monday's news 5th march includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Re: monday's news 5th march includes west ham

Post by hammer »

Bishops Finger wrote:Is there an embargo about talking about Pardew and his 'relationships' with the players etc?
yes
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Ozza wrote:his quote had nothing to do with the sacking it was about the senior players he picked up after being relegated being a pain in the arse, and from my memory I make him right, especially when it came down to PDC, don't think he was having a go at the club.
Di Canio had long gone before Pardew got to West Ham, especially after he had served his gardening leave at Reading.
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

Quality pictures Cheers CH :thup:
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

From Martin Samuel's column:

Hammered... again
Avram Grant was at Wembley to watch England play Holland on Wednesday night. Well, you would be, as the new manager of Partizan Belgrade. Anyway, Grant took charge of his first game on Saturday having arrived during Serbia’s winter break, with Partizan 10 points clear on the back of four consecutive titles.

He has worked his magic already. Partizan’s lead now stands at eight points having been held to a draw by third-from-bottom Novi Pazar. Watch this space.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... z1oF8WKyHs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whizzer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by whizzer »

Bishops Finger wrote:Is there an embargo about talking about Pardew and his 'relationships' with the players etc?

If the rumours are true then there is no wonder the players were not too enamoured with him - bit of a cheek to draw parralels with the AVB/Chelsea situation!
Agree with this, if the rumours were true how the hell could he expect respect from the tea lady, let alone the players.
Hope his wife is better now!,,,
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Latest news updates from KUMB.com...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Newcastle's best bitter

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has taken a sideswipe at unnamed members of his former West Ham squad for making his life 'very difficult'.

Pardew, who was responding to a question regarding yesterday's sacking of Andre Villas-Boas by Chelsea told reporters that the Portuguese manager's situation was similar to his when succeeding Glenn Roeder at West Ham nine years ago.

Full story (including a list of senior players inherited by Pardew): http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126062" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Three in five say 'no' to Stratford

61 per cent of supporters who have voted in the latest KUMB.com Olympic Stadium poll so far have expressed a preference not to move to Stratford.

The KUMB poll, which has been running since February 23 asked supporters 'Do you support the Board's plans to move WHUFC to the Olympic Stadium post-this summer's games?'

And to date, the majority of fans - some 61 per cent - have voted AGAINST a move to the Olympic Park - in stark contrast to our most recent poll, conducted a year ago, that resulted in 57 per cent of supporters BACKING the move.

Full story: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126061" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frankly, not enough

Frank Nouble is set to be confirmed as a Walsall player later today, according to reports.

The 20-year-old striker has barely featured for West Ham United's first team since signing from Chelsea in July 2009 and is set to sign for the League One strugglers, who currently reside in 21st place - just four points off the bottom.

Full story: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The opposition view... Cardiff City

The general view from the other side of the Severn Bridge was that Sam Allardyce's West Ham were well worth the win in today's Championship clash at the Cardiff City Stadium...

"I thought West Ham wanted it more than us today. Very disappointing, we looked very stale today and I am still wondering why Malky didn't change it. West Ham were well organised and sussed us out. For their first goal, there were three players around their man and we let him slip the ball through to Nolan to score. Their second goal I am still wondering how McCartney was allowed to run all the way down the left. I thought Vuckic in particular was guilty of pulling out of a few tackles. We let West Ham come down here and pick up a comfortable win. Not good enough I'm afraid."
- Tonteg Bluebird

Full story: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Champions or bust

West Ham United captain Kevin Nolan insisted that the Hammers were 'absolutely magnificent' in their 2-0 win at Cardiff - a victory that lifts them to within a point of league leaders Southampton.

Nolan and his team gave the losing Carling Cup finalists something of a footballing lesson at the Welsh club's new stadium this afternoon, taking all three points courtesy of goals from Nolan and full back George McCartney.

And despite the win not being enough for the Hammers to overhaul the Saints, who had a four-point advantage at the start of the day, Nolan warned Southampton that Sam Allardyce's side will be pushing them all the way for the title.

Full story: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.

I share others' concern over the future of THE Academy, it is our lifeblood.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

No idea who Pardew is referring to. Hardly any senior players who were in his squad were actually relegated with us and those who were appeared to be the sort who wouldn't cause trouble. I thought Dailly got picked purely on the basis that he was a decent bloke, because it certainly weren't for his footballing ability.

Was Ian Pearce still at the club when Pardew started? I remember him acting a bit of a twat in the Fizzy Pop.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

James P wrote:Was Ian Pearce still at the club when Pardew started? I remember him acting a bit of a twat in the Fizzy Pop.
See the link in my post above :thup:
James P

Post by James P »

Up the Junction wrote:See the link in my post above :thup:
Cheers boss. Ian Pearce isn't listed but I believe he was still at the club when Pardew took over.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

James P wrote:No idea who Pardew is referring to. Hardly any senior players who were in his squad were actually relegated with us and those who were appeared to be the sort who wouldn't cause trouble. I thought Dailly got picked purely on the basis that he was a decent bloke, because it certainly weren't for his footballing ability.

Was Ian Pearce still at the club when Pardew started? I remember him acting a bit of a twat in the Fizzy Pop.
Lomas and Repka, James? Can't really think of any others who weren't cleared out, such as Sinclair, Kanoute, etc.
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 1445_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

I wouldn't lose any sleep over what Alan Pardew says or thinks - Choosing Harewood and Mullins over Tevez and Mascherano says it all for me really.Maybe AVB bought himself red Ferrari penis extension and drilled Miss Bleakley?
James P

Post by James P »

ashbanki wrote:Choosing Harewood and Mullins over Tevez and Mascherano says it all for me really.
Yeah, because managing a football club is just like picking your fantasy team.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

James P wrote:Cheers boss. Ian Pearce isn't listed but I believe he was still at the club when Pardew took over.
That's because Ian was only 29 when he left WHUFC; as stated, the list refers to those 30 or over at the time.
James P

Post by James P »

Up the Junction wrote:That's because Ian was only 29 when he left WHUFC; as stated, the list refers to those 30 or over at the time.
Ah, he looked older :oops:
snube

Post by snube »

while not over 30, jermaine defoe didn't exactly behave himself that first half season after pards took over
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH,

I miss pocket Pards... still recon he was a great manager for us.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

James P wrote:Ah, he looked older :oops:
Having said that JP, it's not inconceivable that Pardew considered him thusly.
hammerjohn wrote:I miss pocket Pards... still recon he was a great manager for us.
History says he had one great season - but then so did Roeder and Zola.
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

I remember 10 players being realeased that Season, the TV shots of them leaving the training ground.
Di Canio went at that time but he would have been gone before the start of the new season.