian wonderkid Lucas Moura before the transfer deadline.

Fulham will have to pay £6million to land West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie.

Djibril Cisse could be heading for QPR in a swap deal with Adel Taarabt.

DAILY MIRROR

Carlos Tevez accepts he will have to return to Manchester City and face the indignity of playing in the reserves - unless he is sold by Wednesday.

QPR boss Mark Hughes has targeted Lazio's former striker Djibril Cisse for a January move.

Owen Coyle is making a £5million move for Crystal Palace's brilliant young attacker Wilfried Zaha in a shock deadline swoop.

Newcastle midfielder Alan Smith is joining MK Dons' League One promotion fight.

DAILY MAIL

Bolton have made an approach for Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha.

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish is trying to set up a loan deal for Malaga striker Jose Salomon Rondon to replace Emile Heskey.

PSG are pursuing their interest in Chelsea defender Jose Bosingwa after completing the £4million signing of Alex.

Fulham have failed in a bid to take FC Twente striker Marc Janko on loan.

MK Dons have agreed a loan deal with Newcastle for Alan Smith.

QPR have launched a £5million bid to bring Djibril Cisse back to England from Lazio.

DAILY STAR

Jack Wilshere's Euro 2012 dream is in tatters after another injury setback.

Chelsea defender Alex has joined moneybags French club Paris St Germain on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

DAILY EXPRESS

Ben Foster has risked incurring the wrath of parent club Birmingham by urging West Brom to sign defender Liam Ridgewell.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Great stuff CH! Thanks again for all your work in keeping us up to date. :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Claretdave wrote:Great stuff CH! Thanks again for all your work in keeping us up to date.

your welcome mate :wink:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

west ham till i die

Carlitos Coming Home?

Well, I suggested it in the post below, and if Bradley’s recent tweets have some substance, we could soon be some very happy Hammers… Here is what he has just tweeted. Perhaps if some people on this site hadn’t been so vile to Bradley he might have written it here instead. Some people should think on that…

Ladies and Gentlemen and West Ham fans, I promised big news by the weekend which was being kept quiet by my source…well here it is.. WHU are extremely, and I mean extremely, close to a short term loan deal for Mr. Carlos Tevez. The newspapers seem to have got to this first and I had to ask for obvious reasons of pure excitement. This has all occurred after Tevez realised earlier on in the week his permanent move away was not going to be on the cards and City didn’t want to loan the player abroad. WHU have now revised and jumped at a chance of a short term loan deal and has stated on many occasions that he would jump at the chance of a short term return to WHU. The stumbling block at the moment is his wage package and WHU are currently negotiating a deal that suits all parties. This has legs guys and there is a chance that we may see Tevez return to our claret and blue. Wow!! I’m still staggered by it all myself. For those interested if this effects the Jelavic deal, I can confirm that it won’t as Jelavic is part of our long term plans whereas Tevez would be short term to get WHU back where we belong. Rangers are likely to announce at some stage today or tomorrow wether our new offer has been successful or not. Madness at WHU Camp!!

Well, if Gold and Sullivan pull this one off, even AussieGraham might have to revise his opinion of them.

asbout as much chance as a pork pie in a synagogue :lol:
Denby

Post by Denby »

If Tevez returns I'll allow every member of KUMB to belt a ball at my naked buttocks.

God forbid this loan deal happen...
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Utter b*llocks
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Denby wrote:If Tevez returns I'll allow every member of KUMB to belt a ball at my naked buttocks.

God forbid this loan deal happen...
If Tevez returns I will hire York Hall and invite every member of KUMB to belt a ball at Denby's bare arse........

I think the translation is the Daves phoned up Citeh but were told they would have to stump up his £250,000 pw wage and f*** knows what in insurance etc.
Denby

Post by Denby »

Claretdave wrote: If Tevez returns I will hire York Hall and invite every member of KUMB to belt a ball at Denby's bare arse........

I think the translation is the Daves phoned up Citeh but were told they would have to stump up his £250,000 pw wage and f*** knows what in insurance etc.
Do I have to put this in any form of writing?

The thing is, what I don't understand and makes no sense, is why City would loan to use on a short term 6 month deal but no one else?
By all intents and purposes they are likely to get a better deal abroad and Tevez is likely to get a better standard of football - I think someone has been on some form of drugs before making up this rumour.

I hope he does return, would be a novel bit of merchandise to have a Tevez shirt in Championship lettering... That's probably all I really care about, as we are more than likely going up automatically now anyway.