wednesday's news 8th feb includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

wednesday's news 8th feb includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

Ravel gay slur storm

RAVEL MORRISON is at the centre of a homophobia row after using a gay slur to insult a fan.

The midfielder, 19, who quit Manchester United last week for West Ham in a 3½-year deal that could be worth £1million, lost his temper on Twitter after a fan had a go at him.

Morrison remarked: "Go suck out u little f****t. Your a guy that talks if u see me you try slap me I'm in manchester every week."

He removed the offending remark hours later. Neither the player nor his agent were available for comment last night.

Alan Quick of The Justin Campaign, which fights homophobia in the game, said: "It's disappointing to hear yet another professional footballer has used homophobic language."

the mail

Announcing himself: Ravel Morrison left Manchester United for West Ham on deadline day

West Ham new boy Morrison in tweet storm after homophobic comment

Ravel Morrison has started his West Ham career by writing a homophobic message on Twitter.

The midfielder, 19, who moved from Manchester United on deadline day in a £650,000 initial deal, responded angrily after been antagonised on the social networking site.

He has since deleted the tweet.

West Ham did not wish to comment, but a spokesman for The Justin Campaign, which aims to tackle homophobia in football, told goal.com: ‘It’s disappointing to hear that yet another professional footballer in England has used homophobic language.’

city am

Hammers in Olympic setback

THE CHANCES of West Ham moving into the Olympic Stadium appear to have receded after legacy chiefs the OPLC launched a search for a stadium sponsor.

The OPLC’s move means the Hammers will not be able to sell naming rights to the venue as part of any deal to relocate from Upton Park after the Games.

It also poses a second potential disincentive to an agreement with West Ham, in that the eventual sponsor could be a competitor of a Hammers-affiliated brand.

The Championship high-fliers are among 16 parties to have expressed interest in leasing the Olympic Park’s £486m centrepiece from 2014.

A decision on which bid or bids have been successful is scheduled to be made in May, when the identity of the stadium sponsor is also set to be announced.

The Hammers’ original agreement to move into the stadium was scrapped in October amid fears of a lengthy legal delay, after a complaint to the European Commission.

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady (right) this week reiterated their determination to strike a new deal, following suggestions their interest had cooled.

“I wouldn’t be dragging my body to all the meetings, or reading through a 900-page document every night if we weren’t still committed,” said Brady.

The club have previously made clear their desire to sell naming rights if they move to the Olympic Stadium.

The stadium is set to house a range of sports, with athletics prominent and the running track retained, while rugby union and cricket have also been mooted.

Tottenham, who lost out in the original bidding process, have ruled out another attempt and are committed to building a new stadium in north London.

official site

blackpool matc rearranged

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120207/ ... 84_2599941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas is among the candidates being considered by Inter Milan as their new coach for next season.

talkSPORT

Juventus winger Milos Krasic, 27, could be off to Chelsea in the summer after his agent admitted there is a mutual admiration between his client and the Blues.
Metro
Eden Hazard

Hazard has made over 25 appearances for Belgium

Arsenal are ready to fight London rivals Chelsea for £30m-rated Lille winger Eden Hazard, 21.
: the Sun

Newcastle striker Demba Ba, 26, has no plans to quit the north-east despite the release clause in his contract which could see him move on this summer.
Daily Star

Chelsea will start the rebuilding of their squad in the summer by completing a deal for 23-year-old Shakhtar Donetsk winger Willian.
: London Evening Standard

Arsenal are eyeing a move for Daniel Sturridge, 22. The Chelsea hitman is believed to be unhappy with his wide role.
Daily Mail

Manchester City have joined Manchester United in pursuit of 23-year-old Benfica winger Nicolas Gaitan.
: Daily Mirror

Chelsea are believed to have signed 15-year-old Denmark Under-17 defender Andrea Christensen from Brondby on a free transfer.
Daily Mail
Raul Albiol

Raul Albiol has made 31 appearances for Spain

Manchester City are poised to make a move for Real Madrid defender Raul Albiol, 26, at the end of the season.

talkSPORT

Blackburn could get just £675,000 compensation for 21-year-old winger Junior Hoilett in the summer if Bayern Munich follow up their interest and sign him.
Daily Mirror

Chelsea midfielder Kevin De Bruyne has admitted he expects to spend next season on loan and confirmed Steve McClaren's FC Twente have expressed an interest in his services.

Inside Futbol

Striker Mario Balotelli, 21, has handed Manchester City a boost by hinting he plans to stay put for at least 18 more months.

the Sun

Sir Alex Ferguson is poised to make Javier Hernandez, 23, a key man in the champions' title run-in after his goalscoring display against Chelsea on Sunday.
Manchester Evening News

Everton defender Sylvain Distin says Steven Pienaar was irreplacable for Everton as he hails the playmaker's return.
Liverpool Echo

Aston Villa fans have planned a demonstration against under-fire manager Alex McLeish this weekend.

Fabio Capello will on Wednesday meet Football Association chairman David Bernstein for showdown talks that will determine if he remains England manager.
: Daily Mail
Fabio Capello

Capello's England contract finishes after Euro 2012

England manager Fabio Capello will not budge from his position on John Terry and the England captaincy when he meets FA chief David Bernstein on Wednesday.

Fabio Capello has received the backing of Sir Alex Ferguson but is looking increasingly isolated within the Football Association amid growing criticism of his public opposition to the removal of the England captaincy from John Terry.

Guardian

After announcing himself to the Premier League with a brief cameo during Liverpool's stalemate with Tottenham, the Anfield cat has now racked up over 24,000 followers on Twitter in less than 24 hours.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: wednesday's news 8th feb includes west ham

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH :thup:

Looking less and less likely about the OS every week, not complaining though,
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

The problems with that poxy Country & two or more Newspaper are reporting about a Kid who calls someone a " Faggot ", ****ing pathetic.. :thdn:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.

I agree with BO, it's pathetic.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Worst is that it dilutes terms like 'homophobia' which are meant to deal with serious matters like violence, threats of violence and victimisation. It's a gnats fart non-story.

Oh, and G'mornin CH!
Bobby Orangeboom

vietnammer wrote:Worst is that it dilutes terms like 'homophobia' which are meant to deal with serious matters like violence, threats of violence and victimisation. It's a gnats fart non-story.

Oh, and G'mornin CH!
The exact same has happened where the R word is concerned too don't you think V ?
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Was Ravel not referring to the traditional British pork meatball? :think:

Cheers for the roundup CH
ymcahammer

Post by ymcahammer »

how gay :oops:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: The exact same has happened where the R word is concerned too don't you think V ?
Often mis-used for sure, but 'r' is a lot more prevalent than 'h'
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

What is a ' Tweet Storm' ? FFS. :lol:

Ta CH.
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

Cheers CH :thup:
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

What a silly silly boy. Why use such derogatory language in a public forum? So stupid. It's bad enough that people still think this way, let alone express it on Twitter :thdn:

Lee Steele got sacked from my local non-league side for some equally offensive. I hope Morrison get's a stern talking.
Last edited by roblo on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
tonka_tonka

Post by tonka_tonka »

cheers ch..sterling job as usual

As a sausage jockey and committed fudge packer im furious with Ravel for insulting faggots the world over. Rumour on the streets is brighton lining up a loan deal ....
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

A tweet storm in a teacup.

Thanks CH
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

A 19 year old kid calls somebody a 'faggot' after being wound up on t'internet and that is headline news.
Kids use names like faggot and gay as insults, it isn't homophobic it is just the way they talk.

It seems Ravel is going to be attacked by the gutter press every time he puts a foot wrong.
I never buy the papers anymore, I just read the news on this thread every day.

Cheers CH.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

just as bad as racism and he should know better
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Thanks CH!

Ravel in the **** already, that didn't take him long. Although does it really matter what he called the person? Everything just seems so over the top now a days.
It seems Ravel is going to be attacked by the gutter press every time he puts a foot wrong.

Too true.
Bobby Orangeboom

vietnammer wrote:
Often mis-used for sure, but 'r' is a lot more prevalent than 'h'
Hence the problem V, nobody knows that R is more prevalent than H for sure, there are no guide lines.

I thought personally that, what's the name of it, hate speech ( ? ) of any kind was equal in it's badness ?

But today i've learned that there are tiers of hate speech, some worse than others.

Do you see what i mean ?

Thankfullly Rav the Chav took the lower tiered one to preach his hate, not that he could have been R as he's of mixed R anyway.

Is that right ?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Dunno, I'll have to consult the hate speech tarrif to be certain and get back to you on that one. Could take some time.
casshammer

Post by casshammer »

Coops wrote:A 19 year old kid calls somebody a 'faggot' after being wound up on t'internet and that is headline news.
Kids use names like faggot and gay as insults, it isn't homophobic it is just the way they talk.

Cheers CH.

I'm more offended by his spelling and grammar. Awful