wednesday's news 8th feb includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Canadianhammer

Re: wednesday's news 8th feb includes west ham

Post by Canadianhammer »

Why anyone uses twitter is beyond me. The first four letters give it away. I use twatter personally.[/quote]

Did you hear about the new social media platform.... it's kinda like youtube, twitter, and facebook all together... they're calling it Youtwitface.....
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 871 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always

Hammers in Olympic setback - some good news then. Unfortunately I rather fear today's 'story' about Ravel's tweeting row is just a taste of things to come, he is going to be right under the microscope for a while.
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

The sensationalist press reporting is less of a concern than the suggestion of what Morrison is on.

Maybe this is why MU got shot and BFS needs a few weeks to see what sort of state he is in. I'm sure it would have come out in the medical, but the signing of someone this talented still has a catch somewhere.

BtB
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Why does anyone in the public eye bother with twitter ?

Seriously, the big names have someone do it for them... they just don't get involved
We are all human, and react to taunting.

Thanks CH. :crest:
nobleforengland

Post by nobleforengland »

Cheers CH :thup:
WHJ
Location: BMU - Soaking up the Boleyn atmosphere before we lose it forever>

Post by WHJ »

Total Twat. Obviously a few corn fakes short of a packet. Some village (Manchester) must be missing an idiot. BFS needs to give him a good slap now and tell him that's his final warning and mean it.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I wonder why the press only picked up on his comments now that he has joined us? Surely he was using twitter before he came here and blew his lid before. Why now all of a sudden is it headline news. There are some geezers in the rags has it in for us :think:
NH Hammer

Post by NH Hammer »

I think from now on when those of an alternate sexual persuasion refer to the rest of us as "straight" I'm gonna take it that they mean it in an insulting fashion and demand compensation. :lol:
BillUp
Location: If God wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass there. Brian Clough.
Has liked: 1 like

Post by BillUp »

Benny the Ball wrote:The sensationalist press reporting is less of a concern than the suggestion of what Morrison is on.

Maybe this is why MU got shot and BFS needs a few weeks to see what sort of state he is in. I'm sure it would have come out in the medical, but the signing of someone this talented still has a catch somewhere.

BtB
So now Ravel is a crack head, all because a 15 year old kid got on Twitter and called him one. I can't think of a bigger insult to call someone a bag head or a crack head, and this is why the 15 year old used it. Not because he is.

Ravel is a 19 year old boy, that has grown up in one of the toughest places in the UK for youngsters. He was gifted a talent that no other child of his age was given, and because of this he has the media breathing down his neck at every available opportunity. I can only imagine the pressure and burden it puts on this young boy to make the best of his talent and what life has given him.

He needs a chance to grow into a level headed adult, and to find his place. With the right guidance from West Ham, and the people that genuinely care for him (not the greedy f^ckers that are only in it for the money) and his future, he will move away from the life he has known for the last 18 years, and become a professional sportsman.

Hopefully!!
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

ageing hammer wrote:I wonder why the press only picked up on his comments now that he has joined us? Surely he was using twitter before he came here and blew his lid before. Why now all of a sudden is it headline news. There are some geezers in the rags has it in for us :think:

Upset a few gays in the media i would imagine.
simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

richneal wrote:Great - just what the club needs - more evidence that Morrison is a clueless, malevolent git. Smart move letting everyone know that you're an uneducated homophobic gangster.

Decide for yourself who is more of an idiot: Morrison, or Mr Entertainment for signing him . . .
Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Kin hell, he is now categorically homophobic because he called someone a " Faggot ", how incredibly ****ed up society really is.. :lol:
Bob . . . we've been thru' this before, and will probably do so again, but tell me, how is it good to engage in name-calling? And, name-calling on a highly visible public forum like Twitter, which was designed to be and is used as a marketing and PR forum. That's why the press love it. It lets them do their job without leaving their desks. If you have a high profile - and Morrison certainly does - everything you post on it is like sending a press release to all of Fleet St.

Again, does anyone think that in the context of Morrison's history, this was a smart move on his part? Like it or not, Morrison's going to be under the spotlight for the rest of his footballing career because of his criminal past. Morrison knows that. So does Mr Entertainment.

And as for describing Morrison as homophobic, what other adjectives would you use in context of what he wrote? Misogynistic, racist?
hudds town hammer

Post by hudds town hammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:just as bad as racism and he should know better
you never heard sticks and stones ?
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Just adding this to todays news CH, hope thats ok with you.
Biggest story of February 8th.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... ml&BID=165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by hammerjohn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Rocket wrote:All this talk about Ravel's homophobia, yet no-one has picked up on the fact that CH has dropped BOTD without warning or explanation. Clearly he's a massive gayboy.

you never complained last night darling
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Rocket wrote:I am the "mate" of neither CH nor Ravel...
hmmm well done then sir
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

cockney hammer wrote:you never complained last night darling
:lol: touché
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

I have gay mates I call a lot worse things than 'faggot' and my best mate is black and people we don't know are shocked by our 'racist' banter. I'm not homophobic or racist, it is just that, banter. In this case it is obviously not that, but ithink it was a bad choice of words on a public domain. I'm 25 and I grew up replying to most comments made by my mates with 'gaaay' - it doesn't mean they were gay, not that I meant to offend them, or anyone else by it! The media should give the kid a break!
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

BillUp wrote:So now Ravel is a crack head, all because a 15 year old kid got on Twitter and called him one. I can't think of a bigger insult to call someone a bag head or a crack head, and this is why the 15 year old used it. Not because he is.

Ravel is a 19 year old boy, that has grown up in one of the toughest places in the UK for youngsters. He was gifted a talent that no other child of his age was given, and because of this he has the media breathing down his neck at every available opportunity. I can only imagine the pressure and burden it puts on this young boy to make the best of his talent and what life has given him.

He needs a chance to grow into a level headed adult, and to find his place. With the right guidance from West Ham, and the people that genuinely care for him (not the greedy f^ckers that are only in it for the money) and his future, he will move away from the life he has known for the last 18 years, and become a professional sportsman.

Hopefully!!
Bill, fair challenge and I agree with most of what you have posted. However, you still have to fundamentally question why MU would have sold one of the best teenagers they have ever come across.

What circumstances would provoke any club to say of a prodigious talent 'this is the final straw'?

It cannot be just arrogance and attitude on Morrisons part as these are easily fixable with the right mentoring and approach.
MU (SAF would have needed board agreement to let him go) had clearly come to the conclusion that this was a lost cause and they should get what they can now. Why? Exactly where is Morrison now and what is he doing? Is he able to play for the development team or the youth team?

Personally, I can't wait to see him in the team, we are crying out for a player that gets you out of your seat, one that you happily pay the money to go and watch as we used to with Brooking, Devonshire and PDC.

We just need to let BFS have the 'few weeks to assess his mental state'.

The whole faggot story is just noise, it is what provoked him to respond like this that is the interesting part.

BtB
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

richneal wrote:

Bob . . . we've been thru' this before, and will probably do so again, but tell me, how is it good to engage in name-calling? And, name-calling on a highly visible public forum like Twitter, which was designed to be and is used as a marketing and PR forum. That's why the press love it. It lets them do their job without leaving their desks. If you have a high profile - and Morrison certainly does - everything you post on it is like sending a press release to all of Fleet St.

It's not good, it's stupid.

Again, does anyone think that in the context of Morrison's history, this was a smart move on his part? Like it or not, Morrison's going to be under the spotlight for the rest of his footballing career because of his criminal past. Morrison knows that. So does Mr Entertainment.

No, not a smart move, it was stupid.

And as for describing Morrison as homophobic, what other adjectives would you use in context of what he wrote? Misogynistic, racist?

How incredibly sad that such a really, really uninsulting insult should actually be classed as anything at all in your eyes. Rich, i can't imagine you were brought up in a bundle of cotton wool, look at it for what it actually is for crying out loud. Nothing, that's what it is, ****ing nothing. He called someone a faggot, big deal, bring back capital punishment. I can believe the Press are relaying it as news to the Sheep, but i find your stance even more disappointing to be honest. Your stance, as a member of the public, is the collective reason why the Country is in the complete PC mess that it is currently in, where no one knows if they're coming or going & the most minature of Molehill is turned into ****ing Everest. :thdn: