saturday's news 3rd march includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday's news 3rd march includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

Karren Brady’s football diary

IT'S hard to please some people.

West Ham are suffocated to a goal-less draw by Palace, causing us to drop to second in the Championship.

Now if that is reason for booing then heaven knows what happens if their team loses three in a row.

Still, you pays your money and you takes your choice so the players have to shrug and carry on towards promotion.

After all, they're big boys.

But I've learnt you're stronger together than you'll ever be apart.

SUN, FEB 26

BEAUTIFUL Linda Pizzuti showed off a dazzling set of white teeth as her hubby John W Henry's team Liverpool won the Carling Cup.

Maybe the cause of the team's second-half improvement was a half-time visit by Linda to their dressing room.

Though maybe not.

I don't see Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish or any other manager opening the doors to their kingdom.

MON, FEB 27

IT is said in a survey of referees' decisions that 92.3 per cent of them are right.

I thought I was the only one with that kind of percentage.

As for linesmen — I hate the term assistant ref as it makes them sound like failed jobseekers — they are said to be 99.3 per cent right.

Never mind me — only God has that degree of accuracy.

Surveys like this are impossible to prove and should be read only by those who have swallowed the gullible pill.

Good refs are respected, bad ones need such statistics.

TUES, FEB 28

SCOTT PARKER, chosen by England supporters today as Player of the Year, is a real throwback.

The Spurs midfielder reminds you of a time when footballers thought tattoos were for sissies, wore their hair neatly clipped and ran about eagerly to add to the team effort.

He tackles like midfielders used to, fearlessly but fair, and his obvious concern on Sunday when he accidentally hurt an Arsenal opponent with a late attempt to reach the ball would have warmed any mum's heart.

In other words, it seems to me he is that old thing in football — a credit to the game.

There will always be room for him at Upton Park, even though he left us for a club that Hammers people regard as a football secondary school compared with our academy.

Scott has earned the England captaincy and, to my mind, he earned it while wearing a West Ham shirt.

WED, FEB 29

PSYCHOLOGISTS say there's no cure for psychopaths. Not true.

At least not true of the first 'Psycho' of football Stuart Pearce — who now believes the game to be art as well as a physical battle.

That's on the evidence of England's match with Holland.

No one would call Pearce a touchline Puss in Boots but he limits outbursts to wasted long passes.

The old Pearce would've belted the ball upfield and if he'd sent the winger into the crowd too, so much the better.

Was Sir Trevor Brooking his shrink?

THURS, MAR 1

THE curse of England managers is that the only career path afterwards is down.

Only Bobby Robson broke it. This morning I read of Peter Taylor, who had one game as national coach after being Under-21 boss like Stuart Pearce, who is now managing riot-torn Bahrain.

They needed a 10-goal win v Indonesia last night to stand a chance of progressing in the Asian qualifying for the World Cup. They got them but were thwarted by a late-earned point by Qatar. The curse remains.

FRI, MAR 2

A WHOLE new trend could be started by the naming of a new hotel in Bandung, West Java.

The 'Stevie G' was opened by Liverpool nuts the Maja House Group. It is quite possible that as you read this, a honeymooning couple in the 'This is Anfield' suite will be watching Liverpool vs Arsenal while they sit bolt upright in bed.

I owe it to a review that I know they can't do it lying down, if you get me.

Arsenal to win by the way and qualify for the Champions League with the Manchesters and Spurs.

yahoo sports

George John returns to FC Dallas after West Ham United declines his option

George John returned to FC Dallas after a two-month loan spell with West Ham United, which plays in the English Championship.

The 24-year-old never cracked the starting lineup at West Ham and rejoins MLS after the London-based club declined an option to purchase his rights.

"It was unfortunate that I didn’t get to play, but it really was understandable given the circumstances," John said.

He scored a goal in his first reserve match for the club.

"I'm glad I had this opportunity and experience, and I want to thank MLS, FC Dallas and West Ham," John said. "Right now I’m really looking forward to getting back to Dallas. I’ve been in touch with [head coach] Schellas [Hyndman] and I’m ready to get to work."

The 6-foot-3 central defender will be available for FCD's first match of the 2012 season, against the New York Red Bulls on March 11. He played in 31 out of 34 regular season games last year, and saw more minutes than any other Dallas field player.

"We're very excited to have a player of George John’s caliber return to our team," said Hyndman. "He has been one of our most consistent players. Without question, FC Dallas is a better team with George John. In speaking with George, he’s very excited to rejoin our team and help FC Dallas compete for a return trip to MLS Cup."

John rejected a call-up to the U.S. national team in January to join West Ham

official site

Big Sam on: Cardiff City

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120302/ ... 84_2631497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Manchester City are plotting a sensational bid to bring 22-year-old striker Daniel Sturridge back to the club after enquiring about the Chelsea striker's contract situation.

Daily Mail

Real Madrid are prepared to ignore Chelsea and offer 24-year-old striker Gonzalo Higuain to Manchester City.

Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, AC Milan are believed to be desperate to sign Manchester City frontman Mario Balotelli, 21. The Italian giants are preparing a big-money move for the £30m-rated striker.

Daily Star

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has again indicated his desire to lure 25-year-old Porto striker Hulk to Stamford Bridge, saying the Brazil international "fits the profile" of the player he is looking for.

talkSPORT

Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham have been alerted to the availability of Sao Paulo 19-year-old midfielder Lucas Moura, after it was revealed the Brazilian playmaker has stepped up English lessons in a bid to attract Premier League interest.
Metro
Hulk

Hulk has spent time in the Japanese League

Liverpool are believed to have expressed their interest in signing 20-year-old Barcelona forward Cristian Tello.

Daily Mirror

Ivica Olic is one of the names on Alex McLeish's summer wish-list. The 32-year-old Bayern Munich forward was scouted by Aston Villa a couple of weeks ago as the Scot looks to complete a major overhaul of his playing staff at the end of the season.

Daily Mail

Rubin Kazan are ready to make an offer to take Manchester City's 19-year-old striker John Guidetti, who made his debut for Sweden last week, to Russia, after some superb performances while on loan at Feyenoord.

Inside Futbol

Alan Shearer is anticipating one of Newcastle's toughest Tyne-Wear derbies for years against Sunderland this Sunday - but is confident that with the backing of the Geordie fans it can be another day to remember on Tyneside.

Newcastle Chronicle

QPR owner Tony Fernandes admits the club have made plans for relegation back to the Championship.

talkSPORT

Roberto Mancini believes Mario Balotelli is Italy's best striker. But the Manchester City boss has warned he must improve his behaviour to get back on to the international scene.

the Sun

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger may lodge an official complaint against the Belgian Football Association, claiming they "forced" Thomas Vermaelen to play a full match in midweek.

Daily Mail

Wolves midfielder Jamie O'Hara, 25, has revealed pain-killing injections are getting him through training and games.

Birmingham Mail

Arsenal teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain took on 21-year-old Liverpool's Jordan Henderson in a 'keepy-uppy' challenge ahead of their Premier League clash this weekend.
Metro

IPSWICH want to buy three Portsmouth players — in a move that could prevent Pompey being liquidated.

Keeper Stephen Henderson, defender Jason Pearce and utility man Joel Ward are on Town's radar.

Cardiff have signed Pompey ace Liam Lawrence on loan for the rest of the season.

Daw opens for Tarum

ARSENAL have snapped up teenager Tarum Dawkins from Luton.

The £100,000 winger, 16, opted to join the Gunners despite interest from 14 top-flight clubs.

The Hatters' head of youth Gregg Broughton said: "We recognised that he was desperate to join Arsenal and wish him the best."

Paul a Gunter punter

PAUL LAMBERT is close to a deal for £2million-rated Nottingham Forest star Chris Gunter.

The 22-year-old Wales full-back started his career at Cardiff and, after a short spell at Tottenham, was picked up by Forest.

Norwich boss Lambert has monitored Gunter's development and believes he has what it takes to be a hit in the Premier League.

Call me, Al

ARSENAL, Spurs, Manchester City and Chelsea have joined the hunt for Torino's Serbian ace Alen Stevanovic, 21.

Manchester United were the first to show an interest in the midfielder after his club said they were willing to sell.

Jackson Kop plea

COLOMBIAN striker Jackson Martinez is keen on a move to Liverpool.

Martinez, 25, who has scored 15 goals in 20 league games for Jaguares in Mexico already this term, has recently been scouted by the Reds.

He said: "There's a fairly good option to go there but there's still nothing concrete."

Championship

MIDDLESBROUGH are keen on taking winger David Bentley from Tottenham.

League One

BLACKBURN striker Jordan Slew has joined Stevenage on loan and will start against Exeter today.

Slew, 19, moves to the League One outfit for the season — including any possible play-offs.

BOURNEMOUTH club captain Warren Cummings, 31, has joined Crawley on loan for a month.

babe of the day

http://pbbb.playboygirls.com/pic0006/pics/10113JP_9.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: saturday's news 3rd march includes west ham

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

no problem of to poxy work now :thdn:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Cheers CH.

Woke up at 4 this morning.

No idea why I'm sharing but I'm letting everyone know. :thdn:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Matt of iron wrote:Cheers CH.

Woke up at 4 this morning.

No idea why I'm sharing but I'm letting everyone know.

got woke up at five by the scum so only a hour befor you mate i have to go and do a half days work now still never mind it is only household noise :wink:
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Thanks CH.
"keepy-uppy-challenge"??
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

cockney hammer wrote:

got woke up at five by the scum so only a hour befor you mate i have to go and do a half days work now still never mind it is only household noise :wink :
You have the ****ing stamina of a horse mate.

If I had to work today I'd probably fall out of my arse.

And this is only one day! :lol:
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Cheers CH :thup:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Thanks CH,

Have to laugh at Ian Holloway's comments about Robbie Fowler on trial at Blackpool.

"I think he knows he could do it, I think he knows it and I think he knows I know he could do it."

"He's the first trialist I've ever asked for his autograph!" :lol:
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Cheers CH
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Gooner Karren Brady wrote: Arsenal to win by the way and qualify for the Champions League with the Manchesters and Spurs.
Thanks for the round up CH :thup:
rigoberts song
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Many thanks CH sory to hear the scum are still at it.
Bit of a dilemma today off to see my home town club Oxford Take on Swindon want Swindon to win for Paolo !
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

A decent tribute to Parker from the lump of lard.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

My future Wife wrote:
There will always be room for him at Upton Park, even though he left us for a club that Hammers people regard as a football secondary school compared with our academy.

Scott has earned the England captaincy and, to my mind, he earned it while wearing a West Ham shirt.
:lol:

She ****ing loves it, & i love her..
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH, I quite like Karren's dairy as long as she dosen't go into too much about the team.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

ta ch :thup:

is it me or does the botd remind anyone else of a young karen, phwooooooooooor
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2686 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Shame it didn't work out for Mr John , and as for Parker , well he never would have been the player he is today if we hadn't rescued him from Newcastle when nobody else would take a chance on him .
simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:

Have a good weekend mate.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Did we really give George John a chance? I know USA is not the best international team, but they are not that bad. They would only call him up if he was international quality.

As for Scott Parker - is she trying to re-write history? Parker was - IIRC - shown the door. BFS said he had no plans to keep him and Brady kept saying we got the better of the deal.............right.